SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Days of Elijah with a Marine Flavor

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Days of Elijah with a Marine Flavor

Dear saints I hope this video is not offensive to anyone. But my planner says this is Armed Forces Day. In honor of those who serve in harm's Way. Listen to video US Marines singing Days of Elijah. I would try to post it but I do not know how to do that. But if you Google Marines singing Days of Elijah the video will come up.

Again I do not mean to offend anybody on the Forum. This is a modern worship song. And the Marines add their own flavor to it. But I feel compelled to remember those who serve in harms Way.

I was raised by an uncle who was a World War 2 vet. Also a Korean vet. So I have a soft spot for the military.

Again my apologies. Do not mean to offend with his video. But I listen to it and tears come to my eyes. Remember those who served in our military forces. Pray that God's protection will be over them.

Posted my brother Blaine.

2016/5/21 10:10
Theophila

Re: Days of Elijah with a Marine Flavor

I still remember the first time I saw that video..my heart just about melted.

Its not often you see young men [not at a football game] singing so unashamedly.

Thank you for sharing.

2016/5/21 10:48Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

TOLU SAID: "I still remember the first time I saw that video..my heart just about melted.

Its not often you see young men [not at a football game] singing so unashamedly."

-------------

My sentiments exactly!

Why this video should offend anyone, especially believers, is beyond me. If it's because of the style of the video, then people need to understand that there is no one style of music that is pleasing to God. I have been in churches where hymns are strictly sung and God is glorified in them. The same goes for churches with contemporary music. I've also been in churches where hymns are strictly sung (or contemporary music) and the church was dead. So, style of music isn't important.

If it's because it's the military singing it then - forgive me for being blunt because I'm not perfected in this area yet and I won't pretend - get over it! The hyper-sensitivity and hypocrisy of political correctness has made our military and the American flag "offensive" to a new breed of thin-skinned people who choose to live in this country and enjoy (i.e., abuse) the freedoms that the military fought to protect! If I were to be offended, I would be offended BY THAT!

But, somehow, in these last days, the world reserves ITS right to demand THEIR beliefs be accepted as fact and truth, demanding that believers accept, tolerate and accommodate THEM... all the while refusing to give the same courtesy to believers. We live in a one way world -- but, SPOILER ALERT! I read the end of The Book. God wins.

Again, as for the video (which is not linked here, but I know which one is being referred to), I find it encouraging and praiseworthy!

2016/5/21 12:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy