Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wit's end and lunch with a friend

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Wit's end and lunch with a friend

So much happening in the world, right?

I went to lunch with one of my very longest-time friends whom I've known for 40 years. He is a dyed-in-the-wool bible belt guy -- meaning he is being devoured by a false belief in the Southeastern Conference version of Christianity. (Apologies to our brothers and sisters outside of the US for that reference; I know you don't know what that means.) A lifelong Southern Baptist who now attends another evangelical, large church here, he is as deceived as any lost person I've ever seen and today was just ----- exasperating.

My friend is hilariously naïve and 100% nice. He teaches school now going on about 26 years or so. But, I was astounded at what he told me at lunch. I won't go into details because I love him and wouldn't criticize him behind his back. But a few things are crystallizing in my mind even more.

1. We pretty much are aware of it here, but if you doubt that people are just completely deceived about and by the antichrist spirit at work in the world, I'll invite you to lunch with my friend next time. THIS world, THIS entire order of existence, is already on fire from hell. And, all the "good Christians" in the evangelical churches are not only NOT blowing it out -- they're fanning the flames and they don't know the difference and they pretty well do not care.

2. Sexual morality is absolutely THE PRIMARY qualifier for whatever it means to be a "normal" or "acceptable" person for at least the short-to-medium term prior to the more complete presentation of Satan the Destroyer. What I mean, in short, is that what normal, acceptable human behavior is will be determined primarily (not solely, but primarily) by one's sexual life and what one says about sexuality. Sexual morality will qualify or disqualify people regarding many walks of life, even jobs. The most desired and chosen lines of work will rest most heavily on candidates being perverts or at least approving perversion. This will not last any longer than some point when the sexual drives of society will yield to more primitive desires to simply live, and that choice will be forced on many/most people in the world in due course. Satan will have people disregard sexuality over more immediate survival needs because he will create the circumstances which will make such choices necessary. In due time, homosexuality nor heterosexuality will mean anything because people will be too busy pursuing food and water.

3. The falling away is in full earnest. If it is to be a "great" falling away as some put it, it is on the doorstep. The shaking that we will experience will make most of the so-called leaves on the tree of real Christian life and faith fall to the ground for the heaping. It won't take much. People have already let go of the root that was in them because of worldliness. The ones for whom the root does not reach the soil due to hardness of heart and the cares of this life but who claim to have some faith in Christ will let go at the first shaking. Their love has already gone cold and they hold on now in a mixture of love for the world and sheer habit.

4. Christians claim a home in this world. Exclamations like "Heaven is my home but I'm not homesick", etc., reflect a genuine lack of biblical faith and zero knowledge of our Savior's suffering. I'm not arguing about what "heaven" is here, but I am saying that ardent professors of Christ are explicitly pushing back against any notions that Jesus will return in judgment and power, any notions that His return is soon. They are proclaiming a love for this world and a reluctance to see it put to an end and replaced by God's true mercy in the new heavens and new earth. They ignorantly or recklessly reject what Jesus came, bled and died to accomplish for us and in us while maintaining they are His. This is sickening and sad. I don't call things "sad" very often but this is so in the truest sense of the word.

4. Even Christians in the bible belt are so in world-love that the new thing that passes for biblical faith is a hope that Jesus will not come anytime soon and that even the thought of His return and the end of all things are mocked to scorn.

5. Ruin lies ahead for true believers in Christ. We will lose the battles and the war on this turf. We should invest our hearts and prayers into surrender to the Holy Ghost that our lives may remain pure and given to Jesus. The turf which wins, the higher ground, is coming down from the Father of lights in due time.

6. Pray for one another that we may endure. Prayers for revival should, perhaps, focus on our own remaining in Christ. Pray for unity in Christ in each family. The temptation to divide and betray will be overwhelming for many. The temptation to give in and yield to the antichrist spirit in the world will be so heavy that some or many will not bear up.

7. Personally, I'm concerned for my own and my family's future. Safety-wise, provision-wise. Even how long will we remain in a situation of living under one roof. That sounds crazy, I know. Dismiss my musings as only that, or worse, if you like. I take no offense.

God bless and help us all.

2016/6/29 16:19Profile
romanchog

Re: Wit's end and lunch with a friend

I agree with all that you have said.

I have fought the fear of what is obviously unfolding and the possibility of not having provision for my children. Being a widow with kids and having no husband to guide and protect me has scared me, especially since I feel that the darkness is speedily rising. But my kids always remind me that I am not alone, Jesus is with us. :)

In my family, among my children, we do not have unity in Christ. It is highly concerning to me because I don't know how we will take sides when all this comes about. Their souls concern me. Less importantly, I am concerned on how their stand on certain issues can affect my safety and that of the younger children as well.

As you say, what we need to learn more than anything now is to listen to the Holy Spirit, to be ready- those who are not ready may not make it (see the parable of the 10 virgins in Matthew).

And remember God is faithful.

In Christ,
Natalie

(edited to correct errors)

2016/6/29 21:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Att. Tim

Ok, Tim, I am not a lawyer and do not care for wordiness that characterizes legalese. So, please, could you restate point #2 so a layperson like me will not be left questioning what all is meant?

I do appreciate your take on issues but reading #2 is hard work and I am in no mood to think that hard at the moment! :-)

God bless.

Sandra

2016/6/29 22:55Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: Wit's end and lunch with a friend

Ginny rose said

Quote:
Ok, Tim, I am not a lawyer and do not care for wordiness that characterizes legalese. So, please, could you restate point #2 so a layperson like me will not be left questioning what all is meant?

I do appreciate your take on issues but reading #2 is hard work and I am in no mood to think that hard at the moment! :-)

because Dolfan had said,

Quote:
2. Sexual morality is absolutely THE PRIMARY qualifier for whatever it means to be a "normal" or "acceptable" person for at least the short-to-medium term prior to the more complete presentation of Satan the Destroyer. What I mean, in short, is that what normal, acceptable human behavior is will be determined primarily (not solely, but primarily) by one's sexual life and what one says about sexuality. Sexual morality will qualify or disqualify people regarding many walks of life, even jobs. The most desired and chosen lines of work will rest most heavily on candidates being perverts or at least approving perversion. This will not last any longer than some point when the sexual drives of society will yield to more primitive desires to simply live, and that choice will be forced on many/most people in the world in due course. Satan will have people disregard sexuality over more immediate survival needs because he will create the circumstances which will make such choices necessary. In due time, homosexuality nor heterosexuality will mean anything because people will be too busy pursuing food and water.

Ginny, to boil it on down: We won't be able to do or say anything or be anything unless we agree on perversion as being normal -- at least in the short- to medium- run of time. A time will come when the power of Satan will so overwhelm the saints and the whole world besides that sexual activity won't matter. We'll all be quite occupied with surviving.

2016/6/30 17:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy