SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : persecution: good or bad?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

persecution: good or bad?

Should we run to hide in the basement when we hear the warning sirens of a "coming persecution"?

Persecution is already part of our life, through our standing gracefully in persecution we convict the world for repentance. I heard the testimony of this person who angrily threw the tracts at this christian lady threatening and ridiculing her but she kept coming and kept loving him. Seeing her forgiving and loving attitude he finally become broken about his sins, and repented. Similar persecution is shown in recent christian movies such as God is not dead 1 and 2.

1 Peter 2:20-21
"20 For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God. 21 For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps."

Acts 5:41King James Version (KJV)

41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Matthew 10:28King James Version (KJV)

"28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Romans 8:35-39King James Version (KJV)

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Persecution does not kill the church but strengthens it.
I pray that God would give us grace when facing persecution so it could work for His glory whether it comes to us on personal or state level.

2016/6/17 15:15
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: persecution: good or bad?

Dear brother,

You are right, we should be all the more willing during persecution to share the words of life and we will seek the Lord more desperately for His baptism of love for persecutors.

The challenge to us now is that why will we not witness and share the Lord with people when it is less persecution and easier, a time is coming when speaking for the Lord could end in a jail cell immediately!

Acts 4:23-31 New International Version (NIV)

The Believers Pray
23 On their release, Peter and John went back to their own people and reported all that the chief priests and the elders had said to them. 24 When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “you made the heavens and the earth and the sea, and everything in them. 25 You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of your servant, our father David:

“‘Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
26 The kings of the earth rise up
and the rulers band together
against the Lord
and against his anointed one.[a]’[b]
27 Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. 28 They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen. 29 Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. 30 Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”

31 After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.

2016/6/17 15:19Profile

Re: persecution: good or bad?

Susanna writes..........

"Should we run to hide in the basement when we hear the warning sirens of a "coming persecution"

Wow, way to mix up the analogy with the reality. I read what the brother wrote, He said that we should run deeper into the heart of God when we see the persecution coming. Do you know what happens when you run deeper into the heart of God sister? You love more, you read the word more, you witness more, you forgive more, you are more bold not less.

Maybe you simply misunderstand what an analogy is? It's the comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification. Blaine was explaining what the purpose of warning was, what the purpose of being a watchman on the wall was. The warning is intended to drive people deeper into the heart of God, not to go to an actual basement and hide, sheesh. Hopefully, at the least you are just being obtuse or we will have to abandon analogies because folks dont know what they mean............bro Frank

PS Here is what the brother actually wrote............

I offer this analogy of the tornado warnings as those who warn of upcoming persecution. Those who speak of upcoming persecution that is coming on the shores of America are doing so to encourage Christiane to go to shelter. I do not mean the shelter of a bunker. But I mean go to the bowels of the Father's Heart. This is the encouragement. The storm of persecution is coming. Our safe room is the father heart of God. Our safe room is to be in the hands of the Holy Spirit.

2016/6/17 15:48

Re:

I apologize for misrepresenting the statement about the sirens.
I understand now that the basement was meant to be God's presence. However I maintain that the analogy is incorrect, because a tornado shelter keeps us uneffected by the tornado, while God would not keep us uneffected by persecution. When we are persecuted we are suffering, and God allows that, as he also allowed the suffering of His Son.

2016/6/17 16:04

Re:

Picturing the persecution as a tornado is also incorrect. Tornadoes only do damage and destruction, while persecution strengthens and purifies the church, and can not destroy it.
I would picture deception as a tornado.

2016/6/17 16:26
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Sister,

There is wonderful truth there that deception is much more dangerous then outward persecution.

In the end the Scriptures are clear that persecution is not really good or bad (for it is both!) but will "happen".

2 Timothy 3:12 New International Version (NIV)

12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,

2016/6/17 17:17Profile

Re: Tozsu

Dear sister I think you're trying to over analyze the analogy. An analogy only serves to illustrate something. Analogies are not perfect.

Granted the tornado analogy falls short. But I was trying to use it to address your earlier point you were bringing up on the other thread. You said that my post did not have encouragment. You implied that my post was creating fear. Thus the analogy of a tornado siren and tornado. It was meant to convey a warning and enxouragement.

My sister I'm very aware of how God uses persecution to perfect His people. I have had people from the front lines on my prayer call who have testified of the reality of Christ in the midst of their sufferings. Also the devotional thread I opened up, Of The Persecuted, reflects much of what I've heard and read. You may want to check it out sometime.

Tozsu I invite you to come and join our call as we pray for the persecuted church and the global harvest of souls. My email is in my profile. If you write me I will be glad to send you the call information.

Must go now dear sister. Have a bus to catch.

Bro B.

2016/6/17 17:26

Re:

Speaking about his persecution Joseph said to his brothers:

Genesis 50:20King James Version (KJV)

20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

2 Corinthians 4:15-18King James Version (KJV)

15 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

2016/6/17 18:25

Re: Tozsu

Agreed my sister.:) We are on the same page ;) Come pray with us for our persecuted brothers and sisters.:)

Breaux B.

2016/6/17 18:50

Re:

I'll open a new thread for discussion about being on the same page, and continue this thread about the OP.

2016/6/17 21:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy