SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama Declares June "LGBT Pride Month" Americans to "Celebrate Diversity"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Obama Declares June "LGBT Pride Month" Americans to "Celebrate Diversity"

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2016 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. I call upon the people of the United States to eliminate prejudice everywhere it exists, and to celebrate the great diversity of the American people.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirty-first day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand sixteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and fortieth.

read more: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/05/31/presidential-proclamation-lgbt-pride-month-2016

2016/6/1 5:21Profile

Psalm 37

Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong;
For like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants the will soon die away.

The whole psalm speaks to the one who trusts in God.

In 1985 when I lived in Germany I was praying for a gathering of believers in Bertschesgsten. ( This is the place Hitler and evil had taken over. He had finished his book Mein Kamph while staying at the hotel we were having a Christian conference in. )

As I prayer walked around this beautiful area, I came upon bunkers as well as the ruined foundations of Hitler's house. Because I had recently toured a concentration camp and been steeped in the history of the Third Reich, I was really frightened and scared by the powers of darkness. It was an overwhelming helplessness.

Then I sat on the grass and placed my Bible on the ground. The Lord had me stop on Psalm 37. This was the most comforting word to those overwhelmed by evil.

Suddenly, I was able to breathe and see that the wicked and ruthless man flourishing like a green tree in its native soil had passed away and was no more; though I looked for him, he could not be found.

A group of American and German Christians were worshipping Almighty God that weekend, lifting up our God whose Word is true and "for this purpose was the Son of God manifest: to destroy the works of the evil one.

I also came upon a rather obscure but powerful little stone in the courtyard, erected by Basilea Schlink and the little sisters of Canaan. I can't remember the scripture but it was in line with Psalm 37, that those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.

Whenever we read that evil is flourishing, of course we must pray, we must do what God calls us to do, but we need never lose heart or give up for our mighty God is our Rock, our Shield, our Buckler, our Hiding Place and our Help in trouble.

The Lord will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever.

Sis L

2016/6/1 11:12
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Psalm 37

Deuteronomy 22:5 New International Version (NIV)

5 A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.

1 Kings 11:33 New International Version (NIV)

33 I will do this because they have[a] forsaken me and worshiped Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, Chemosh the god of the Moabites, and Molek the god of the Ammonites, and have not walked in obedience to me, nor done what is right in my eyes, nor kept my decrees and laws as David, Solomon’s father, did.

Jeremiah 15:6 New International Version (NIV)

6 You have rejected me,” declares the Lord.
“You keep on backsliding.
So I will reach out and destroy you;
I am tired of holding back.

2016/6/1 11:40Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

He acknowledged "our Lord" in the proclamation. Shivers, brothers and sisters. Shivers.

2016/6/1 11:55Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Psalm 37

Sister L,

Thank you so much for sharing this post.
I have been deeply grieved over Obama's
presidency, knowing that he is a
unrighteousness man that has been elected
by an unrighteousness people. The same
scriptures that you quoted from were brought
to my remembrance some time back, as
well as Psalm 2.

"Why do the heathern rage and the people
imagine a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and
the rulers take counsel together, against the
Lord, and against his anointed, saying,