SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : E-mail I recieved from Executive director of the Democratic party in Kansas. Persecution is coming f

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Jasmine writes........

"Yes I am really skeptical about “Christian persecution” because that may not be what it really is. There are several false gospels floating around and I just don't think you can holler persecution if you were stoning people with glee..."

That is the false narrative that will play into the persecution of the saints in the coming years. Who exactly are you talking about Jasmine when you write "I just don't think you can holler persecution if you were stoning people with glee" Very sad statement. Every genuine saint I know always counts it a tragedy when anyone is murdered. If you want to chase down Hillsboro Baptists and so on then knock yourself out, that is a no brainer. The persecution of the saints is coming and we shall be counted with the transgressors and we shall be much surprised where the actual persecution comes from..................bro Frank

2016/6/14 10:05

Re:

Tim writes..........

" We are consumed with not hurting feelings of two groups of people whose existence is devoted to the hatred of the biblically revealed Christ. Where is the one who will stand and say, "You cowards! Lay down your expressions of prayer, lay down your empty words of empathy and actually deliver the only hope there is and do so quickly because there is no time to limply extend hands of charitable help. Speak boldly the gospel. Tell them to repent and believe. Quit worrying whether you will die in the process. Of course you will. He who loves his life will lose it. What good is the church if it will not now die that the gospel may be spoken?"

Amen Tim, that more ably speaks to the poster I responded to.

" Orlando -- and America -- need prophets." Indeed brother, sadly most are way to scared to speak the truth and would rather attack Christianity to keep the good favor of the world.............bro Frank

2016/6/14 10:10

Re:

Todd writes...........

" If I ask Christian friends I know who Leonard Ravenhill was, very few would likely know. I am certain they would have no idea who Carter Conlon is."

Whose fault is it Todd if people have ears that only want to be tickled, they are certainly not going to seek out the deeper truths, they will stay within the shallows..........bro Frank

2016/6/14 10:12

Re:

Julias, you are absolutely correct. My name for it is ....

Christophobia- Prejudice or bigotry,dislike or hatred of Christianity or Christians.

bro Frank

2016/6/14 10:14
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

And who will the devil use in this nation
to persecute Christians?

Christians that speak the truth about Islam
will be persecuted.

Pastors that preach the truth about
homosexuality will be persecuted.

There will be persecution within the
Church itself, because Christians that
speak the truth are already considered
to be intolerant, and unloving.

The main ones that are fueling the hatred
of Christians in this nation are the liberal
media and the Democratic Party. They
have made a covenant with death, and
are sold out to the homosexual agenda,
and abortion.

2016/6/14 11:35Profile

Re:

It is true Mike, the main persecutors of Christians will come from within Christendom. We shall be counted with the transgressors no doubt, it wont be pretty..........bro Frank

2016/6/14 12:40
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

The sad truth is that the American church is wretched, poor, miserable, blind and naked. What is a prophet to a people in such a state? Is a prophet a voice of hope, a voice of warning or a voice of judgment? Yes, yes and yes.

The prophetic gospel of Jesus is a voice of hope. It is not the milquetoast voice of hope of the church growth/seeker-friendly/engage-the-culture movements. The prophetic hope of the gospel is found in this message: repent or perish. A people whose eyes and ears are opened and their hearts awakened to their peril are the only ones who respond to it as a message of hope. To everyone else, it remains nonsense.

The prophetic gospel of Jesus is a voice of warning. The prophetic alarm of the gospel is found in this message: God commands all men everywhere to repent, and Jesus is coming soon. A people whose eyes and ears are opened and their hearts awakened to the reality of these truths are the only ones who will flee the wrath to come. To everyone else, it remains nonsense.

The prophetic judgment of Jesus is a voice of accounting. The prophetic judgment of the gospel is found in this message: Behold, I come quickly, my reward is with me, to give every man according to what they have done. A people whose eyes and ears are NOT opened and their hearts NOT awakened to the reality of His judgment will account for their rejection of the prophetic gospel.

When Judah rejected God in the Old Testament, a time arrived where the tender mercies of God yielded to the inescapable consequences He pronounced in advance. There was a lag between the pronouncement and the realization of consequence, and there was no particularized offer of hope in that time. Jeremiah 6:13-19.

What gospel is this, then? The gospel of bottled water and donated blood? The gospel of condolences and references to prayer? No. This is the gospel of salvation. There is no salvation without the righteousness of God being realized upon the earth. He has invited to it with mercy and tenderness. He will impose it without pity. He will superimpose Himself in power.

How long will we pretend we are being merciful when we speak to the lost in terms of their pains and hurts and brokenness, but not in terms of their lostness? If you encounter a lost child in the deep forest and give him a bottle of water and loaf of bread but not directions to safety and not showing him how to walk on it, you have not been merciful to that child. You've killed him. He will starve, lost still. All your mercies did was create an illusion of love, an illusion of security, an extension of time to die. The American church on its best day is such a person.

The prophetic gospel is the only gospel left. Better for us and that lost child that he be whisked from the forest to the arms of loving help and then to die right away than to live another hour in the delusion of life when death is on the doorstep. The American church peddles a delusion of life. The prophetic gospel is the only gospel left.

2016/6/14 14:09Profile
Jasmine

Re:

Wait just a minute here, where did I say to NOT preach the gospel? Please don't make that kind of assumption about my initial post. I said nothing of the kind. Now you can talk about the need for prophets all you want but it doesn't change the fact that there are people who say they are Christians (and not just the Westboro Baptist people) who are rejoicing that people were murdered. Some of you may not want to confront that kind of misrepresentation of God but that's what I'm talking about. It's not a false narrative. It's very real. I'm talking about real Christians being persecuted for the misrepresentation of God by those who say they are Christians. It's a case of will the real Jesus please stand up? So yes I do question this coming “persecution” as to whether it's for the real Gospel of Jesus Christ or the misrepresentation of Him? You can get mad but it's a real concern I have because I've seen and experienced that misrepresentation of God and it's no joke. I also don't know why there always seems to be these false dichotomies. If Christians are giving blood then they're not preaching the gospel? Do you really know that to be true? Why can't they do both? Can Christians have compassion or should we just turn to stone? Why does it have to be either/or. Is “and” ever applicable?

2016/6/14 15:06Profile

Re:

Jasmine, I am not mad sister,nor is Tim mad, just disagreeing with how you addressed the issue. Like I said, if you want to call out Westboro Baptists and other crazy people who would rejoice in the death of others,thats fine but there has never been a single individual on SI in all the years I have been on here who would be in that category. There is persecution coming for the genuine saints in the west and it is already unfolding. Will people like Westboro Baptists make it worse for genuine saints? Yes indeed as we shall all be tarred by the same brush because there is already so much Christophobia in this country, especially among the lbgt community.

For years myself and others on SI have written about the false representation of genuine Christianity by mere professors rather than disciples of Jesus. Nothing new here, just simply the unfolding of what many saints have seen coming for years............bro Frank

2016/6/14 15:36

Re:

TMK,
First off - Dollar & Hinn are not prophets or worse are false ones. Let's get that out there right away. 2nd, I believe (am fully convinced actually) God has been sending out MANY nameless, faceless prophetic voices in each locale for over 1.5 decades, & the church in a very majorities sense has rejected, or worse ignored & even scoffed at (apathy is worse than hatred in some things) such voices during this time. And "how do they know who to listen to?" Scripture is clear His sheep hear His voice, & if His voice is being resonated by the spirit of prophecy through his servants, then His sheep who are attentive, listening, with oil in their lamps will hear it. I think on a more "publicly known" basis of things like Paul Washer's warnings (prophetic) of coming judgement &/or persecution (& David Wilkerson, Carter Conlon, Franklin Graham, TD Hale, Rick Wiles, Henry Gruver, Dimitri Dudaman, John Paul Jackson, Brian Long, Dean Odle, & COUNTLESS others), but also lesser known of the school of the prophets who have spoken to individuals and congregations, but have been scoffed at, ignored, not heeded, etc.

And make NO mistake, there have been many prophetic voices to hear (both true and false sure), but again the question is who is listening by the Spirit?
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/6/14 15:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy