SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Mount of Transfiguration...A Shifting of Redemotive History

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
brothagary

Re:

Well you have changed blain over the last few years ,scripture was always you authority,, what happend

2016/6/1 8:03Profile

Re: Brenda and Gary

... Let the Word of Christ richly dwell within you...Col. 3:16

The change is simply Jesus dwelling in my heart. Simply Him who is the Word being incarnated in my heart. As such. the written word becomes the Living Word. Or is it to Living Word becoming life in the written word? :)

Either way. It is Jesus who is the Living Word who is dwelling in my heart.

Hope this makes sense.:)

2016/6/1 8:23
brothagary

Re:

Hmm not really ,,,it's not you who lives but Christ who lives in you ,I get that so that makes you the final authority because Christ is on you ...

Or the scripture is the perfect final. Authority , and because the artist of the scripture lives in us he bares witness of that ,,,

Or

2016/6/1 8:35Profile

Re: Gary

Bro let us just keep it simple. Jesus is the final authority.

2016/6/1 9:13

Re:

So how does that work out in practise? Are you referring to the written words of Jesus? Many make that mistake. There is a world if difference between reading the word of God or hearing the Word of God.

2016/6/1 10:00

Re: Authority

If one person says: "The Holy Spirit told me it's white" and the other person says: "The Holy Spirit told me it's black"
How do we know which one was really from the Holy Spirit?
We examine which statement aligns with the Scriptures.
That makes the Scriptures the highest authority in my opinion.
Edited to add:
We examine the whole scripture and let the HS witness in us as Gary said.

2016/6/1 10:33

Re: Brenda my sister,

... It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and our life...John 6:63

... for the letter kills but the Spirit gives life...2 Cor. 3:6

... All scripture is inspired by God (literally God-breathed)...2 Tim. 3:16

My sister Jesus speaks to us by His Spirit. His Spirit will speak the Words of Jesus into our soul, into our heart. I believe this is what our chrismatic friends call the Rhema Word. Perhaps that spoken word for the moment.

Brenda this is still uncharted waters for me. I'm still on this journey of faith getting to know Jesus intimately. As I get more insights I will be glad to share them with you.

I appreciate the spirit of your questions. Forgive me that my answers are still being developed here.

My sister these are simply my thoughts as given by the Holy Spirit.

2016/6/1 10:46

Re: Tozso

... This is My Son, My Chosen One, listen to Him.. Luke 9:35

... My sheep hear My voice and I know them and they follow Me...John 10:27

... A stranger they simply will not follow, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers...John 10:7

My sister if we are in relationship to Jesus then we will become familiar with the voice of the Shepherd as He speaks to us. The more we become familiar with His voice, the less inclined we are to listen to the voice of strangers. If anything we will flee from The stranger and flee to the Shepherd.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/6/1 11:14

Re:

Blain,
I believe that our Rhema word should be subjected to and always aligned with the scriptures. This is I think the insurance for us that we do not get deceived by false revelations, or our fleshly thoughts, thinking that they are from the HS.

2016/6/1 11:22

Re:

Blain,
What if what we think is a relationship with Jesus and a familiar voice, is a relationship with an other spirit and his voice, and he would deceivigly say to us that he is Jesus. John tells us to test the spirits: "Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God."1John4:2

2016/6/1 11:39

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy