SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : I love the law - it is my best friend and personal trainer.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Tuc I'm surprised the law only shot you. Frankly bro I'm surprised you weren't nuked and incinerated in the process. Sorry bro being facetious.

I hope somewhere along the way you found yourself to Jesus brother and came to the cross. Brother if I were you I would consider Jesus to be more of a friend to you than the law.

Brother may I ask gently. Are your eyes focused on Jesus. Or are your eyes focused on Sinai. Brother I would encourage you to stay your focus on Jesus and Jesus alone.

My thoughts bro. But I am disturbed by your post. Not for myself. But I am concerned for your well-being. Brother I exhort you. Put your Hope on Jesus. I say again put your hope in Jesus. Stay your eyes on Jesus. Brother be Jesus centered. Not law centered.

Again brother. Put your hope and your eyes on Jesus.

Brother Blaine

2016/5/27 16:35

Re: The law killed me.

Yes all my hope is in Jesus and none in myself as the result of the law killing me. My eyes are on Jesus and I am not under the law. Christ is my Life!

I am an active participant in the new covenant. I see no reason for anyone to be concerned about me being thankful to God for using the law to kill me.

2016/5/27 17:21

Re:

Brother Blaine

You used the term Bro or brother 10 times in about 14 sentences.
Thats a mighty large percentage of brothering. brother.

2016/5/27 17:49
brothagary

Re:

To be fair ,we hear the ,it's all about Christ and Christs words ,which is true ,we are not under the law ,,which is true ,but Jesus him self preached the law to convict ,he did not just preach the kingdom and to have faith ,,it was a combination ,,,so did Paul if you go through his leters you see him still using the commandments , I recal him or Peter using the commandment to ohoner your parents ,,,,,,,

The balance is needed ....

2016/5/27 18:09Profile
brothagary

Re:

Blain that is uncalled for ,,,calling someone like tuc ,who is a spiritual man ,in to question ,about his own right standing with God ,his salvation ,,

Just because his theoligy ,study of God disagrees ,with your theoligy ,,
Ridiculous....

2016/5/27 18:12Profile

Re:

HI Tuc, I understand where you are coming from but just believe you are stretching it too far to call the law grace. We both know that a man is saved by grace through faith and not of works lest any man should boast. Now we could easily replace the word works for law there. Paul in Romans 7 came to the conclusion that he was a wretched man under the law, could one argue that his wretchedness was a form of grace because it led him to grace? I dont think so. Grace is so fundamentally opposed to the law that in my opinion it would just never make any sense to compare it to it in any way. Plus, it carries real danger to confuse in any way the law with grace as noted by Paul in Galatians. Grace flows from God alone and it is entirely his. Our reaction to the law is ours, our wretchedness is ours, they are at best, sign posts, pointers towards grace that is His and His alone.........bro Frank

2016/5/27 18:25

Re:

Brothers consider Paul's words out of 1st Corinthians 2:1-4,

... And when I came to you brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony about God. For I determined to know nothing among you accept Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power...

In the above passage Paul was preaching Christ and Him crucified. In the above passage Paul is preaching the cross. His message was not law. But his message what is in the power of the Holy Spirit. This is why Paul says that the faith of the Corinthians would not rest on the wisdom of men but on the power of God.

Consider again what Paul says in Romans 15:18-19,

...For I will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me, resulting in the obedience of the Gentiles by word and deed, in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ..

Again Paul is preaching in the power of the Spirit to the Gentiles to see them come to Christ. His message is confirmed and authenticated by signs and wonders. Paul is doing what Jesus said in John 16 when He testified that it is the Spirit that convicts of sin judgment and righteousness. This is New Covenant preaching that brings people to Christ. This is not the preaching of law. But this is the preaching of the Gospel by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Muslims are coming to Christ through dreams and visions. Muslims will not be drawn to Christ throigh the preaching of the Ten Commandments. But they will be drawn to Christ buy a vision of Jesus. Again this is New Covenant preaching.

Again simply my thoughts.

2016/5/27 18:28

Re: Re

Gary anybody who calls the law a friend I have a concern for. I was not calling into question Tuc's salvation. But I was exhorted him to keep his eyes on Jesus and not law.

I have seen too many good people destroyed by law preaching. These people would start out in the joy of the Holy Spirit. Only to be brought under the preaching of law. Onky to have their Joy taken away.

The law is no friend to the believer. If anything the law is the enemy to the believer. And certainly the law will rob one of their Joy of Christ.

Again my thoughts.

2016/5/27 18:33
brothagary

Re:

Just preaching the cross and repentance ,will many times require an explanation, of what repentance is and what sin is ,,,,the bible clearly says the sin is transgressing the law of God , now many people will need to understand that they are transgressors of the law ,by showing the many places they broke the law ,,,,only concence sinners need a savour ,, telling aperson to repent and believe can have no effect ,if a person does not know what repent and sin means to them in a personal way ..

The cross its self means nothing ,with out the gravity of sin , it is just a romantic historical story ,that many many people know about ,and it lacks power for them ,because they are righteous in there own eyes ,.

The whole gospel hinges on the facts of the sinfulness of man with the perfection of Christ ,that in most cases needs to be expounded clearly , to sinners and saints , for the new birth and sangtfication...

True faith is the desperate thrust of a helpless soul ,upon the arms of an almighty saviour ......

The law kills ,but the spirit gives life

2016/5/27 18:34Profile
brothagary

Re:

But frank bare in mind ,the bible says every good gift comes down from the father of life ,,the law was a gift it came down from the father ,it had it pourpus,, and in that scence it is a gracious gift ,,,,all gifts from God come from his grace ,his underserved kindness .....

2016/5/27 18:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy