SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Persecution

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JHerndon

Bonifay,Fl

Persecution

I have been thinking in this today and haven't had time to get home and really look through the scriptures and flesh it out but does anyone think that when Jesus spoke about his followers being persecuted that persecution will come from inside the church? I mention this because the government found Jesus innocent. Pilate didn't see any crime and wanted to let him go. It was the religious that persecuted Jesus. And with all the outrage today the church has towards the government and the things that are being legalized perhaps persecution will come from the religious against those who try to view these things through the gospel and minister instead of boycott or protest. ***DISCLAIMER not trying to get the whole boycott thread going again. Just a sincere thought

2016/5/16 16:48Profile

Re: Persecution

Brother it is my conviction that persecution against beluevers in this nation will come from other so calked professing Christians. Jesus was betrayed by ine of His own. The religious Jews put Him to death.

History tells us how the istitutional religious church persecuted the Spirit-filled believers of their day. Just as many Anabaptist brethren died at the hands of the Protestants as they did at the hands of the Catholics. Because the Anabaptist believed in a holy called out church and not a state church.

Paul writes that the one born according to the flesh persrcuted the one born according to the Spirit. And it is so now.

My concern is not what the government or the jihadist may do in America. My concern are the wolves in sheeps clothing in our own ranks.

Hope this answers your question bro.

As usual, simply my thoughts.

...Rededited for grammatical corrections...

2016/5/16 17:17
JHerndon

Bonifay,Fl

Re:

Blaine, yes I'm not sure why I've been thinking on this today but I agree with you. Religion is so dangerous and can blind us so badly that we end up going against God. Just look at the apostle Paul before conversion and then after he was saved from religion the difference is night and day

2016/5/16 18:02Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I think there is a potential side issue to consider.

It may be that certain Christians will make it a point to identify other Christians as not being true Christians.

In other words, there may be an element of judgmentalism that creeps into the Church, but a form that is much more severe and radical than now exists.

This could result in two factions- those that claim they are the only ones truly saved (and no one else is) and those that view those folks as a bunch of loony tunes. The only problem is that those being accused of not being Christians may truly be Christians.

This could possibly give rise to, for lack of a better word, a Gestapo Christian faction.

The only problem is, I am not sure on which side the Gestapo-ism would be.

2016/5/16 18:15Profile

Re:

TMK,

Here a couple of pointers from the Holy Spirit.

2Th 3:14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

2Th 3:15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Maybe one should avoid posts that teach a CONTRARY DOCTRINE THAN WHAT THEY HAVE LEARNED. I think that is a good word for me.

Maybe that should be added to the SI Guidelines.

"Please avoid posting in threads that teach a doctrine contrary to what you have learned."

That alone will promote a lot of peace.

2016/5/16 18:22
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

I have established in my mind that it's coming and it's already here - from every direction, in the church and outside. I fully expect it to continue intensifying from every source it comes from.

So, knowing this, I'm not going to look for it, wonder about it, analyze it, or focus on it. Much more than just persecution is here, and is indeed coming - quickly and with the goal to kill and destroy.

I've chosen to prepare for it NOW by keeping Jesus as my focus (not the last days or anything that comes with them). I'm training for every battle right now by purging everything in my life that doesn't bring glory to Him or doesn't affect eternity. I'm focused on abiding in Jesus through the Word, prayer, fasting, worship, repentance, loving, obedience and staying armored-up. That way, no matter what the enemy brings at me by way of persecution, accusation, attack, or trial, Lord willing, I'll be ready.

2016/5/16 18:25Profile

Re:

And you know what, if you have been a Christian for awhile you have probably already experienced persecution.

2Tim 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Luke 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

2016/5/16 18:29
JHerndon

Bonifay,Fl

Re:

Keith great word!!!

2016/5/16 19:23Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

Joshua,

I couldn't be more serious about every word of what I wrote. I'm currently experiencing a personal revival and I'm clinging to Jesus. I refuse to let my fire be quenched ever again.

I'm a bottom line kind of guy. What's the big picture here? What really matters more than anything and everything else? What's the absolute truth and what's it going to cost to possess it?

BOTTOM LINE GOAL ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE: God's glory.

BOTTOM LINE WHAT IT'S GOING TO TAKE TO ACHIEVE IT: Repentance, 100% surrender and the death of my desires and ways, along with 100% obedience. Anything less is lukewarm and that gets me vomited out.

CURRENT THOUGHT PROCESS: I really do want a better life right now. I'd like to live in a log cabin in the mountains of Montana and make a living from my writing on the internet. I'd like to have a car. I'd like a decent bed and a new chair. My computer is nine years old. It's getting slow and starting to act up. I really need a vacation. I haven't been out of my city in 16 years. I want friends. All the ones I had abandoned me during my unemployment. I need new clothes, too. I haven't bought new clothes in almost 10 years. And I need new glasses. I've been relying on drug store readers for about eight years. None of these things is too much to want, is it?

ANSWER: Actually, no, it's not. There's nothing wrong with these things at all. But are these things necessary for me achieve the BOTTOM LINE GOAL? No.

BOTTOM LINE COST: God says it will cost everything and that I need to count the cost. Am I able to give up being the center of my own life and doing things my way? Am I able to not go by my feelings and emotions? Am I able to abandon my own wants and desires and put God and others before myself, esteeming them to be better than myself? Am I able to be PERSECUTED and even DIE for His glory? Am I able to live life eternally minded?

ANSWER: Nope. I can't do it. It's impossible. I've tried for years and don't have the ability to do these things. Trying has only led to depression, self-pity and backsliding. I seriously don't even have the strength to try anymore. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

LIGHTBULB MOMENT: Willingness, NOT ability! That's obviously the key because I'm clearly NOT able. Am I WILLING to completely die to myself and trust God with my own well-being - every need, every dream, every desire - while I pursue His glory and the benefit of others? This can't be answered lightly or played with. To achieve the bottom line goal, you have to be All In or not in at all. The Holy Spirit can work with Willingness, not Ability. ANOTHER LIGHTBULB MOMENT: This is actually VERY freeing! Trust, abide and obey and leave the results up to Him!

::::INSERT PERSONAL REVIVAL HERE::::

A time of repentance, mourning, self-examination, healing, worship and thanksgiving followed. Clarity and strength have been returned to me. My eyes are opened and I'm determined to die to self and live the rest of my life on this earth to the glory of Jesus no matter what it entails or costs.

SO, NOW WHAT?: I need to be ready for anything and everything. We're in the last days and I want to be prepared for ANYTHING that comes my way. Whatever form persecution holds for me, I want to people to see Jesus in me through it all. The ONLY way for that to happen is to ABIDE so closely in Jesus that when people look at me, all they CAN see is Jesus. I need to train and prepare for this! There's NO more time to lose or waste! I no longer have time for hobbies, entertainment, or anything else that doesn't advance His kingdom and affect eternity. Nothing wrong with these things, to a point, but I don't have time for them. I need every moment I can get my hands on to prepare and be ready BEFORE these things become more frequent and intense!

So, my time is spent in the Word, prayer, fasting, worship, thankfulness, the constant examining of myself and repentance, complete focus on Jesus, learning to hear Him whisper in a raging storm with thousands of other voices screaming around me. I need to learn how to armor up, intercede, and be prepared for any situation.

That's why, when I consider persecution, ALL OF THIS is what comes to mind about it. WHERE it comes from is almost, if not completely, irrelevant to me. Training and preparing for it is what matters because that's what's going to achieve the BOTTOM LINE GOAL: God's glory.

2016/5/16 21:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy