SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : An Anonymous Brother’s Appeal to Pro-Life Advocates

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

An Anonymous Brother’s Appeal to Pro-Life Advocates

Dear Christian,

I write to you as a friend and with much thought. I do not write this to you as a rant, but in a place to reason with you in peace and tranquility. I understand that you care about life and want to end abortion. With your good intentions, you may have wanted to make abortion illegal in your nation. However, in a fallen world we can never achieve such perfection and can only work for a greater good.

If a mother is dying because of a miscarriage or the fetus is poisoning her from the inside, it would be best to save the mother's life through the abortion. I mean the baby was going to die anyways.

If a woman became pregnant through rape, try to reason with her that the baby is worth having; that the baby is precious. But, do not heap guilt on her if she does go through with an abortion. Show her grace. As men, we have no idea the level of trauma a lady goes through after a sexual assault. You will only drive her to suicide if all you do is preach at her. Remember who our Lord is to the broken, “A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoldering wick He will not put out, until He brings justice to victory.” (Isaiah 42:3, Matthew 12:20) Be gentle with her, my brother, just as Christ was gentle with you when He first found you.

If a woman is living in a poor neighbourhood and is struggling to pay her bills, you can tell her to have the child, but only if you are willing to help her out financially. I have seen Pro-Life advocates standing on the sidelines protesting against abortion, but does not offer a hand to help a mother who is in financial ruins. Sure, she may have been responsible for having sex (pre-martial or post-marital) and got pregnant as a result. But, it does not mean we cannot show any grace at all and offer a hand to help. If you try to help with your mouth but not with your hands, you only make a woman feel shame for her past and you are nothing more than a noisy gong and a clanging cymbal (1 Corinthians 13). Preaching righteousness without acting in love only fuels the hypocrisy that is already prevalent in our churches and will only give more reason for unbelievers to turn away from Christ (James 2). We have all made bad choices in our lives, and yet Christ was still willing to pick us up and dust us off with His hose and blowdryer (Romans 3:23-26). Cleaned us up and made us new. He did not cross His arms and left us hanging for dead when we came to Him (Psalm 51, Matthew 11:28-30, Ephesians 2:1-9). Can we not then be His arms and feet for a mother who is considering an abortion?

My brother, I think we are very legalistic in our approach with Pro-Life issues than we are gracious. I think we can do better in fighting for the life of an unborn baby without “neglecting the weightier matters of the law - justice and mercy and faithfulness!” (Matthew 23:23) Let us not forget that those were the words of Jesus to the Pharisees!

Please do not misunderstand me, my brother. Truly, I am for the life of an unborn child. We can hold signs that read, "Choose Life" or "Protect Life". But, if our mindset is to neglect the life of the mother and the right to life is only reserved for a baby, then we're really hypocrites when we say we are Pro-Life. We can only do our best in making this world a better place. We are not here to make heaven on earth or to establish a Theonomic society where the Law of Moses rules the land. Some people reject that heavenly vision, as ironic as that sounds. Not everybody is a Christian. You only inflame the problems with your proposal to make a theocracy. Not everyone will agree with you. It is only when Christ Himself comes back that He will restore everything to His original purpose in which His Tree of Life puts an end to death.

Do your best to make your world a righteous place, but do not expect there to be no compromise. You can try to establish God’s absolute standard, but it will never work in a fallen world. There is only a greater good to help.

Your Brother in Christ,

- Anonymous

2016/6/1 16:28Profile
dohzman

Re: An Anonymous Brother’s Appeal to Pro-Life Advocates

Dear Brother Anonymous I completely understand much of what you have penned down here how ever you have fallen into the worlds reasoning on an issue about life and death and have really chosen to site fringe issues which the Liberals in America use to divide. The vast majority of abortions are really just Convenience killings, plain and simple. As to the Christian community reaching out to mothers who can not help them selves due to circumstances of say poverty or what ever, I know of several Christian churches and organizations that actively today help in real tangible help and there are Christian couples willing to adopt these precious lives should a woman so chose to go that route. Your whole argument places an unfair judgement on the many Christians at the expense of an outside view that is often passed on to the Christian Community by those lukewarm religious liberals who them selves barely lift a finger to so much as become the answer they seek. I so much appreciate the story in 2Samuel on the death of an infant King David fathered and prayed for with the outcome being that God took the child and David was surrendered to the will of God, how ever in the process he did all he could. Medical science has advanced to such a degree that even if an infants system is working against a mothers body there are cures that can be applied to save the life of both. You state rape and incest and crimes of such against the woman, these are perhaps the most heart rending of all cases,if a woman happens to be a Christian, however, how does killing an unborn child show the forgiveness and love of Christ to an unbelieving world and show forth the redemption story on how the Lord can take something so awful and make something so beautiful out of it? To the unsaved in this circumstance, the Law God places in their conscience will ultimately speak to them with grace and mercy offered through Jesus Christ and often time received after the abortion was done.Always in such cases deep sorrow and repentance are the fruit of this and the very action shows exactly what they not only felt but also what God thought AND how Great and Merciful He is , so full of compassion and love that He not only takes them in but He also washes away their shame forgives them, remembers their sin no more and places on them a robe of righteousness and calls them His own dear daughter.

Are we legalistic or is it moralistic? The Law of God is perfect converting the soul and honestly I have never meet a woman who has had an abortion who can honestly say they did not feel the need for forgiveness, why is that brother?
QUOTE:
Do your best to make your world a righteous place, but do not expect there to be no compromise. You can try to establish God’s absolute standard, but it will never work in a fallen world. There is only a greater good to help. END QUOTE

We are Ambassadors of a Heavenly Kingdom calling out of this life those who are destined for eternal hell, who said we were to change society? Not my Bible...We will be light and salt, but our calling is to preach the Kingdom of God! Our citizenship is not of this earth, this is not our home! No we do not belong here!!!This world, the very elements will one day melt away in a fervent heat, no, we do not belong here. Your very arguments are worldly., earthly flawed.

2016/6/1 22:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: An Anonymous Brother’s Appeal to Pro-Life Advocates

I do not know who penned this article, but since Michael posted it here, I am assuming he is taking some responsibility for it, so I will address my comments to him.

For some background - I worked as a volunteer at a crises pregnancy center for many years and have been a witness to to all the situations you described.

1. A fetus causing the mother death.... long before roe v wade women who had a tubal pregnancy and were hemorrhaging because of it, were having the zygote/fetus removed surgically. It is extremely rare that a pregnancy would cause death. (A surgeon in Starkville. MS died while in labor delivering a baby the other day - a full term child. Cause remains unknown at the time.)

2. Conception caused by rape. Yes, I had those cases. The reality is that very few rape victims ever conceive. This excuse is used to bolster the legalization of abortion because of rape. "Rape" is also used to hide consensual sex. But for the woman who truly did conceive via rape you will get mixed opinions by the victims. Some will say it is not the baby's fault; others say they want nothing to do with it. In any case guilt will follow if the child is aborted.

3.Poor women having babies. Most of these are singles fornicating. Period. Never met one who did not admit it was not sin and that she needs to repent, but she wanted to keep sinning and destroy the product of her sin. The cure here is repentance. You can save the baby and it will grow up to repeat the lifestyle of its parents. But people do not want to repent because sin is too much fun! Terrible situation.

4. Financial straits...in the USA pregnant females can have all their medical bills paid for by the gov. As soon as my single pregnant clients left our office they went to activate this aid.

5. The solution to singles having babies is to adopt them out. There are many fine couples wanting to adopt but for most they will refuse because there is a strong sentiment in society against doing so and to a lesser degree to adopt.

6. The problem is SIN and people have no sense of horror of it and the consequences of it.

7. Abortion does not cure the problem of poverty, guilt, emotional distress, or sin. For many they will grieve, others will harden themselves to this guilt and it will go underground and resurface later - up to 20 yrs - as an unrelated emotional/spiritual issue.

8. You do well to read the autobiography of Dr. Bernard Nathanson, "The Hand of God". Dr. Nathanson led the fight to legalize abortion. In time he repented but not before aborting thousands, including his own child.

The kindest thing to do is to warn people of the consequences of abortion hoping they will make a good choice with an unwanted pregnancy.

It should be noted as well that since the legalization of abortion that child abuse has sky rocketed as well as divorces. Abortion led the way to destroy the family and the bond that works to glue a husband and wife together as a unit.

Abortion at its heart is a spiritual issue, caused by SIN. Too many churches have become soft on immorality and have within their ranks many unwed mothers, thus negating any social stigma for single motherhood which results in more singles engaging in fornication....the process never ends. How can one stop this?

This is all I can think of at the moment. Dunno if I will think of something else but have been mulling this issue for some time, thinking of posting a thread concerning it.

I hope you understand: abortion is not a simple solution to a sin issue.

Sandra Miller

2016/6/3 19:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

To enlighten you more on abortion I suggest you check out the video, "The Massacre of Innocence" by Eric Holberg. This will educate you like nothing else will. Eduacating oneself on its procedures, philosophies that drives it will fill you with horror - if you are a sensitive person, that is.

God bless.

Sandra

2016/6/3 20:29Profile
docs

Re: Deeds of convenience

/The vast majority of abortions are really just Convenience killings, plain and simple./

Yes.

/Dear Brother Anonymous I completely understand much of what you have penned down here how ever you have fallen into the worlds reasoning on an issue about life and death and have really chosen to site fringe issues which the Liberals in America use to divide./

Yes.

After reading the article I almost felt a sense of condemnantion that the church and those wanting to help are the guilty party.

2016/6/4 8:59Profile
dohzman

Re:

Quote:After reading the article I almost felt a sense of condemnation that the church and those wanting to help are the guilty party.

I felt the same Brother, even though I know better.

2016/6/4 17:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy