SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Orlando Shootings: Is it Hate/Terrorism or Judgment?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Orlando Shootings: Is it Hate/Terrorism or Judgment?

The news is reporting this tragic incident as being a hate crime and/or terrorism on what little I have heard. I see these incidents as a form of judgement from God and not just coincidence. As the country is rallying to unite, there is no mention of the sinful lifestyle that the bible clearly condemns as sin and our nations need to repent.

As they unite its as if they are uniting to fight against God and missing what is really behind Gods hedge of protection being removed.

One of the Mayors mentioned a scripture about people reaping what they sow and had to print a retraction because people cannot call sin, sin.

I am finding more and more people are absolutely afraid to say what is really going on when things like this happen.

When the towers went down in 2001 both Pat Robertson and Oral Roberts said it was judgement but then later caved in to the outcry of the people and had to retract their statements as well.

Is this what most Christians believe? Are Christians afraid to call evil evil?

As with most subjects like this on SI I guess I have to mention the caveats.

I do not hate homosexuals, their sin is no different than any other sins mentioned in the bible. When I have ministered to homosexuals I use the law and I do not mention their lifestyle until they do and I let them know that their lifestyle is only a symptom of a much bigger problem.

But the truth is practicing homosexuals are not going to heaven. I also know that when destruction comes upon those who mock God and His commandments and continue to reject the conviction of the Holy Spirit as well as that of their own conscience's that when their destruction comes it will come suddenly and without the opportunity to repent.

Based on what I have heard from the media on what has happened makes me sick to my stomach because nobody, and I mean nobody is speaking the truth. These events whether its a high school, elementary school, movie theater, mall, airport, etc.. are warning signs, wake up calls, or "Hello people! I am trying to get your attention here"

As it was in the day of Stephen, I can see people literally hanging you from a tree if you so much as mention that sin is sin and will one day be punished by God.

Its events like this that really shows how far America has fallen and may very well be beyond any hope of redemption. Her pride and arrogance is a stench in Gods nostrils.

2016/6/13 12:04Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Orlando Shootings: Is it Hate/Terrorism or Judgment?

I condemn this barbaric act of violence, too. Unfortunately
this tragedy will just further the cause of the LGBT movement. and distract from the real problems that they impose on the rest of society.

2016/6/13 13:26Profile

HI David, there is, without a doubt, a spirit of intimidation that stalks the land. It has all but silenced Christians of every stripe. It is a bold swaggering spirit not unlike Goliath as he poured scorn on God's people. There has to be the Spirit in us that was the same Spirit in a young shepherd boy. We must not be silenced. And I am not talking about any one sin, I am talking about the fundamentals of our faith. This is a fact, there is only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus. The swaggering spirit is trying to shut that truth down. People do go to hell if they reject Jesus. This has been all but shut down and is just a step away from being considered hate speech.

The answer in this dark day is the same answer. We need to be baptized in the Holy Spirit that enables us to be bold and unashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation. Can we see the connection between un-ashamedness and power? One goes along woth the other and of course the reverse is true. There will be no power of the Holy Spirit in your speech if you are ashamed of the Gospel or the name of Jesus. If we are ashamed of the name of Jesus before this wicked and adulteress generation then the Lord will be ashamed of us before His Father in heaven. This should cause us to tremble.........bro Frank

2016/6/13 13:30

this was a deep state op from start to finish.

it serves two purposes, keep the fear of islam high, cast gay folks as victims, and gives ammo to those who would do away with the 2nd amendment.

even asking the question "is this divine judgement".....on this website is ill advised, sometimes its best to still one's keyboard....and with that I am now off to the ER, with severe chestpains, just like I had in Feb 16, when they roto rootered one of my ateries and stented it.....how can I type this then.....two nitro pills, if I go to be with the Lord, remember me with love....or not, neil

2016/6/13 13:38
Sree

Re:

This is definitely not God's judgment. It is a clever plan of Devil to suppress the truth. Now anyone who proclaims God's word against Homosexuality will be seen as the hate guy. This could be the start of persecution to true Christians who are already few in number in this nation.

2016/6/13 13:53Profile
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Re:

I keep thinking about the scenario that Bro. Frank posted a few months ago about a possible scenario that would precipitate persecution of Christians. This could be used as a springboard to enact stiffer penalties against "religious extremism".

I also agree that we need to fear God more than man. More of the fear of the Lord is something I have been asking for, with trembling. May the Lord baptize us afresh with the Holy Spirit to boldly proclaim the Gospel.

2016/6/13 14:06Profile
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Re: Brother Neil

I will be praying for you, brother. The Lord may not be done with you yet.

2016/6/13 14:10Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Thanks for the replies brothers and for the words of wisdom and truth as there is much to ponder and consider here.

Regardless, I believe the severity of these events are going to continue to increase and also see deepening persecution on the horizon. Frank you are right about the Holy Spirit and as those whom are anointed to preach the truth will definitely suffer persecution and yet I see revival somewhere in all of this.

Neil, praying for you brother and trusting the Lord for a good report.

2016/6/13 14:16Profile

Re:

Quote:
by neilgin1 on 2016/6/13 13:38:01

this was a deep state op from start to finish.

it serves two purposes, keep the fear of islam high, cast gay folks as victims, and gives ammo to those who would do away with the 2nd amendment.

even asking the question "is this divine judgement".....on this website is ill advised, sometimes its best to still one's keyboard....and with that I am now off to the ER, with severe chestpains, just like I had in Feb 16, when they roto rootered one of my ateries and stented it.....how can I type this then.....two nitro pills, if I go to be with the Lord, remember me with love....or not, neil

I thought about a "deep state op", also. Can't trust anything these days that I don't see with my own two eyes are a very good friend has seen.

liberal news is only talking about the 2nd amendment, and shooter worked for global security company contracted by DHS after having been investigated twice by FBI.

Very few pics from people's phones of the scene. Lots of questions.

Praying you feel better and the ER clears you.

People want to trade freedom for security.

The Christian Church is suffering from a massive dose of Stockholm Syndrome. They are paralyzed and will accept everything that is coming their way.

2016/6/13 14:26
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Well said Renee, I am right there beside you on that. As a result of your statement I also see these events causing many people to run to and to run from the cross of Christ.

2016/6/13 14:27Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy