SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Revival...Please pray for me.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
alamb

High Point, NC

Revival...Please pray for me.

I ask for prayer related to the "Revival in Burlington, NC" thread in the "News and Current Events Discussion Forum". I responded to that post to talk about that revival. I do not know how to cut and paste it over here so I am asking those of you who will pray to go to my post in that Discussion Forum to read it.
Thank you more than I can say!
Grace and mercy to you all!
In Him...Judy

2016/7/9 21:12Profile
mama27

Re: Revival...Please pray for me.

I am thrilled and honored to pray, Judy!! It's beyond my comprehension, but I've been praying for revival to come to the Chicago area....now that would truly be a miracle!! May you see Jesus....

2016/7/9 21:51Profile
alamb

High Point, NC

Re:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I am so excited I might not sleep tonight knowing I'm going on a test run over there tomorrow! My steps are ordered and I know it! He wants me to be a part of something and I can hardly wait to see what it will be. I know it's not about me because His greatness and magnificent splendor will break forth for all to see! I wish you could go with me!
In Him...Judy

2016/7/9 23:03Profile
mama27

Re:

Are you able to go to the revival meetings, Judy? Pls let us know if you need continued prayer

2016/7/19 9:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

amen sister, may God bless you as you seek Him. Please do share back on the meeting.

2016/7/19 9:42Profile

Re:

Judy

If you wish God to know that you are serious, you must put right every single thing that is in your life that He does not approve of. Ask Him for clarifiaction and He will give it.

2016/7/19 9:48

Re: Revival...Please pray for me.

Will pray for you Judy and that God move mightily in N.C.
People are hungry and thirsty for Jesus. May you be refreshed and restored in our beloved Christ.

Brenda: your advice is not sound nor good to Judy. Not interested in arguing with you. May the Lord release you from all false burdens and not bring sheep or lambs to an impossible crevice and say, "Now jump in your own strength."
The Holy Spirit brings conviction and we are not to lay heavy burdens on believers. Jesus said 'My yoke is easy, my burden is light. "
L

2016/7/19 12:00

Re:

Leslie

Your view might be the popular one today, but in the past such as during the Welsh revivals, this was the advice given by Evan Roberts and the advice from others before him.

Repentance involves turning from all known sins then we can await the power and strength to revive us .

2016/7/19 12:20
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Hi Brenda. Glad you mentioned Evan Roberts. His life is a wonderful study. It can be especially relevant within the given context of your advice in this thread.

Ever wonder what caused him to finally collapse with exhaustion and spend the remainder of his life in depression?

2016/7/19 12:34Profile

Re:

Hello Paul

Good to see you posting.

A very good question. Of course a lot of folk blame Jessie Penn-Lewis but provide no substantiative evidence so it is just hearsay and l don't believe it.

From my own observation of the revival state, it is extremely hard to resist the temptation to go beyond the limits our physical and mental state present for us and any weakness makes it doubly hard to keep good discernment in times of extreme pressure on us to perform the ministry we have been given and take on more than our portion of the work.

Whether Roberts was misled by others or whether he refused counsel to slow down, l guess we will never know but operating at that level of ministry in revival leaves us very vulnerable to the devises of Satan, as we see even in the apostles so the best we can do is to take heed and learn from them, all the while taking care that we do not fall into the trap of thinking we would be better than they.

Why he was not able to recuperate, we can only guess.

2016/7/19 13:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy