SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Evangelism in your city

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Evangelism in your city

It’s been a long time since I’ve been here in the forum, but I have a question and I’m hopeful that I can benefit from the experience of others. I coordinate my church's local evangelism outreach in my city. Currently our outreach consists of passing out tracts, one-on-one evangelism, and sometimes open air preaching at the following:

Our local downtown bar scene each weekend

Outdoor festivals (most festivals are scheduled for spring and fall because our summers are unbearably hot)

College sporting events (for several of the bigger football games we will do a tailgate event)

Neighborhood block parties (haven’t done many of these because they require lots of people and planning, but this is primarily a children’s outreach)

I would be very interested to know what others are doing related to evangelistic outreach.

2016/6/9 15:53Profile

Re: Evangelism in your city

Something that has been a blessing that we have started doing is open air preaching at the same Kroger grocery store parking lot regularly. Most grocery stores have public sidewalks near them. We use a half mile hailer and the sound bounces off the building and fills the whole area. Many grocery stores have gas stations so there is a good captive audience as people are filling up and loading their groceries. Many have approached us for prayer and thank us for ministering.

Our city has a location at the old courthouse downtown that is open for anyone to reserve. The homosexual community uses it for their pride festival and it is also the national day of prayer location for Dayton. We rented it last Halloween and preached the Gospel, prayed for revival, shared testimonies, and sang worship songs on a PA system for 4 hours.

God is Good!

2016/6/9 17:55
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Thanks Judah! That's a great idea. Have you had any trouble from the grocery store trying to stop you? And how do you know if the sidewalk is public property or belongs to the store?

Anyone else?

2016/6/9 23:29Profile

Re:

Any sidewalks next to main roads are usually public. I have had the managers come out and tell me to leave but I respectfully decline and let them know I'm on public property. There was a security guard for the store who was a believer that would come out and give us water and encourage us to keep preaching. Last time we went out an officer drove by and gave us thumbs up. The store we preach at is in a high crime drug area.

2016/6/10 10:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy