SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Fernando Ortego singong Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Fernando Ortego singong Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted

Brothers and sisters I just found this YouTube video by our brother Fernando Ortega singing a beautiful hymn entitled Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted. The hymb is beautiful and the words are powerful.

Can somebody please post link. Search protocol is Fernando Ortega singing Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted. When I first listened to it I was reduced to tears. How on Earth would someone want to sin after listening to this hymb and seeing the death of the Lord Jesus on the cross.

For those of you who love hymbs you will love this one. And you might want to have a box of tissues standing by. Somebody please post the video because I believe it will be edifying to the forum.

Brother Blaine

2016/5/21 10:42

Re: Fernando Ortego singong Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted

Words to Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted

Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted
See Him dying on the tree.
Tis the Christ by man rejected
Yes, my soul, 'Tis He Tis He'
Tis the long-expected Prophet,
David's Son yet David's Lord,
But His Son God now has spoken,
Tis the true and faithful Word

Tell me ye who hear him groaning
Was there ever grief like His?
Friends through fear His cause disowning
Foes insulting His distress
Many hands were raised to wound Him
None would interpose to save
But the deepest stroke that pierced Him
What's the stroke that justice gave

You who think of sin but lightly nor suppose the evil great
Here may view it's nature rightly
Here it's guilt may estimate
Mark the sacrifice appointed
He who bears the awful load
Tis the Word, the Lord's Anointed
Son of man and Son of God.

Here we have a firm foundation
Here The Refuge of the Lost
Christ the Rock of our salvation
He's the name of which we boast
Lamb of God for sinners wounded
Sacrifice to cancel guilt
None shall ever be confounded
Who owned him there hope have built

2016/5/21 11:26

Re: Background to Hymn

The hymn was written by Thomas Kelly. I believe it was in the 1790's. Thomas Kelly was from Scotland. He was studying law. But after being converted to Christ he became an Anglican minister. But being too evangelical for the established church he was given the left hand of fellowship. Thomas Kelly went out and established independent churches. He wrote about 700 hymns.

The hymn, Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted so vividly depicts the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross for our sins. This is a beautiful hymn. Please somebody post the video link. The hymn is beautifully sung by Fernando Ortega.

Saints I believe you will be so blessed by the words of this beautiful hymn.

Brother Blaine

2016/5/21 11:42
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re: Fernando Ortego singong Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXfakRULuLs

2016/5/21 11:57Profile

Re:

Thank you for posting the link. Brothers and sisters a beautiful hymn depicting the death of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross for our sins.

Brother Blaine

2016/5/21 12:57

Re:

Brothers and sisters a beautiful hymn sung by our brother Fernando Ortega. Link is in the thread.

The hymn speaks of the loving sacrifice of Christ who was slain for us. That we might have eternal life in Him.

Consider this verse out to the beautiful hymn Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted...

Mark the sacrifice appointed, see who bears the awful load.
Tis the Word, the Lord's Anointed, Son of man and Son of God.

...Please take the time to listen to this beautiful hymn In your worship time with Jesus. You will not be disappointed at the beauty and the majesty of our Lord Hesus who was crucified for us.

Brother Blaine

2016/5/22 8:10
browny

Re:

beautiful song brother Blaine !!!!!
It touches my heart.

Shalom,
browny

2016/5/22 8:30Profile

Re:

As it does mine dear sister. Beautiful hymm to meditate on. Much Christ centered truth of Jesus and His death on the cross for us. Much richness in this beautiful hymn.

Brother Blaine

2016/5/22 9:01
browny

Re:

Amen and Amen brother!!!!

2016/5/22 10:40Profile

Re:

Isaiah 53:5-6

He was pierced through for our (my) transgressions,
He was crushed for our (my) iniquities,
The chastening of our (my) well-being fell upon him;
And by His scourging we (I am( are healed.

All of us (I) like sheep have gone astray,
Each of us (I) has turned to his own way;
But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us (me) all
To fall on Him.

I was listening to a pastor expound on Isaiah 53. He exhorted his hearers to personalize the above passages. We revel in the fact that God loves us each personally. But we also have to realize that each one of us put Jesus on the cross by our sins.

That is why I included the "I" and "me" as I quoted the passage above. For I am one of the sheep that went astray. I am one of the sheep that rebelled in my heart against the Lord Jesus Christ.

As I've been meditating on this hymn sung by Fernando Ortega. I am reminded of the verse out of this beautiful hymn. The verse that says "but the deepest stroke that pierced him was the stroke that Justice gave".

This beautiful hymn sung by our brother Fernando Ortega is entitled Stricken, Smitten, and Sfflicted. The hymn was written in the late 1700's. The message of the hymn is taken out of verses in Isaiah 53. The message of the hymn is Jesus dying on the cross for us.

The link to this beautiful here who is in the early part of this thread. Brothers and sisters may you be blessed as you listen to this Hymn. May you appreciate more His sacrificial death on the cross for sinners such as us.

Brother Blaine

2016/5/23 9:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy