SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Typologies of Christ - The Source of All Blessing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Typologies of Christ - The Source of All Blessing

In which ways is the Patriarch, Abraham a type of Christ?

This thread will be a great help in witnessing to Muslim and Jewish people who claim Abraham as their father.

2016/5/14 11:55

Re: Typologies of Christ - The Source of All Blessing

I can't get away from noticing you start up abucnch of stuff, don't answer direct questions that pose problems for what you have said/believed (by me, Docs, etc.), never address it, & then just move on to starting up more threads with that master thread weaved into it. And then later (in a few days or a week), you'll go back to those same old issues, act as if you never heard others state what they do/don't believe, not answer the important questions again, disappear on those threads without answering, & open up more threads coming at the whole issue "from another angle". Not trying to be contentious. Just a very real obvious observational pattern. Why is that?

2016/5/14 12:03

Re:

"Not trying to be contentious".

But that's exactly what your post is brother...pure, undiluted and completely unnecessary contention. If you have an issue with someone, send them an email. And if you don't agree with their viewpoint just stay off their thread rather than argue incessantly. Spoken in love and I pray you will take it in love. God bless.

2016/5/14 22:36

Re:

Sorry you see it that way friend. I'm just being open & honest rather than coy. Especially since just prior to this post there was some questions brought to the table (in which he interjected in a thread he didn't start, then wouldn't respond - to something that's already been explained many times before - a pattern) & then started this thread. Again, I'm not trying to be contentious. Just honest. Contention can come in many different ways. Sorry you feel that way.
God Bless,
Jef

2016/5/14 22:44

Re:

Brother Jeff,
Respectfully I ask you, why don't you just take correction and stop making excuses and saying "I'm sorry you saw it that way". I have nothing against you I promise but brother this is an issue in your life that I pray you will seek God about. There is always a "reason" for why we say contentious things, but that is irrelevant. It is a contentious spirit that dogs you and I will bet I am not the first person to tell you that. Those here who put up with this from you and do not speak the truth to you in love are doing you a diservice. The blows of a friend are faithful. I don't know how old you are dear brother but I think I am a couple of years older than you and I am a serious work in progress and am in worse shape than you I suspect. But this enables me to recognize others in the same boat as me:-). This issue of being contentious and arguementative had to be "beat" out of me by my loving Heavenly Father and I sense that He is about to get to work on you big time too if you will let Him. Whatever is eating away at you brother Jeff I pray you will lay it down at the feet of the Saviour and let Him take full control of that area of your life. Again I am not perfect in this area but I do hope and pray that my brothers and sisters in the Lord will love me enough to speak to me directly and firmly when I am out of line. I am writing this publically to you because you have said these things publically. I have nothing against you and sense a deep and profound love for the Lord in your heart. I will be praying that He has His total way in your life. God bless.

2016/5/15 0:28

Re:

double post

2016/5/15 0:41
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Typologies of Christ - The Source of All Blessing

Julius asked:
In which ways is the Patriarch, Abraham a type of Christ?

By faith, Abraham obeyed Christ who spoke to him. And thus grew in the likeness of the One who is the Author of Salvation.

So therefore, when reaching out to a Muslim one would ask, Does Abraham resemble Christ or Muhammad?

2016/5/22 7:53Profile

Re:

Amen, rookie. Christ is where we live. He is the "good land", the "Promised Land", our habitation.

Acts 17:28a For in Him we live, and move, and have our being;

Psa 71:3 Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort:

He sustains us as our "Bread of Life" and "Living Waters".

2Cor 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

2016/5/22 9:37
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Amen Julius

Psa 119:17
GIMEL
Deal bountifully with Your servant,
That I may live and keep Your word.

Psa 119:18
Open my eyes, that I may see
Wondrous things from Your law.

Psa 119:19
I am a stranger in the earth;
Do not hide Your commandments from me.

Psa 119:20
My soul breaks with longing
For Your judgments at all times.

2016/5/22 12:45Profile

Re:

Jeff,

Nothing feeds us like His Word given life by His Spirit. Those verses speak to me.

Psa 107:9 For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.

Jer 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

John 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, HE HAVE NO LIFE IN YOU.

John 6:55
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

2016/5/22 13:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy