SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Kingdom of God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

The Kingdom of God

In an other thread Elibeth shared about how God revealed her the truth about the kingdom of God. That for some reason made me happy.
There are so many verses in the bible about the kingdom of god.
It would be interesting to see your thoughts about this topic, I think it would encourage many.
Primarily I am not looking for theological debate, or something learned only by the mind, but rather what God revealed you from the scriptures.

2016/6/6 17:26

Re: The Kingdom of God

This will be an enlightening study. Looking forward to sharing at the end of the week.

2016/6/6 22:06
Elibeth

Tozsu,

I really appreciate your interest in this.My interest too,for quite some yrs.
And much has flowed from this revelation.
I pray He will reveal it to others.

For me,the kingdom of God,was the most important subject that
He could have ever revealed to me.

So around this,The Word flows together.

I thank God,

I am so busy in my every day obligations,but ai look forward to this
communion.

Elizabeth

2016/6/6 23:19Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

I am looking forward to what the brothers and sisters on this forum have to say on the Kingdom of God.

After all, this is primarily what is in view from God's perspective and from the Word of God.

The Lord has commanded us to "seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness." This should be our first priority as believers that have been delivered from the Kingdom of darkness and translated into the Kingdom of God's dear Son."

Jesus in teaching His disciples how to pray said to pray"
"Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)

"For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." (Romans 14:17).

"strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said." (Acts 14:22).

"nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst." (Luke 17:21).

2016/6/7 9:54Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

How do we know if we are seeking the Kingdom of God first both individually and those that have been called in ministry?

As believers we have been called to be disciples of Jesus, and that means that we must deny self, take up the cross, and follow the Lord. This means that Jesus Christ has to not only be savior of our lives but He must be Lord of all. The Lord must be in control, and we must surrender all to Him. The Lordship of Jesus Christ is an absolute for all that want to seek first the Kingdom of God.

For those that are called to a ministry such as a pastor of a church, those that are seeking the Kingdom of God will seek to know the will of God, and to see things through His eyes and with His viewpoint.

The ministry is not about what is in it for us, but what does the Lord want? It is not about how big of a church that we can build with a large congregation, but how much are we advancing the Kingdom of God in our locality, and even throughout the world. God is seeing the whole picture, and sometimes we can be so short sighted that we are looking at things through a microscope instead of being seated together with Christ in heavenly places, and viewing things from His perspective, seeking His heart, and bringing about His Kingdom purposes into the earth.

2016/6/7 15:59Profile

Re:

Good question, Mike. How do we know if we are building the Kingdom of God or building our own kingdom? Even if we were initially called by God and not ourselves, what is our constant gauge that keeps us building His kingdom without falling in the ditch and starting to build our own? I have some thoughts, but would like to let others weigh in.

2016/6/7 16:33

Re:

Yes the invisible, ethereal, ghost-like, nebulous, vapor like kingdom that arrived in 70 Ad with an invible spirit being called jesus.

2016/6/7 16:38
dohzman

Please explain your statement

What exactly are you saying? here? Could you please clarify your statements and place them in context?

To the rest, the Kingdom of God does not need to be built, it exists already and we are called as His ambassadors, we live by the laws that govern that kingdom here and now and we apply its principles and proclaim its message and judgements in this life. To do otherwise is to walk in darkness.

2016/6/7 19:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Please explain your statement

Here is the outline of the first of several lectures on the KOG

http://www.digitalministries.us/steve_gregg/text/kingdom_of_god-2007/1-kingdom_lectures_1-4.ppt

2016/6/7 20:41Profile

Re: Please explain your statement

Dohzman,

You are absolutely correct! I was thinking about the church as men calling themselves into ministry or calling other men into ministry and building upon the wrong foundation.

Thank you for that correction.

1 Corinthians 3:9-15
For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

2016/6/7 20:50

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy