SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Praying according to the book of James

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Praying according to the book of James

I have been encouraged tremoundsly to pray and perservere in prayer in the last month. God has brought someone in my life that has really been spurring me on to pray for my un-saved family members, etc.

And God has already begun to move in mighty ways. One of my family members went to Church (which if you knew the situation) is a testimony in itself. I am encouraged to continue praying daily not giving up until the Lord moves for His glory sake.

Quote:
But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind, That man shoiuld not think he will recieve anything from the Lord. - James 1:6-7

I started to doubt a few times if the prayers were effectual. I felt a few times my mind wandering and didn't feel like it was the most spiritual prayers I ever gave to God. But as I can see know from the answer already that God heard them and is moving, Praise His Name!

Always believe that your prayers are heard, don't doubt, expect things to happen.

2003/10/13 21:41Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re: Praying according to the book of James

What an encouragement to those who have been praying for unSaved family members. Thank you for sharing this. :-) I feel blessed in reading how God has touched your family in such a short time.

2003/10/13 23:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Praying according to the book of James

Indeed!
This is a favorite verse and to back it up just a hair to verse 5:

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it [b]will be given to him[/b]."

Just before the warning of not doubting, I believe this is the hinge that the promise swings on; "[i][b]will be given [/b][/i]", not maybe, or if I am good enough (we're not), or if we jump through a number of hoops. Just "[i][b]ask[/b][/i]"!

Seems the greatest sin that we commit and the same trap that we fall into, time and time again and the one thing that grieves God more than anything, the one thing that I have to continually repent of, that I wan't to drive a stake into once and for all, is simply......

[i][b]Believing Him ![/b][/i]

Lord, help my unbelief!

"Without faith it is [i][b]impossible![/b][/i] to please Him."

Oh the arrogance of not trusting in the One who holds everything in His soverign care! What foolishness! May this sin be consumed by the fire of Your holy wrath now and forever!
Forgive me Lord.

"looking unto the promise of God, he wavered not through unbelief, but waxed strong through faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully assured that what he had promised, he was able also to perform."
Romans 4:20,21

"and whatsoever is not of faith is sin."
Romans 14:23

2003/10/14 11:25Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Praying itslef is not a shot in the dark, not a net cast into the sea with the hope of a good catch. Praying is working along with God in the fulfilment of the divine plan. Praying is fighting close up at the front where the sharp deciding action is taking place.

Quote:
"Don't waste your time praying around the edges, Go for the devil direct. Pray Him loose from souls. Weaken his hold on people by direct attack. Then your prayers will count and the work of God will get done." - Thomas Haire

When I am praying for my family I am mostly praying for specific sins and hindrances I know exist.

2003/10/14 12:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy