SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anger with God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
yuehan

Re: Anger with God

Hi Todd,

I feel that this question does not get to the heart of the matter. It's not about whether it is sinful to be angry at God, but rather why are you angry with God, and how do you subsequently resolve the situation with Him.

Drawing from my own experience, I had a fundamental misunderstanding as to what God really wanted for me. The episode revealed deep idolatry in my life, and when my idols died... I had to accept that God did not deceive me, it was my idolatrous desires which led to false expectations. It took me a long time to accept that, even after knowing the answer.

Since then, my view of God, in particular my confidence in His goodness and honesty, has recovered.

2016/5/31 5:38Profile
brothagary

Re:

But yueyan,if it is not sinfull ,there is no need to resolve the situation ,,,

2016/5/31 6:02Profile

Re:

I agree that the question is not getting to the heart of the matter. It is not about individual sins, no matter what they are, if we are not entirely submitted to His ruling and loving Him with our whole heart, soul and mind, and have a clear conscience that it we die today, there are no issues between us and God, then we walk in the flesh and everything we do is sin.

2016/5/31 6:28
yuehan

Re:

Brothergary - I don't think that's helpful advice to someone who is struggling.

I agree with you that God is always true. Fundamentally, the problem is not with God, but with you and your understanding of Him.

But I also believe it's better to be honest with God about your feelings and even "disappointments", so long as you approach Him with reverence and do not malign His character.

God already knows your deepest thoughts anyway. Why try to conceal the problem from Him?

And He's always eager to heal - not just the wounds and disappointments, but most of all your impression of Him.

2016/5/31 6:29Profile
yuehan

Re:

BTW I'm amazed at how gentle God was with Jonah when he expressed his anger in Chapter 4.

2016/5/31 6:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I really do think that sometimes we consider something to be a sin that God may not.

God knows that He does some things that defy human acceptance and understanding. That's why I feel He is "big enough" to understand when his children get angry at him.

I agree that it is much better to express your anger to God rather than burying it and pretending you are not angry. This will only lead to bitterness.

2016/5/31 7:29Profile
yuehan

Re:

There is no instance in Scripture where Jesus or Paul expressed anger towards God. I think anger with God represents a lack of trust on our part, so I would think it is a sin.

Having said that, God is very generous in allowing us latitude for growth towards greater trust in Him. He has been gracious and gentle (strength under restraint) in His dealings with me.

2016/5/31 8:36Profile
Sree

In general getting angry at God is sin. We are angry because we believe He has to treat us differently than how he has treated. We are disappointed with how God has handled us. Is it not a sin?

Does that Pot have authority to get angry with potter?

It is maturity in our walk with God that helps us to accept how God has dealt with us.

2016/5/31 11:11Profile

Todd, you asked,

"Is it possible to be angry with God and not sin?"

I don't know, I never, ever "been angry" with God....how could I? to me, that's unthinkable, He loves me so much, as I love Him.

you could counter, "well neil, haven't you been angry with loved family members?"

of course, but they are human like me, God is God, Everything, Every Attribute of Yahweh is Perfect.

2016/5/31 11:28
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I do not recall being tempted to anger against God because of something that has happened to me.

It's what He does to other people that tempts me to anger.

He does (or allows) things to happen without explanation that are almost embarrassing and impossible to explain without sounding like an idiot.

When some horrible crime happens to a child, for example, people may have a righteous anger toward the perpetrator. It does not take a huge logical leap to also be angry with God.

2016/5/31 13:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy