PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Blaine, was it this guy?

http://addamsfamily.wikia.com/wiki/Thing

2016/7/20 14:25Profile

Re:

Actually bro it was James Arness who played the out of soace monster in the black and white version of The Thing

James Arness is best known for his role as Matt Dillon in the western Gunsmoke. Ran for many years on TV.

A little movie trivia you can impress your friends with. :-)

But I thought the hand was kind of cool in The Munsters.

2016/7/20 14:41
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

And with quite a twist of irony the last line of the original "the thing" was "watch the skies --everywhere-- keep looking-- keep watching the skies."

Isn't that apropos.

2016/7/20 14:59Profile

Re:

Better get this thread back on a more serious footing. Washington Post article says that Turkey is cracking down on dissadents. Turkish Educators banned from traveling abroad. A number of educators are being fired or arrested.

This is generally the step in a dictatorship. That is to go after the educators and the media. Turkey seems to be following this pattern.

Article goes on to state that there will be more purges of the military. Where is the military had formerly been the guardian of secularism in Turkey. Attempts are being made to bring the military under Islamic control. Translate that more under Erdogan's control.

No doubt more to follow.

2016/7/20 15:02

Re: Todf

Watch and see bro. I believe our Redemption draweth nigh.

Just my humble thought.

2016/7/20 15:04

Re: Turkey using coup to move toward Islam. Link to article.

Okay post is reedited. Had to full length because link does not go to article. Will try to see how to get link on forum.

2016/7/20 15:18
docs

Re:

Israel was not dwelling in safety either in 70 AD when a invasion and seige came. They are not in safety today so a time is to come when they will believe they are in a time of peace.

15 Because you have said, "We have made a pact. The overwhelming scourge will not reach us when it passes by, for we have made falsehood our refuge and we have concealed ourselves with deception."

18 And your covenant with death shall be cancelled, and your pact with Sheol shall not stand; when the overwhelming scourge passes through, then you will become its trampling place. (Isaiah 28:15,18)

The, when they say peace and safety...

8 After many days you will be summoned; in the latter years you will come into the land that is restored from the sword, whose inhabitatnts have been gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel which had been a continual waste; but its people were brought out from the nations, and THEY ARE LIVING SECURELY, all of them.

9 And you will go up, you will come like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land, you and your troops, and many people with you.

10 ‘Thus says the Lord God, “It will come about on that day, that thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil plan,

11 and you will say, ‘I will go up against the land of unwalled villages. I will go against those WHO ARE AT REST, THAT LIVE SECURELY, all of them living without walls and having no bars or gates,

12 to capture spoil and to seize plunder, to turn your hand against the waste places which are now inhabited, and against the people who are gathered from the nations, who have acquired cattle and goods, who live at the center of the world.’ (Ezekiel 38:8-11)

2016/7/20 15:26Profile

Re: Article by Gospel Coalition on Turkey

The Recent Turkish Coup: What It Means and How to Pray

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/the-recent-turkish-coup-what-it-means-and-how-to-pray

2016/7/20 15:29

Re: Article on the Arabiazation of Turkey

The Failed Coup Against Erdogan Will Ease the Way Toward the Arabization of Turkey - Slate
Slate › articles › foreigners › 2016/07
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2016/07/why_the_failed_turkish_coup_will_empower_erdogan.html

2016/7/20 19:25

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy