SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Canada Hopes to Jail People Who Stand Against Transgenderism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Canada Hopes to Jail People Who Stand Against Transgenderism

Canada Hopes to Jail People Who Stand Against Transgenderism
6:00AM EDT 5/24/2016
Jennifer LeClaire

At least in Canada. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau issued a troubling statement on the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia.

The slippery slope is slicker than we thought—and it could land Bible-believing Christians into a cold, dark jail cell. At least in Canada (for now).

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau issued a troubling statement on the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia.

I agree, as he says, that everyone deserves to live free of stigma, persecution and discrimination. I agree, as he says, that all people—regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity—have the right to feel safe and secure, and empowered to freely express themselves. God gave us all a free will.

But that's about where my agreement ends.

"As a society, we have taken many important steps toward recognizing and protecting the legal rights for the LGBTQ2 community—from enshrining equality rights in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to the passage of the Civil Marriage Act. There remains much to be done, though. Far too many people still face harassment, discrimination and violence for being who they are. This is unacceptable," Trudeau says.

"To do its part, the government of Canada today will introduce legislation that will help ensure transgender and other gender-diverse people can live according to their gender identity, free from discrimination and protected from hate propaganda and hate crimes."

I am all for legal rights—but not special rights.

I am all for ending hate speech—but the Bible is not hate speech.

I am all for ending violence—but this bill of which Trudeau speaks may ultimately encourage violence against those who don't embrace the LGBT lifestyle, and it will most certainly lead to persecution, discrimination and perhaps even jail time. Here's a summary of the bill:

"This enactment amends the Canadian Human Rights Act to add gender identity and gender expression to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination. The enactment also amends the Criminal Code to extend the protection against hate propaganda set out in that Act to any section of the public that is distinguished by gender identity or expression and to clearly set out that evidence that an offence was motivated by bias, prejudice or hate based on gender identity or expression constitutes an aggravating circumstance that a court must take into consideration when it imposes a sentence."

It doesn't take a prophet to see where this is headed. Christians need to speak up now before it's too late.

2016/5/24 9:57

Re: Canada Hopes to Jail People Who Stand Against Transgenderism

Jeff writes.........

"It doesn't take a prophet to see where this is headed. Christians need to speak up now before it's too late."

It is too late brother. The day has passed and the night comes with gross darkness. What is required of us now is simply to stand. We, the Christian community are being tested. Will we follow the truth, are we sold out to the truth, are we willing to suffer the loss? The course is set. The world is now on a collision course with the saints. Some will say i has always been that way and of course that would be true. We can look back to various times in the last 2000 years and point to horrendous persecutions. Yet, I would argue, that now, in our day, the very pillars of truth are being assaulted. In our day wrong has become right. Day has become night. We are on a path for the world becoming as it was in the days of Noah.

Our position is not to " fight it," as the world fights it. Our battle is not in the courts or with the weapons of the world. Our main weapon is to be wrapped in light, to be covered by the truth, to be filled with such a love that it casts out all fear. To be able to stand in this evil day. This is the calling of our generation and may the Lord strengthen us for such a calling.............bro Frank

2016/5/24 10:16
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Frank-

I agree with you about it being too late

I have a question about what the loving Christian response should be- or look like.

Let's say my daughter and 8 yr granddaughter are in a girls locker room getting changed and a transgender male with all his parts still intact begins disrobing in front of my granddaughter. There is no indication he/she wants to harm anyone. What should my daughter do? She is a believer.

What might Jesus do? What would he expect us to do?

2016/5/24 11:38Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

The mere act of disrobing has, until now, been its own harm. That is why we have indecent exposure laws. We now have created safe havens: the most vulnerable places -- restrooms, locker rooms. Just because the law carves out a safe harbor for harmful conduct does not mitogate that harm. A man disrobing is its own indication of harm and harmful intent. No man in his right mind thinking of others will put himself and others in that situation.

I don't know what Jesus would do except cast the devil out of him. I don't think He would smile at him and warmly tell him God loves Him. He might ask the guy a question that reveals his unbelief and perversion, and the guy would possibly say "Go jump in a lake," and Jesus would probably just absorb it. If the naked guy started accosting a child, I think He might say something quite offensive to many of us.

All I can tell you is if is my kid in that situation, the dude ain't walking away clean.

2016/5/24 13:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: No man in his right mind thinking of others will put himself and others in that situation.

To me that is one of the most disgusting things about this whole issue. "The cause" and "my rights" are more important than the innocence and psyches of young children. I have not yet heard it reported that a transgender person would consider others before disrobing. The inconsideration is beyond belief and probably demonic.

Jesus talked about millstones and being tossed into the sea for those causing little ones to stumble.

So I honestly do not know what the response should be.

2016/5/24 14:04Profile

Re:

As Canada goes so goes the United States. May God have mercy on North America.

2016/5/24 14:19
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
by TMK ....Let's say my daughter and 8 yr granddaughter are in a girls locker room getting changed and a transgender male with all his parts still intact begins disrobing in front of my granddaughter. There is no indication he/she wants to harm anyone. What should my daughter do? She is a believer.

What might Jesus do?

What might Jesus do? probably say get your clothes back on and get over there to the men's dressing room, before I turn you into a pillar of salt. :)

2016/5/24 15:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy