SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Turkey and Erdogan Bear Watching

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Saints I certainly agree. Of course none of us really knows what will me the details of the end times. But Jesus does tell us in the gospel accounts to be on the alert.

I agree with Sandra that at one time communism was the main challenge to the church. But with the fall of communism there was a vacuum. Islam stepped in to fill that vacuum. And we see more of a global challenge coming from Islam than communism ever presented. To that end I think Islam will play a very prominent place in the end time scenario. Thiugh the particulars of how it will be worked out will be in God's sovereignty.

In the meantime we must thank God for the opportunity to preach the gospel to the Muslims who are turning to Jesus Christ in record numbers.

Brothers and sisters these are simply my thoughts from the wall.

2016/7/20 10:49
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Where is Islams Air Force and navy- particularly radical ISIS type Islam?

It seems the only reason we have not destroyed this threat is because of our distaste for collateral damage.

I agree that radical Islam is a threat to Israel because of proximity but even Israel has greatly restrained themselves.

2016/7/20 11:59Profile

Re:

I believe air and naval forces of radical Islam will manifest itself in the Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 and 39 Coalition that will come against Israel. That's why Turkey bears watching. Because they may be the nation leading the charge against Israel.

However if one is inclined to look at Psalm 83
And Ezekiel 38 and 39 as already being fulfilled, then the above observation will be rejected.

Irregardless of one's eschatological view of the end times. Turkey and Erdogan still need to be watched. But I see Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 and 39 as having a future fulfillment. But this is simply my own conviction.

2016/7/20 12:09

Re:

I might add Israel possessess tactical nuclear weapons. If they feel they are being threatened. They will initiate what is known as the "Samson Option". I think we are familiar with the story of Samson in the Old Testament. He brought the temple down on himself and his enemies.

If Israel feels threatened by her enemies. The message is you may get us. But we will take many of you with us.

When Saddam launched the scud missiles at Israel during the first Gulf War. My understanding is Israel went to nuclear alert. It took a lot of arm-twisting on the part of Caspar Weinberger and George H. W Bush to restrain Israel from retaliating against Iraq.

How all this will play out in the end times I do not know. But should radical islamist come against Israel. There will be a heavy price to pay.

Again simply my thoughts.

2016/7/20 12:15
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiochus_IV_Epiphanes?wprov=sfsi1

2016/7/20 12:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Ezekiel 38:14 “Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: In that day, when my people Israel are living in safety, will you not take notice of it?

By any stretch of the imagination can it be said that Israel is living in safety?

2016/7/20 12:38Profile

Re: Todd

Brother this is not the thread to debate preterism. Whatever your eschatological views are. The fact is we are living in turbulent times.

Like it wisely said. Let's just wait a little while and see what happens. By the way what movie was that from. :-) I might want to watch it.

My thoughts bro.

2016/7/20 13:34

No right now Israel is not living in safety. However Israel is negotiating with Turkey and establishing or re-establishing diplomatic relations with them. Maybe they will be lulled into a false sense of security by Erdogan.

Only just an observation bro. Don't know how it will play out. But I keep thinking in my spirit we need to watch turkey. But then for that matter I think we need to be watching the whole world. :-)

Again just my thoughts bro.

2016/7/20 13:39
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree that we are living in perilous times and watchfulness is the best policy.

At the risk of being branded a heretic, the movie was "the thing" with Kurt Russell. I really liked the original black and white version but this remake was well done. Scary though.

2016/7/20 13:53Profile

Oooh! Herectical bro. :):)

Hey do you know who played The Thing in the original black-and-white version?

2016/7/20 14:06

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy