SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : SHE WAITED 71 YEARS FOR HER FIRST BIBLE!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 SHE WAITED 71 YEARS FOR HER FIRST BIBLE!

We are constantly amazed at the need for the Word of God throughout Asia. We recently met an 85-year-old believer in Myanmar (Burma), who told us, "I was born in December 1931 and grew up in a Karen Christian family. My parents were very poor so I started first grade when I was 13 years old. There was only one Bible in our village and it belonged to our pastor. I really wanted to have my own Bible, so I have been praying to God for a Bible since 1945, when I was 14.

Whenever I saw the Bible in Pastor's hands, I really wanted to have my own copy. So I kept praying.

I was very hungry for the Word of God and I wanted to read it, but there were no Bibles. This was truly heartbreaking for me and I became discouraged for a time and quit praying to have a Bible. But then a pastor gave me the Book of Mark from the Bible. I was elated and I read it whenever I could. I almost memorized the whole book. It strengthened my faith. By the grace of God, today I received the full Bible from you for free. This is amazing. Only God can do this. God answered my 71 years of prayers for a Bible. God is so good to me. My favorite Scripture is Psalm 23. Thanks to all who donated, supported, and brought to us this precious Bible. I will always read it, because I live alone. God bless you all."

Asia Harvest provided hundreds of thousands of Bibles to hungry Asian believers each year through our Asian Bible Fund. Help us make a difference for the Lord Jesus!

http://asiaharvest.org/asian-bible-fund/

2016/7/11 12:51Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: SHE WAITED 71 YEARS FOR HER FIRST BIBLE!

Amazing. Beautiful story.

2016/7/13 9:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy