SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The rapture before WWIII, a prophecy that has come true from 1968!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Re:

Todd you are one cranky Christian!

I will see Jesus face to face and very soon! Before knowing about this prediction I knew that the rapture was coming up shortly.

I study the signs. There is no pause button God is gonna push. I am sure of that.

You all are looking for a revival instead of rapture. Revival yes, no, maybe? Doesnt matter either way. Does the Bible say there will be a brighter than ever revival before the tribulation? NO! The Bible says there will be apostacy.

Apostasy could not be more opposite to revival in the church. You think beating a dead horse is gonna work? Neigh!

2016/6/1 14:09Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: The rapture before WWIII, a prophecy that has come true from 1968!!

I do not mean to be a naysayer but I must! Numbers 1, 2, & 3 are ALL in the Bible. Nothing new.

Now #4, states that "there was no immigration in 1968." Yes, there was immigration in Europe even when the man says the dream was given.

The woman in question never wrote down what SHE dreamed or saw, it was someone else and then it sat in a drawer for 30 years. We are essentially taking this man's word about a little old Godly woman who had a vision.

The whole thing is suspect in my book.

2016/6/1 14:38Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Haha Linda- I can see where you got that from my posts. I'm not cranky- most everyone who knows me would affirm that-

But I do have a healthy dose of skepticism for date setters and alarmists- especially date setters and alarmist who are paid handsomely for their prognostications. And doing some reading on this guy who "wrote down" this prophecy causes me to second Lysa's motion.

I agree there will be a rapture- but there will only be one when Jesus returns and He's only returning once. When that may be is entirely up to God and He and only He has the slightest inkling of when that will be. It might be 10,000,000 years from now for all we know. We could see 500 cycles of revival and apostasy before He returns. How can we really know? The apostles thought he was coming "soon." They were sorely disappointed.

2016/6/1 14:56Profile
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Re:

Good point.

What proof that this was from 1968. It could have been written last week. True.

P.S. I am out of here by the 10th. That is my internet shut off. Yay! Then Ill no longer look for news or this or that. It is a compulsion the internet. Good riddance!

2016/6/1 15:01Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

I've learned to take modern day prophecies, dreams, visions, mysteries, "words from the Lord", and every manner of extra-biblical signs with a grain of salt, BUT prayerfully.

Just as some are quick to believe they're real, others (even Christians) are even more quick to shout, "Fake!" My question to people on both sides is this: Have you researched it at all to back up what you think? Or is it just exactly that... what YOU think, based on YOUR feelings after just hearing it?

I've been aware of the 1968 Valdres Prophecy for six or seven years. It's hardly far-fetched or unbelievable by any means. I find it quite reasonable. An old woman was telling a visiting evangelist about a dream she had and he found it fascinating or prudent to write down.

The last part says (the old woman to the evangelist): "I am so glad that I will not see it, but when the time draws near, you must take courage and tell this. I have received it from God, and nothing of it goes against what the Bible tells. The one who has his sin forgiven and has Jesus as Savior and Lord, is safe."

I see nothing wrong there.

And that's how I take the prophecy, whether real or not. My first litmus test is this: Does it point people to Jesus? If no, I move on content that it's sensationalism. If it does point people to Jesus, I'll listen further.

And dear naysayer Lysa, #1, #2, and #3 may be found in the Bible (proving that this prophecy isn't UN-scriptural) but the details given are not in the Bible. You ARE correct about the comment you referred to in #4, BUT that comment was said by the evangelist, not the old woman. So, you can't hold that against the prophecy. And just because SHE didn't write it down, but told it to someone else who did, also doesn't negate the validity of the prophecy. Why would it? Even the disciples used scribes. The woman was (supposedly) 90 years old, after all.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying it's true. And I'm not saying it isn't. What I AM saying is that I don't think it's wise to immediately accept OR dismiss such things without prayer and a little research of your own. Discernment is easier on the crackpot cases, but when they DON'T violate scripture and they DO point people to Jesus, it's just wise to consider them.

What I took away from the prophecy is this: I don't know if the story of it is true or not. There's no way of proving it. So, what's the takeaway? The very last line:

"The one who has his sin forgiven and has Jesus as Savior and Lord, is safe."

P.S. To get it off my chest, I don't like or respect Charisma. They stand for nothing specific, cater to many, and err often. Their penchant for entertainment and celebrity gossip is horrible. In my opinion, for the most part, they are tabloid journalism with a religious bent.

2016/6/1 22:22Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

Todd,

Quote:
But I do have a healthy dose of skepticism for date setters and alarmists- especially date setters and alarmist who are paid handsomely for their prognostications. And doing some reading on this guy who "wrote down" this prophecy causes me to second Lysa's motion.

1. There was no date setting in this prophecy.

2. How do you define "alarmist"? The Bible's description of the last days before Christ's return is pretty alarming stuff, so I can't help but wonder what would make a person today who talks about the last days an alarmist. Doomsday Preppers who want bunkers, a cache of all kinds of weapons to use on anyone who dares come near their 10 year supply of food is my definition of an alarmist.

3. I agree with your skepticism of those who are paid, handsomely or not. Freely they received, freely they should give. I'm also weary of date setters, HOWEVER we ARE commanded to watch for the signs of the times. And we ARE to recognize the season of His return. I've seen these obedient brothers and sisters get lumped in with the date setters and it's NOT right.

4. What research did you find on evangelist Emanuel Minos? I'm very good at researching but I haven't found much on him. The only negative things I've found come from bloggers who feel it's their job to "expose" everyone. I also research the sources of the information I find. I'd be very interested in reading your sources.

Quote:
I agree there will be a rapture- but there will only be one when Jesus returns and He's only returning once. When that may be is entirely up to God and He and only He has the slightest inkling of when that will be. It might be 10,000,000 years from now for all we know. We could see 500 cycles of revival and apostasy before He returns. How can we really know? The apostles thought he was coming "soon." They were sorely disappointed.

Forgive my bluntness, but I don't think using extremes is helpful or kind because, in truth, if people were honest, they're actually veiled insults.

2016/6/1 22:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi Keith-

I appreciate your questions and comments. As to your questions--

1. Well, not an actual date- but a definite placement in time (right before WW3- whatever that is and assuming there will be a WW3)
2. Alarmist to me is someone who tries to scare people for some personal gain, be it money or attention. It is also a person who sees Armageddon in every headline.
3. The apostles, who knew Jesus best and heard Him directly, thought he was returning in their lifetimes. If they were unable to accurately recognize the “signs of the times,” how are we supposed to? The best we can do is guess. WW2 would have seemed to be a “sign of the times”- more so than everything before or since. Yet here we still are, trying to determine the “signs of the times.” I think it would be more fruitful to concentrate on our relationship with the Lord.
4. I probably found the same sources you did. What I read bothered me; if it didn’t bother you I’m okay with that!
In regard to portion of my post you quoted, I have re-read it several times and I do not see where anything I said might not be true. Do I really think humans will still be on this same earth 10,000,000 years from now? (I am not talking about the “New Earth”). I doubt it, but we might be.

I really intended no insult but I was using exaggeration to make a point.

2016/6/2 7:47Profile

Re:

Todd writes.........

"The apostles thought he was coming "soon." They were sorely disappointed."

Not really interested getting into it as I do not believe in a pre-trib rapture. to me it's American escapism at it's worse and in my opinion has zero scriptural basis if context means anything. I would like to point out that the above statement was really just made up. They were sorely disappointed??? Todd, on what basis do you make that statement?. Do you have some extra-biblical insight that I am unaware of?..........bro Frank

2016/6/2 8:50
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

From Wikipedia:
"In rhetoric, a rhetorical device or resource of language is a technique that an author or speaker uses to convey to the listener or reader a meaning with the goal of persuading him or her towards considering a topic from a different perspective, using sentences designed to encourage or provoke a rational argument from an emotional display of a given perspective or action. Note that although rhetorical devices may be used to evoke an emotional response in the audience, this is not their primary purpose."

A good rule of thumb when reading my posts is that if I say something outrageous or ridiculous I am probably using a rhetorical device.

You are certainly correct that scripture doesn't specifically state the apostles were sorely disappointed as time passed and Jesus did not return. Assuming they longed to see him again face to face, it would not be too much of a stretch to assume they had some disappointment. Not saying they lost faith or anything like that.

2016/6/2 9:03Profile

Re:

They weren't disappointed, Jesus Christ was with them everyday. He was IN them!

Do you walk around disappointed everyday?

Look at all the times that Paul talked about rejoicing. A "disappointed" man does not talk about rejoicing. Paul also talked about the reality of the presence of Christ in one's life. That is why He was not disappointed.

Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

2016/6/2 9:04

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy