SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Could a law be passed in our current society to exterminate Christians?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Could a law be passed in our current society to exterminate Christians?

Todd posed this question on the Ken Miller thread. I wanted to open up this thread to discuss his question.

Todd's question was please demonstrate how in our current society a law could be passed to exterminate Christians? Before I chime in my two cents worth here. I would like to hear from the forum.

Before this question is dismissed as right wing paranoia. Paul Washer in his message about upcoming persecution on the American church makes a statement that even our family may cast a vote to put us to death because we follow Christ.

2016/6/16 17:04

Re: Todd's Question

Those of the flesh always persecuted those who were of the spirit. Starting with Cain killing Abel. There is nothing new about this persecution. It can play out any way but we are not supposed to focus on that. By fantasizing on future scenarios we are inviting fear in our life.

Philippians 4:6-7English Standard Version (ESV)

6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

We can make ourselves ready for persecution by praying and meditating on the word of God. Corrie Ten Boom said we receive the ticket (grace) just before we board the train (persecution).

2016/6/16 17:19

Re: Todd's Question

My family is the family of God.

2016/6/16 17:19

Re:

Hi Susanna,

Jesus Himself prepared His disciples for His upcoming death, not to instill fear in them, but to prepare them. Of course Peter was not happy about that talk and the Lord rebuked him. The book of Revelations speaks about what the enemy will do and that we would be handed over to the forces of anti-christ, not to scare people but to prepare people. If the thought of being persecuted or killed for the sake of Jesus makes one anxious, that is not the fault of those who speak of it, it is an internal spiritual matter for the one who is anxious..............bro Frank

2016/6/16 17:36
proudpapa

Tozsu

Tozsu very good post.

RE: ///By fantasizing on future scenarios we are inviting fear in our life.///

RE: ///We can make ourselves ready for persecution by praying and meditating on the word of God. Corrie Ten Boom said we receive the ticket (grace) just before we board the train (persecution).///

very good, I feel that sensational speculation does not seem to do much more than draw attention to the speculator while at the same time discrediting them.

Now I feel that this is different than being a watchman and warning and presenting the reality of the direction that our society is heading, in light of historic and biblical facts.

2016/6/16 17:41Profile

Re:

Prophecy is not equal to human brainstorming. Nobody said there will be no persecution. We already gave our life to Jesus we have nothing to ourselves.

Appolus said:
Revelations speaks about what the enemy will do and that we would be handed over to the forces of anti-christ, not to scare people but to prepare people. If the thought of being persecuted or killed for the sake of Jesus makes one anxious, that is not the fault of those who speak of it, it is an internal spiritual matter for the one who is anxious.............."

I strongly disagree.
In every account of speaking those events Jesus encouraged those who overcome, told them to remain in Him (as most important) and spoke about the rewards. His words were by the Holy Spirit. (In my understanding He was speaking about the persecution under Nero)
It is possible to speak about persecution in a threatening way, omitting all encouragements and highlighting only the worst aspects. In that case it would be the speaker's fault if the listeners worry (however those who have the ears to hear will not worry)

2016/6/16 17:52

Re: Tozsu

Brethren no one is fantasizing about any future scenario. The death camps of North Korea are a very real reality to those brothers and sisters who live there. The shipping containers of Eritrea are a very real reality to those brothers and sisters who live there. Persecution and martyrdom are a very real reality to those brothers and sisters who live in restricted Nations.

We in America do not have such a reality. Though that may very well change. Or I should say it will very well change. To look at the reality of the times that we're living or the darkness that's coming over America is not a future fictional scenario. But a very real reality that is coming upon us.

Of course the question is not to fear if they are truly in Christ. But in America how many are really walking out the reality of Jesus Christ. How many are really living the Crucified Life as unto him.

Even to start such threats as this and this forum. The detractors will come out and say we should not be talking about these things because this will breed fear.

Brothers and sisters in a place such as Iraq. A loving husband will kiss his wife and say my beloved I pray that I see you by the end of the day. But if not know that we will be in heaven. This is not idle or morbid speculation. But this is reality as that pastor may very well lose his life that day. This is the reality for the persecuted Church. This is a reality that is yet to come upon America. But this is a reality that we need to face.

I believe Paul Washer still carries credibility in this forum. Go back and listen to his message said he gave a few years ago when he adressed up coming persecution in America. And then ask yourself was he breeding fear. If anything he was trying to warn the American Church of what lays ahead. His message I believe is given in 2011. Look where we are at today.

Just my thiughts.

2016/6/16 17:56

Re:

Blaine,

What I miss from your post is encouragement.
When I listen to David Wilkerson and others speaking about coming events, they always speak God's encouragement to us.
We can talk about coming persecution, but our focus should be on Jesus.

2016/6/16 18:05

Re:

Sister, if your only disagreement with the coming persecution is that those who speak of it speak of it in a threatening way ( not even sure what that means) and do not encourage the saints, then I would agree with you. If however those who speak of it and have been called by the Lord to speak of it and encourage the saints, then I am glad that we agree on that. Exhortation of the saints is one of the most important gifts of the Spirit...........bro Frank

2016/6/16 18:06

Re:

There are the admonishments to think on good and lovely things and not to entertain vain imaginations. We have to strike a balance and let our moderation be known to men but some today do seem to go on and on about persecution. If you have been persecuted you really don't talk about it much because you know it comes with the territory.

I have known young believers that kind of romanticize about it. If they want persecution what are they waiting for? Live godly, preach the gospel.

With all that said, my eyes are open and I see what is happening all around me and the best way to prepare people for what you might see coming is to strengthen them in their life with Christ... Unless you have some specifics.

2016/6/16 18:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy