SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : UN Wants Parents Who Spank or Smack Children Jailed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Thank God, the world is not our measuring stick. The Word of God is. How come no one is complaining about God's chastisement on His spiritual children? It is quite hurtful, is He being fair and kind? What about Job? What about us?

Or...is there a reason behind it all?

Heb 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

First the natural then the spiritual.

When is the first physical chastisement in the Bible. What was God trying to teach us?

If we are chastised spiritually for our profit, then it must also be for our profit to be chastised physically. How many have experienced that and can say Amen, they were profited by their parents chastisement?

Amen!

Who are some parents in the Bible that should not have withheld the rod? Eli comes to mind, for one. There are many more. Can you name some?

Speaking of the world. They think animals are so much more advanced than humans, socially. They don't start wars and only kill to eat. In fact, everything they do that seems bad is either because they are hungry or defening themselves. They don't harbor malice, or even hate. But wait, they do chastise their young-ins. Ever seen a bear, lion or gorilla take a swipe at their offspring to teach them a lesson? It would kill you or I.

Back to people: look at the fruit of the world's touchy-feely philosophy. Dictators that everyone is afraid to stand up to. Politicians that get away with murder (literally) and on and on it goes.

Should we really be taking our cues from the UN?

Kids know more than adults these days.

2016/6/21 15:59
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

If your kids are behaving with a sharp rebuke and are not terrorizing the house or neighborhood, why spank them? It should be a last, not a first resort.

My dad spanked me but looking back it really wasn't very often- maybe once every couple of months. Generally it was for stuff like sassing my mother or coming home too late when i was too young to come home that late. I would always get caught up playing ball games and the time slipped by.

But despite being relatively few, the spankings were memorable, both because they smarted, and because they were regimented. He always made us wait in his room for a while so he would not spank in anger. It was always 3 swats with a wooden paddle that some high school kid made for him in shop class (my dad was a HS principal- lucky me).

He wrote on it "Board of Correction- Use as is needed"

I certainly love my dad and never hated him after he spanked me because i knew I deserved it. Further, once the spanking happened it was over. I could go out an play or do whatever. He would often throw a ball with me later in the day.

But I will say that because there was a possibility of spanking lurking in the background that usually a word from him would suffice, especially when he told me to do something punctuated with the word "immediately!"

2016/6/21 16:05Profile
watchnpray

Re:

Proudpapa, I'm not sure I understand your first question. Care to break it down for me? Thanks.

As for your second one: no, certainly not, unless anyone (Christian-professing or not) is guilty of certifiable abuse of any child.

So preachers on SI "are unanimously agreed" on the issue at hand? Very well, I hope it works for them and for those who subscribe to that ethos. (It goes without saying that I am referring to mentally-balanced individuals.)

By the way, I started reading some of the quotes/sermon extracts you referenced, but found them too taxing of my logical mindset (especially the full sermon by Denny Kenaston), so I desisted. Sorry.

2016/6/21 16:09Profile

Re:

Parenting is a very private thing, Xavier. It is between the parents and God. I am sure you have great kids.

2016/6/21 16:10
proudpapa

Re:

The Rod teaches the soul that there are consequences for breaking the rules that will lead to physical pain.

A soul that has not properly been trained by the rod will have a difficult time of trully comprehending that they deserve Hell as a consequence for there sin.

The Rod as brother Denny pointed out "will clear the conscience of your child"

The Rod sanctifies the soul of the child that is to young to comprehend the Atonement.

It is an instrument that is teaching the child that physical pain is a consequences for breaking the rules, as the child begains to increase in understanding as well as understanding the measure of his own sinfulness he will be a prepared recipient of the Atoning Sacrifice of our Lord,
Understanding that Jesus paid the price that we deserve which included physical pain.

Gods ways is the correct way.

2016/6/21 16:38Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Hi watchnpray

RE: ///Proudpapa, I'm not sure I understand your first question. Care to break it down for me? Thanks.///

Yes, I meant to edit it. I just did not get to it.

Are you in support of Christian parents whom disagree with you on the subject of corporal punishment being forced by the government to abandon there convicted use of it in the training of there children ?

I ask, because that is basically the impression that I recieved in your response to the original artical.

edit add: by the government

2016/6/21 16:49Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///As for your second one: no, certainly not, unless anyone (Christian-professing or not) is guilty of certifiable abuse of any child.///

The first question was basicaly the same as the second. So if you are for allowing Christians parents the right to train there children as they feel led, I can respect that.

by the way : Interesting name

2016/6/21 17:50Profile
watchnpray

Re:

I sure do, Julius, and thanks for the expressed goodwill! God bless.

Y'know, I watch them sleeping and think: how innocent they look, not a trace of all the playful "mischief" - and pretty harmless mischief, at that - (thank God, they're not given to bullying, being cruel to animals, stealing stuff, or being openly rebellious to our rules, or arson, etc. ha, ha) they can get into when awake! They're far from perfect, of course, but they're learning to love the Lord (mostly through my wife's continual and patient efforts). And I think: Lord, what an IMPERFECT father they were saddled with. Poor kids. :)

2016/6/21 19:09Profile
watchnpray

Re:

Well, proudpapa, my beef was with the style and overall tone of the original article, not with all of its substance. (But there is only so much one can put into an online comment to keep from boring the readers.)

Anyway, let me make it clear that, while I believe that we are Biblically enjoined to obey the rightful civil laws and rules of government of the political states we live in, secular legislation should in no wise infringe on the conscientious convictions of us who are citizens of the Kingdom. Well, at least, that's the ideal! Thus, we obey the State insofar as it does not require of us to betray the life-principles given us by our true King.

2016/6/21 19:26Profile

Re:

Edit:

Quote:

by watchnpray on 2016/6/21 19:26:47

Well, proudpapa, my beef was with the style and overall tone of the original article, not with all of its substance. (But there is only so much one can put into an online comment to keep from boring the readers.)

Anyway, let me make it clear that, while I believe that we are Biblically enjoined to obey the rightful civil laws and rules of government of the political states we live in, secular legislation should in no wise infringe on the conscientious convictions of us who are citizens of the Kingdom. Well, at least, that's the ideal! Thus, we obey the State insofar as it does not require of us to betray the life-principles given us by our true King.

Amen, to that watchnpray.

Quote:
by watchnpray on 2016/6/21 19:09:08

I sure do, Julius, and thanks for the expressed goodwill! God bless.

Y'know, I watch them sleeping and think: how innocent they look, not a trace of all the playful "mischief" - and pretty harmless mischief, at that - (thank God, they're not given to bullying, being cruel to animals, stealing stuff, or being openly rebellious to our rules, or arson, etc. ha, ha) they can get into when awake! They're far from perfect, of course, but they're learning to love the Lord (mostly through my wife's continual and patient efforts). And I think: Lord, what an IMPERFECT father they were saddled with. Poor kids. :)

Ditto all of that. Thank the Lord for wonderful wives.

You sound like a very conscientious and loving father. Your kids have the exact father they need. The one that loves and cares about them.

2016/6/21 19:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy