SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Go tell his disciples....AND PETER??

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Santana

Go tell his disciples....AND PETER??

What do you think the angel meant when he said this? Wasn't Peter one of the disciples already?

"But go, tell his disciples and Peter that he is going before you to Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.”" -Mark 16:7

2016/6/18 20:37Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Go tell his disciples....AND PETER??

Peter dictated the book of Mark to Mark. That is one explanation.

The other is that Peter was not just any old disciple.

2016/6/18 20:55Profile
Sree

Re: Go tell his disciples....AND PETER??

Peter was also a disciple no question about it, but the Angel mentioned his name specially because he was down in spirit as he disowned the Lord, hence it will be an encouragement to him if he knows that the Lord as risen. Luke 24:12 says Peter ran to the tomb on hearing the news, because he was so anxious to meet the Lord.

2016/6/18 22:34Profile

Re: when thou art converted

What about-

Luke 22:31-32, "And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren."

2016/6/19 6:42

Re:

I agree with Sree and Tuc.

We server a personal God and He wanted to specifically name Peter to encourage him.

2016/6/19 8:17
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Amen about being down in the spirit. We've all been there when we've failed the Lord and the enemy, being the enemy, takes full advantage of our being down in the spirit. Most likely whispering into Peter's ear, "How can God want you to be a disciple after all you've done to Him, how? You're worthless to Him now... blah blah blah."

And it took that one sentence, "The angel told us to tell the disciples AND YOU specifically Peter," to restore him! :)

And then when he came down out of the upper room, he KNEW beyond a shadow of a doubt he had been forgiven and accepted! God is so good, like that! This is just conjecture on my part but Peter might not have made it to the upper room if he had not been encouraged.

God bless,
Lisa

2016/6/19 10:01Profile

Re:

Amen, Lysa. What a loving God we serve. A God of restoration and reconciliation who calls us by name.

John 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

He knows all of His own.
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Isa_43:1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: FOR I HAVE REDEEMED THEE, I HAVE CALLED THEE BY NAME; ***THOU ART MINE***

LET ALL THOSE WHO SEEK THEE REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN THEE!! (Psalm 70:4)

2016/6/19 14:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy