SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Man alive. How did I ever get along with five?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
by Tozsu on 2016/6/3 2:21:33

Julius said:
"Today, Christ uses us as His living epistles"
I don't think we are epistles. Epistles are the letters written by the apostles. These belong to the foundation. We are the building but not the foundation.
To best preserve the original information even in modern offices they use a master copy carefully kept in a file cabinet and that is what's copied when they need new copies. They do not copy from copies because that would distort the information. The the books of NT are like this master copy. God preserved the historical record and teaching of Jesus to which all the believers throughout the ages can be directed. This is essential for our life not a wonderful addition.
It is not in the making but finished.

Hi Tozsu,

I was simply referring to the fact that our lives "are living epistles", a metaphor that Paul was referring to.

2Cor 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

I think I am losing track of what the core subject is here. I am reading things from you and Brenda that I agree with. What is the current disagreement?

2016/6/3 12:42

Re:

Quote:
by brothagary on 2016/6/3 10:05:17

Paul said were given to show us and convict us of sin ,,,,Jesus was great at doing it to in his preaching ,,,be perfect as God your father is perfect ,,,,,,,,try living up to that standard ,,,,,,,, well Jesus did ,he fullfilled the law ,the first and last that wlill perfectly do it , tho we try ,we fall short ,it humbles us keep Christs on the throun and us at his feet where we belong at this day and age ......

Gary, you try to fulfill the law? Why? You are fallen from grace if you try to fulfill the law because in making the law your focus you are trying to live by it instead of Christ. Not being able to follow the law is not what is supposed to humble us. Even if you could obey the law perfectly, it will never justify you in God's eyes.

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith WITHOUT THE DEEDS OF THE LAW.

The righteousness of God is completely APART from the LAW. It is JESUS CHRIST.

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Christ is our righteousness. You are called to walk by faith which worketh by love.

1 Cor 1:30 But of him are ye in CHRIST JESUS, who of God IS MADE UNTO US wisdom, and RIGHTEOUSNESS, and sanctification, and redemption:

The righteousness of the law will only be fulfilled in you as you walk after the Spirit.
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Many think "walking after the Spirit", means they are focused on keeping the law. That is not what Romans 8:4 is saying and many don't understand what "walking after the Spirit", means.

2016/6/3 12:56
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: The Law...

Haven't read all the posts but caught the gist of it, I think :)

Paul says in Galatians (speaking as a JEW brought up and taught in the Law) that the Law was our tutor (not IS our tutor) but WAS our tutor to direct us to Christ.

Now Christ has come, has died, has risen and is alive in us, His people, through the gift of the Holy Spirit (Christ IN us the hope of glory)

Stand firm in the Freedom with which He has set us free!
Believe on Jesus, preach Jesus, keep Jesus central and no one will be confused.

God bless,

2016/6/6 2:16Profile
brothagary

Re:

Brenda the only reson why i ask that is because at those times we fall we are not loving the lord perfectly ,,, and you said we hate god if we dont love him perfectly ,so it must mean you hate god some times ........

2016/6/6 4:36Profile
brothagary

Re:

Julius i cant fulfill the law ,only jesus can ,,you try it. I bet you cant .

I was quoting jesus words when he said be perfect as your father is perfect ,these words word not ment to be fulfilled by us ,but to convict and humble us..

Save all your quotation mfrom pauls wrings,im well aware of what that means

The question is what are you going to do with what jesus said ,when he said be perfect like god ......,, Do you think you can be percty like god all the time like jesus was ,,,why would jesus say that

2016/6/6 4:43Profile

Re:

Gary

For a long time after l came to Christ l struggled with sin, the worst one being anger. I don't mean that l did anything wrong when l felt angry, but it would wash over me whenever anyone did something bad to me and the scriptures said that if l am angry with someone l hate them.

The scriptures speak this way and are black and white over such things. After a few very upsetting circumstances and lack of answer to desperate prayers, yes, l admitted that there was anger and disappointment towards God that l felt ashamed of and did not want to admit.

It stemmed from the childhood abuse l had experienced but it brought me to my knees in deep repentance when God showed me that He had paid a great price for me and had the right to bring anything in my life that He chose even though it made no sense.

Since that day l have never felt any negativity towards God as He showed me the key to overcoming and by doing so healed many deep hurts so that l could trust Him entirely.

He shed the love of God n my heart and after that l loved Him with all my heart soul and mind and it has caused countless relational problems when family know l am entirely devoted to Him, when they want to come first even if they never put me above their interests. A Satan thing no doubt.

But the scriptures are clear that if we do not love Him passionately like this, and only respect or fear Him then we hate Him.

2016/6/6 4:57
brothagary

Re:

Brenda so are you saying you dont sin at all any more ,scince that time ,in though word or deed ,,im not sure is that what your saying that your sinless ...

2016/6/6 5:03Profile
brothagary

Re:

If so you are say all of the christian on this sight hate god ,except you ?

And also most of the great saints ,like wilkinson,tozer ,whifield edwards spurgen ,all hated god with you being the execption ??

2016/6/6 5:10Profile

Re:

Gary l do not believe in sinless perfection meaning that one can never sin again after being saved or we are not Christians. We are always just one step away from falling. I do believe that we can chose whether to sin of not but require the power of God and the blood of Christ constantly cleansing us from sin, to remain in Him by faith in the finished work on the Cross and crucifixion with Him.

I have walked in the flesh and walked in the Spirit at various times. It is not a matter of believing certain doctrines or fooling myself when l am sinning in thought word or deed.

2016/6/6 5:12

Re:

No l am not saying that. There have been countless saints who have done so.

2016/6/6 5:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy