SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God v family

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

There are two kinds of leaders, the one earns respect by loving and proving themselves to those whom they lead by habitually making loving and wise choices, the respect they earn and recieve is inward and manifest itself outwardly. Those whom they lead over will follow them where ever they lead because they relieze that there leader has there best intrest at heart and would lay down their life down for them.

The other type of leader is the tyrant type, The respect that he recieves is purly positional, he demands not earns this respect. He maintains this respect only by manipulation and fear. and the respect he recieves is purly outward and never inward.
In the marriage scenerio he is the type that will take his wife to those verses in the Bible that talk about how a wife is to respect her husband and guilt trip her into compliance. the one that earned his respect instead of demanding it never has to do that.

edit:add

2016/5/27 12:19Profile

Re: God v family

This is really actually pretty strange to me because I never said anything about leaving family behind? I think just sticking with the scripture, the apostolic witness, church history, missionary history, etc. Will prove out to be the most beneficial way to approach all of these issues outside of human reasoning. A lot of what's being argued Against is straw men here anyways.

2016/5/27 13:29

Re:

And I'm not arguing any of the points on respect and servant leadership. Totally agree. But even still, ultimately the man "is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church", so even though he must lead with understanding, respect & servanthood, it is still his responsibility to lead & the wife's to submit & follow. You can't explain away these very clear scriptural principles.

2016/5/27 13:39

Re:

People explain away "very clear scriptural principles" all the time. It's called "mixture". They mix something "reasonable" with the scriptures and then you have a new definition of the scripture which they convince themselves God intended.

That is how men lead people astray. They believe their interpretation with all their heart and believe it came from God.

2016/5/27 22:15

Re:

Quote:
by savannah on 2016/5/27 8:43:08

Are these three comments scripturally supported, or are they merely your opinion?

1) "...why should they not be allowed to disagree that their husbands had been called?" Are you equating being "allowed to disagree" with her 'refusing to submit and follow'?

2) "Most wives know their husbands much more than they know themselves."

3) "I do not accept that God will call a married man without letting his wife know of the calling to the mission field. That idea is reducing her to a piece of equipment."

Experience understood according to Biblical principle. Are you saying that there is a verse for everything? A woman needs to know that it is God's will and not a mistake her husband is making when it is such a massive disruption and severly impacts their children's lives.

If God does not let both parties know, there is a greater chance of a mistake. Many give up their places as missionaries during the first few years I believe. Did they make a mistake or is God fickle?

2016/5/28 13:28

Re:

1 Peter 3
1Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives— 2when they see your respectful and pure conduct. 3Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing— 4but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. 5For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their husbands, 6as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. And you are her children, if you do good and do not fear anything that is frightening.

2016/5/28 13:59

Re:

Titus 2
3xOlder women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, 4and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

2016/5/28 14:04

Re:

Quote:
brenda7 on 2016/5/28 13:28:15

Quote:
by savannah on 2016/5/27 8:43:08

Are these three comments scripturally supported, or are they merely your opinion?

There is Not a verse for everything. That is why we have the Holy Spirit.

2016/5/28 15:48

Re:

Amen Julius, when I frantically scour the scriptures for an answer to everything I usually end up "missing" the Holy Spirit when He speaks to me. This is what happened to the Pharisees as well. Husbands end up abusing their wives, elders end up lording it over their congregations and leaders of movements end up burning their detractors at the stake. All because they had a scripture for everything but ignored the voice of the Lord who is the Spirit.

2016/5/28 16:16

Re:

Amen, Mark.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

2016/5/28 17:36

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy