SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Leviticus 19:29

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Superficial judgment is wrong. Passing judgment on someone based solely on appearances is sinful (John 7:24). It is foolish to jump to conclusions before investigating the facts (Proverbs 18:13). Simon the Pharisee passed judgment on a woman based on her appearance and reputation, but he could not see that the woman had been forgiven; Simon thus drew Jesus’ rebuke for his unrighteous judgment (Luke 7:36–50).

From gotquestions...

2016/7/13 23:11Profile
docs

Re: Leviticus 19:29

He mentions the modern dating principle and there's likely more to his comments than one would think. Going to the Father as the head of the household and perhaps becoming part of a courting system may not be western but it is more biblical it seems and has strong points. I don't know all the ins and outs of this courting under the Father's watchful eye and tutelage but it does have merit in my opinion.

Food for thought.

2016/7/14 6:04Profile
savannah

Re: Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time
In a church far away
There sat six young women
In the pew one Sunday

They whispered to each other
As the preacher preached away
And after it was over
They all went their merry way

The next Sunday they returned
And did a repeat of the last
They boasted to some others
How at church they had a blast

Now every Sunday morning
With many many friends
They make it a tradition
To go with all the trends

Their fashion and their pomp
Is quite a sight to see
It spread to all the women
The church has been set free

The preacher had been silent
Not wanting to offend
Now if any one takes notice
Be sure you'll lose your friend

Once upon a time
It was understood
That preaching wasn't relative
But rather for our good

Now everyone agrees
It would not be polite
For the preacher to in-sin-u-ate
That some things just ain't right

And now the sign upon the church
Reads come just as you are
All are welcome in this place
We've even got a bar

Do not judge us any more
We all cast in our lot
If you do you have no love
A True Christian you are not

It is growing late you see
And when this first began
We couldn't see the consequence
That this would have on man

Let me live just as I please
And don't come to my church
We have freedom can't you see
Stop being such a Lurch

Everywhere in church-land now
It's a common sight to see
The women have no modesty
They're all dressed like Sandra Dee

So remember not to criticize
You might incur their wrath
Just shut your mouth and go sit down
And follow the new path

2016/7/15 7:24Profile
Theophila

Re:

Good Sir,
Have you considered that it may have been the Holy Spirit who moved the preacher to speak to that young woman's immodesty?
Just because she was embarrassed and hurt does not mean those words didn't do her any good.
Just another perspective....

2016/7/17 15:06Profile
forrests

Re: "Once Upon a Tjme" Poem

Savannah,
Excellent poem. I plan to read it to my family ASAP. Thanks for sharing. This has been my burden almost since the Lord saved me. I am wrestling with it in my heart and mind in the gathering this moment. I contemplated ceasing attending the little church I have been attending due to immodesty and worldliness in the preachers family and "serving" in front of all the assembly in clothes I wouldn't allow my (step)daughters to wear in front of me in the home. It is a cancer, "a little leaven..."

Blessings in Jesus' Name.

2016/7/17 15:26Profile

Re:

I am all for modesty but this is a horrible poem. Is women's dress the root of all evil?

2016/7/17 15:44
mama27

Re:

Women's dress is not the root of all evil, but immodesty seems to be a sin that is seldom addressed from the pulpit. It is shameful that in many churches the dress among professing Christians looks no different from the world, and it is a concern that one's husband and sons have difficulty worshiping God for the temptation to lust all around them. I have experienced, and so have others of my friends, that everything one tries to teach of modesty in the home is quickly undone because "other Christians are doing it." Immodesty is of course a symptom and not the root.

2016/7/17 16:03Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

If I was part of a brick and mortar Sunday church and I was in the pulpit and my congregation had this modesty problem I would make it a public point to fall on my face before a holy God and ask His forgiveness for not shepherding my parents in the church so that they would teach their children well at home and I would ask Him before their faces to bring a sense of burden and burning hearts to correct our neglect. It would begin perhaps a bible study for the parents not on modesty but how to teach children and teens by diligence, patience and example. How to make the bible so dear to their homes that their children's rebellion could not be in ignorance. I would ask for a Holy Spirit outpouring of wisdom and diligence about the order of this world and how to live against it and why.

I would pray for the Spirit of wisdom to be made clear to the young ones so that as they work through the Word and their own lives they turn from worldliness to true humility and godliness. I would pray for young men and older ones alike to have their eyes anointed with salve so that while these young women were working out their salvation the men would look at them with no lust, no condeanation and not to hide lust behind judgment.

2016/7/17 17:33Profile
Theophila

Re:

Amen, brother!
I understand that men who have a 'lust' problem will lust after a woman even if she's dressed in a gurney sack. But Christian men shouldn't have to come to church and avert their eyes from immodestly dressed women all around them. And it's downright terrible when said women are on stage, 'leading worship'....
It's just not right however you slice it.
I'm not suggesting frumpiness.
A woman ought to be feminine and comely in appearance.

May the Lord have mercy on us....

2016/7/17 18:55Profile
forrests

Re: "Dad's Don't Prostitute Your Daughters" By Jason Cooley

Savannah,

Listening to the sermon now. 35 minutes into it and it is a clear, biblical, sober, and even refreshing word (even if a bit hard or harsh at times). It is so blessed to hear the word of God preached with conviction and unafraid to make things black and white and deal in absolutes. It is so very encouraging to hear the clear will/word of the LORD and in such a way that makes standing on and walking in it very clear and simple (albeit if not "easy" but by the Spirit of Life).

Perhaps I'll weigh in later with my takeaway from the sermon if anyone would be interested.

Blessings.

2016/7/18 14:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy