SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pray for this law in OK to pass. Abortions to be illegal, doctors face 3 years prison

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Pray for this law in OK to pass. Abortions to be illegal, doctors face 3 years prison

TRUUNEWS) The Oklahoma legislature has passed a bill making it a felony to perform an abortion.
It passed in the Oklahoma house last month by a vote of 59-9, according to the Washington Post. Thursday the senate approved it 33-12.
If the bill is signed into law, doctors who conduct the procedure could face three years in prison and be banned from practicing medicine, as reported by Reuters. The mandate would not apply to abortions performed to safe the life of a mother.
Governor Mary Fallin could sign the measure as she has previously shown support for curbing abortion. She must decide whether to sign it into law within five days.

Is the tide turning in this country? Praise God!

2016/5/19 16:18Profile
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Re: Pray for this law in OK to pass. Abortions to be illegal, doctors face 3 years p

Sister,
While this is good news, "the axe should be laid to the root of the tree" - that is, more than 90% of abortions are due to the sins of fornication and adultery. If the behavior changes, less abortions would be committed. Nothing less than a mighty move of the Holy Spirit convicting the hearts of men and women will stem the tide. I terminated pregnancies before I came to the Lord, so I've been on both sides of the issue. Hearts have to change, one at a time.

2016/5/19 16:58Profile
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Re:

Oklahoma’s Republican-dominated legislature has filed a measure calling for President Barack Obama’s impeachment over his administration’s recommendations on accommodating transgender students, saying he overstepped his constitutional authority.

Again from Trunews. Go Okies!

2016/5/20 13:52Profile

Re:

While it's true that the heart/root issues are important & we pray God move to open & change hearts, we should be celebrating this nonetheless. If you've ever studied the Holocaust, then yes, we should have been praying that the Gospel change hearts, but that regardless the Holocaust STOP (can't change hearts in dead people) & that God move. Or William Carey in India. He went to preach the Gospel to Indian Hindus. He never lost sight of the priority of the Gospel (although it was later others who preached while he translated & printed the scriptures), But when he was there he saw the practice of "sati" which was the burning alive of widows on their husbands funeral pyre. It was a God birthed burden to see it stopped. And while he never quit preaching & transating/printing, he also did EVERYTHING in his power (prayer, speaking out, bringing political workings into play, etc.) to stop "sati" cause you can't preach to dead people. And stopping the murdering & preaching is not wrong. Saying it is is over-theoretically over-spiritualizing someone with a burden from God born in the heart of God for justice to "not waste time on those things." That's not the heart of the Father. Who was it of one of the revival eras that said "Do all the good you can, to all the people you can, at all times you can, wherever & whenever you can"?

And it wasn't just a republican political movement, but also much prayer, speaking out to bring awareness, bringing light to the fight & building political will/support & preaching against abortion and a way to stop/slow it from "Abolish Human Abortion" (in OK), "Apologia Ministries" (AZ), etc. that has helped in this fight to, as well as rallying prayer warriors. I pray it pass & spread & Roe V Wade get overturned & this "passing your children through the fire" that never even entered God's mind, get abolished once and for all. The same can be applied to US historical slavery. It was the witness & loud voice of people like John Newton & others that helped bring it to an end.

God Bless those speaking out & fighting this thing God hates taking innocent blood AND God bless the preaching of the Gospel! It's doesn't have to be "either/or" but BOTH. The ministries I mentioned in this fight do both. God Bless their efforts!
In Christ,
Jeff

2016/5/20 14:18
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

It won't withstand scrutiny in Federal court. It will be immediately placed in limbo by the courts and it will fail as unconstitutional. It won't save a single life. OK legislators know it. It is a political pandering bill by conservatives and the measure will never see the light of day if passed. The OK legislators cannot make a mistake because they will be politically rewarded by voters who will give them all sorts of credit for trying. Not an OK resident, but I wonder what controversies there are in OK budgets and state political issues that this bill buys good will for in not addressing. This is a stunt, and stunts are done all the time here in Alabama.

Not saying I wish the bill misfortune. I would love it if abortion on demand had not been carved into the Constitution by judges. But, it has. And those judges will carve this up faster than a Planned Parenthood doctor.

2016/5/20 14:51Profile

Re:

Maybe,
But I think you might be a lawyer right? For one, as you know, Roe v Wade wasn't an amendment to the constitution, it's merely an interpretive case of a Supreme Court opinion. On top of that, the OK approach & appeal is through the "doctrine of the lesser magistrate." So let this type thing be the start of a grass roots states rights issue to re-catapult this issue of abortion onto the national stage. Maybe by states standing on "the doctrine of the lesser magistrate" and/or after the addition of several new Supreme Court justices potentially very soon (which can go either way depending on who's elected, how many appointees come up, who is appointed, etc. Since we lived under this craziness of the holocaust slaughter of tens of millions of the pre-born over the last 4+ decades this may sound radical, but extreme issues sometimes call for extreme measures. The public understanding of life overall in many states is different than in times past on the subject, the science since Roe v Wade to prove "life" at conception, etc. is now in place. My prayer is that we do all we can do, we pray, & we cry out to God to end this, while doing everything in our power in the process. May sound "overly optimistic" to some, but the psychological reality of "normalcy bias" has just sat in on our thinking on this subject. I pray God wreck it in Jesus' name.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/5/20 17:29
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Just read she vetoed it.

The so-called "lesser magistrate" is a philosophy invented by John Calvin. It is not a legal doctrine. It is not a particularly good philosophy. It assumes the legitimacy of man's revolt and the formation of civil government and couches civil government in language of words like "ordained" as if set in order as God's beloved system of getting things done. It is here that Calvin, IMO now, falls flat. The lesser magistrate idea grows from a fundamental misreading of Romans 12 and 13 that treats civil authority as one of four so-called realms of authority instituted by God on a par with the family and the church. I won't launch into all the problems with that here, and I have spent too much time in the past on disputes about it. We like our human government and our politics and our seats at the tables of power and we like to sanctify it by a whitewashing of water by the word. So, I will pray with you that abortion comes to a halt. We will just have different views in how and why. But that is okay.

2016/5/20 17:56Profile

Re:

FYI - I'm not personally married to any particular "path" to abortion abolition. I say throw it all up on the wall & pray God empower something to stick & create a path to end it. There is something to be said just purely within our constitutional republic (what's left of that in theory) about states'
rights & what the specifically outlined role of the federal government is & isn't supposed to be. I think of the threat against schools & state funding from the Feds concerning the "gender identity restroom/shower" sharing. It appears since TX & NC said basically, "whatever, then keep your funding", Obama & Lynch have backed down from their initial staunch stand. I pray the same happen when enough people have had enough with abortion. Whatever the path is (as long as not violent), then I just pray it ends somehow. Let smarter people in positions of influence much more than I do whatever gets that ball rolling. This is how it starts. This is how abolition of slavery started.

2016/5/20 18:04

Re:

And as I'm sure you're all aware:

The OK Legislature can override the veto. Pray they do! I pray this slaughter of infanticide that blood-soils our land & deadens the conscience of American society (& even much of the church who now wrongly say breaking apart real live baby bodies & dismembering them in a murderous ritual is "just a social issue" & we should "be focused on heavenly things"? That's a grievous error in understanding where theology should affect orthpraxy, not just explain it away & numb us to reality in the world we live in NOW where God has placed us, given us the new birth & made us His Ambassadors!).

God Bless,
Jeff

2016/5/22 10:36
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

We certainly pray for revival and for hearts
to be changed.

We also pray that the evil works of abortion
would be fully exposed.

We pray for our leaders and judges, and for
all those in authority that legalized abortion