Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Cross by Joshua Daniel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The Cross by Joshua Daniel

“These words spake Jesus, and lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee” (John 17:1).

People have all kinds of notions about the Cross. When we refer to the Cross, we refer to that great, perfect, peerless sacrifice of Jesus made for you and me to cancel all our sins. There is no parallel to this propitiatory sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross. The greatest hater of Jesus, when he comes to the Cross, is broken by the love of the Saviour.

If you have not gone to the Cross, and unloaded all your garbage, all your hidden sin, you will continue to be a garbage truck. I am sad to see that many men and women are just garbage collectors. Their mouths spew garbage. Their eyes spew garbage. Their thoughts spew garbage. When they sit at their dinner table, they talk evil about somebody. There should be love at the table, not evil talk about somebody. Some people think that without that pickle of slander, they can’t eat. When you talk like that, you are poisoning yourself, your children and your family. Oh, how sad it makes me! So many people who ought to know better default here! They know so much religion in their heads. They warm the church pews with their presence by merely sitting there. But never does it get into their hearts.

No man can do you harm, only your evil heart and your evil thoughts—they will do you in. You are your greatest enemy. Your negative thoughts and negative mind are your worst enemies.

My dear readers, what a deliverance we get at the Cross! The slavish mind is gone! The slavery is gone! I often say: “I am not afraid of anybody. I am only afraid of Joshua Daniel.” That which cometh out of a man, that defiles a man, not that which comes from outside. What is coming out of you?

There are too many people who are killers in their homes. Their words are sharper than daggers and spears. They are grave-diggers of their own children. But at the Cross of Jesus, there is a transformation for you and me. And you will find that there is something to glory in. So St. Paul says: “God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Galatians 6:14). At the Cross, Jesus crucified my old nature and released a flow of positivity. At the Cross my old nature dies and the risen nature comes into me. Yes, the Cross is our only refuge from our old nature and from our wicked heart. What a refuge I have found in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus!

Here the Lord Jesus says: “Father, glorify thy name. This is the hour of glory.” There are hours of testing for everybody. There are hours of stress for everybody. That is a part of life. But we never call it the hour of glory. We suffer from those hours. We never think of calling them our “glory hours”.

When Mr. Moody was dying, his family was around him. He touched the lives of millions of people. When he was dying, and his heart was failing, the doctor tried to revive him. When the doctor tried to revive his heart once again, he said to the doctor, “Doctor, is it wise to do that?” And as death drew close, he said, “This is my Coronation Day.” Yes, all of us hate death from visiting us or our loved ones. But who will call it his “Coronation Day”? Because of the Cross, because of the resurrection, our dying hour becomes our coronation hour!

Whatever your doctrine may tell you, whatever some of these fanatics may tell you, you can never disprove the resurrection of Jesus. No power could keep Jesus within the grave. I knelt in that open grave. There was nothing there. But oh, how my heart was thrilled! I made my little children kneel in that open grave. Within that grave, into which we entered by a narrow opening, oh, how my heart was full of praise! My dear people, you have to experience this power within your heart.

When the disciples saw the risen Saviour, and ate with Him, they became revolutionized. From being fearful they became emboldened men. They became men full of power. All of you can enjoy this power. It is the power of the Holy Spirit. It is a purifying power. It burns out all the sin and dross. When fear is banished, and your sin is cancelled, being made free from sin, you become servants of righteousness.

My father, being a mathematics teacher, used to describe it this way, saying, “Jesus will wipe out your denominator.” When you say one, what do you mean? One by one makes one. Alright, if you remove that which is below, what happens to one? It becomes infinity. Infinity! What power should come out of your life because the Cross of Jesus and the resurrection power of Jesus wipes away the denominator in your life!

My dear readers, you must realize that when this miracle does not take place in your life, instead of being the solver of your problems, you become the creator of problems. Why? You are not at peace with yourself. So wherever you go, you will create problems. But you can only go to the Cross and say: “Lord Jesus, I want this horrible denominator to be taken away.” The resurrection power of Jesus will touch and transform your life and you will become a blessing instead of being a problem and a curse. May the Lord help you.

2016/7/2 11:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy