SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : We Receive According to the Measure of Our Faith by Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 We Receive According to the Measure of Our Faith by Zac Poonen

In Matthew 9:27, we read of two blind men who came to Jesus. But before Jesus healed them, He asked them a question. “Do you believe that I am able to do this for you?” They said, “Yes, Lord”. Then Jesus told them, “According to your faith be it unto you” (Matthew 9:29). This is a Divine principle: We receive according to the measure of our faith – no more and no less. Did those blind men need a miracle? Yes. Did Jesus want to do a miracle for them? Yes. But yet the miracle would not take place if they did not have faith. Now apply that to yourself. Do you need a miracle from God? Yes. Does God want to do a miracle for you? Yes. But you still may not get it, if you don’t have faith.

Suppose one blind man had said, “Well, Lord, I am sure You can open at least one eye of mine. Actually that would be more than enough for me.” The Lord would have said exactly the same words to him, “According to your faith be it unto you,” – and he would have got just one eye opened! If the second man had said, “Lord, I believe You can open both my eyes”, he would have received according to his faith – and would have got both eyes opened.

The one-eyed man would then have started the “One-eye” denomination, proclaiming that Jesus can open one eye. And the other man would have started the “Two-eyes” denomination, proclaiming that Jesus can open both eyes. And so today, some proclaim half a gospel saying that Jesus can only forgive us our sins. But a few proclaim the full gospel saying, “Jesus can not only forgive us our sins. He can also give us victory over sin.” The first will call the second a heretic saying, “No, that is not possible, because Jesus opened only one eye, in my case.” But that was because he had faith only for healing in one eye. The other man had faith for healing in both eyes. He trusted the Lord not only for forgiveness, but for victory too.

Which of these two denominations do you belong to? If you believe that Jesus can only forgive your sins, then that’s all you’ll get from Him. But you will remain defeated by your anger, lust, pride, jealousy, etc. Another believer, however, may say, “But Romans 6:14 says further that sin cannot rule over me anymore because I am under God’s grace. So I am going to trust the Lord to fulfil that in my life.” He gets both his eyes opened! Don’t call him a heretic. He got something more than you, not because he was better than you, but because he trusted Christ for more.

2016/5/27 14:10Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: We Receive According to the Measure of Our Faith by Zac Poonen

AMEN!!!!!
Good Word:)))

2016/5/27 15:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy