SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Romans 5:10

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sree

Romans 5:10

Quote:

Romans 5:10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved [f]by His life.

I see this scripture as it talks about a salvation that is yet to come for those who are reconciled with God through the Blood Of Christ. This salvation is more than just being accepted as a Son (reconciliation and Justification). It is being saved by the Life Of Christ Jesus. It is brought to us about by Jesus who now lives.

So if we are all saved in one instance when we Repent and Believe in Jesus, then what is this salvation that we are looking forward to by the life of Jesus?

To me it sounds like the salvation from the power of Sin that we experience due to our daily walk with Christ in which His Life flows into us and confirms us to his image. Gradual Sanctification of saints.

How do you see this scripture? To me it gives great hope that I still have so many things to look forward to in my salvation.

2016/5/31 11:21Profile

Re: Romans 5:10

Brother I don't know how accurate this is. But I have heard salvation described in 3 ways. We have been saved from the penalty of sin. This is justification. We are being saved from the power of sin. This would be sanctification. We will be safe from the presence of sin. This will be glorification.

I do not know if this helps. But thought I would share it.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/5/31 12:20
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
To me it sounds like the salvation from the power of Sin that we experience due to our daily walk with Christ in which His Life flows into us and confirms us to his image. Gradual Sanctification of saints.

Amen brother. It is clear that Christianity cannot be lived by rules and human commitment but by the life of Jesus Christ in and through us. God is making us more like His Son and as we abide in Him we bear the fruits of righteousness to holiness.

Many believers want justification and glorification but do not want to submit and seek the process of sanctification. God is "purifying" a Bride for Himself. Not one that revels in forgiven failure but one that is overcoming by His "life."

Major Ian Thomas has a book on this verse: "The Saving Life of Christ and The Mystery of Godliness."

2016/5/31 13:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy