SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Francis Chan, Hillsong United, Pope Francis Will Pray for Revival This Saturday

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Matthew 7:1, 3 “Don’t criticise people, and you will not be criticised. For you will be judged by the way you criticise others, and the measure you give will be the measure you receive.” “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and fail to notice the plank in your own? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me get the speck out of your eye’, when there is a plank in your own? You fraud! Take the plank out of your own eye first, and then you can see clearly enough to remove your brother’s speck of dust.”

Read the description of the event again. Taking it at face value what is wrong with it? What, alternatively, should they be praying for? Why always think the worst of people and cast doubt on their motives?

2016/7/14 14:09Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: About Jesus?

I read it's about unity. I see the Vatican as wanting the Christian believers to be reconciled, to come back home.

Pope Francis recently gave a speech and in it he mentioned the story of Joseph. How the Israelites had money. He said you can't eat money. They had to go down to Egypt to buy corn. They had to be reconciled with their brother in order to eat.

Take a look around and you are seeing food being used as a weapon today. In Venezuela, Russia, North Korea, Iran, and the lists go on. Be reconciled to my way or you want eat is the message today and the one that's coming as food, seed, and water are being bought up.

Kind of like the mark of the beast. Can't buy or sell even though you have money; you have to be reconciled with your brother and take his way or else.

The unity sought for in DC may be something quite different than what it appears. We live in an age of great deception.

2016/7/14 14:13Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Maybe the pope will get saved while hanging out with Francis Chan. Wouldn't that be something. Maybe that's what we should be praying for.

2016/7/14 14:34Profile
brothagary

Re:

Give me jesus ,,who cares about theoligy ,,bad theoligy ,,lets all come together for jesus ,,and sing combyya,,its not about theoligy who cares what we believe ,the importaint thing is ,giving jesus our heart ???

2016/7/14 15:06Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Todd,

Ha! That would be something:))

Honestly I'd love to just listen to that conversation,...Francis C. really has a way about him that I just can't help but admire and my imagination finds lots to smile about with a Francis C. on P. Francis dialogue;)

2016/7/14 15:41Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

You're on the right track Gary!

2016/7/14 16:00Profile

Re: Quote by Pope Francis

. Pope Francis said on November 30 that Christians and Muslims were ‘brothers’,

2016/7/14 16:32
forrests

Re: who cares what we believe?

Quote:
"Give me jesus ,,who cares about theoligy ,,bad theoligy ,,lets all come together for jesus ,,and sing combyya,,its not about theoligy who cares what we believe ,the importaint thing is ,giving jesus our heart ???

Brother Gary, this statement is wrong and dangerous for many reasons. While I do know that the Pharisees had fairly good theology and missed Jesus with their blind hearts...and I have contended with a man (a supposed minister of the gospel) who said "theology is life"; my response being: "No, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are life," - I would never say that one can just disregard doctrinal purity and truth and go along with anything (this is a false dichotomy: "Theology/doctrine is all" vs. "Theology/doctrine is nothing").

But all throughout scripture we are warned not to be deceived. Jesus Himself does no small amount of warning about false prophets and false christs. Paul, Peter, John, Jude, James, and the writer of Hebrews all warn about error and correct faulty thinking/theology.

Scripture tells us to "test all things" and exhorts us not to be "babes in understanding". Just about all of Scripture exists to teach us the truth of God and prevent us from falling for deception.

The sentiment that says:
Quote:
"lets all come together for jesus ,,and sing combyya"

is also very dangerous. Scripture is clear: some preach a different Jesus.

The heart *must* be humble and surrendered to Jesus Christ, but the *mind* must also be renewed by the word of God and we must understand Christ/truth in order to abide in Him and stand firm against "every wind of doctrine" and the "fiery darts of the wicked one."

Just think, if you love your wife and someone began to misrepresent her in your presence and to say that she condones things that she really hates, and then claims to be her friend - would you not only stand by and let that go unchallenged, but would you befriend that person and not try to correct them? Now what about when professing sheep do the same with the Shepherd?

Jesus says:
Quote:
"Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man. Be glad in that day and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven. For in the same way their fathers used to treat the prophets...Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for their fathers used to treat the false prophets in the same way."

Who was it that used to mistreat the prophets of God? Who is Jesus referring to here? Not the Egyptians or Babylonians...it was the Jews that hated their own prophets (and loved the false prophets).

Woe to you when all that name the Name of Christ speak well of you, for they often love the false prophets.

We need to walk circumspectly and test all things.

A "who cares what you believe" attitude is incredibly naive and dangerous and likely betrays a spiritual shallowness (for almost every chapter of the bible screams in opposition to such a perilous mindset).

2016/7/14 16:45Profile

Re: More quotes by Pope Francis

"During his hour-long speech, but smiling Pope Francis was quoted telling the Vatican's guests that the Koran and the spiritual teachings contained therein are just as valid as the Holy Bible."

"Jesus Christ, Jehovah, Allah, these are all names to describe an entity that is distinctly the same as around the world."

"We can accomplish marvelous things in the world by merging our faiths and the time for such a movement is now."

And you accuse me of judging???

2016/7/14 16:48
forrests

Re: More quotes by Pope Francis

Brother Blaine,
While I agree the Pope is an evil man and not a Christian at all - I exhort you to check your sources. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that your alleged Pope Francis quotes are all taken from a "National Review" article...

The issue is that the National Review is a fake news site. Pope Francis likely never made those statements (at least not publicly). We do need to play by the rules and, "by the mouth of two or three witnesses let every word be established," (unless you personally witnessed him make these statements in a public speech).

Can you provide references so we can verify the Pope Francis quotes? Thanks brother.

Though I do agree that the whole event in DC is not according to the will of God and find it to be very dangerous (end time) error and deception.

2016/7/14 17:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy