SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : What context will revival come in?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

What context will revival come in?

I'm just thinking out loud here but I do have sincere questions.

I guess there are many things I still don't understand about all the calls for revival. We need it to be sure but no matter how big and large the revival is the Bible clearly lets us know that at the end of the age men a vast multitude of souls will be saved yet even as the nations shall wax worse and worse and descend into greater evil and iniquity and the moral character of man outside of God will rise in a full rebellion against God and His laws and His covenants. It's sort of like many calls for revival are trying to get around the evil that is to come but I believe there will be are revival also at he end of the age but in the midst of a growing and fully manifesting evil. I was speaking with a group of Christian friends about this very thing just a few minutes ago so it is fresh in my mind right now. At this point, is this country and the nations destined to turn back to God again and on a broad scale embrace righteousness again. If so, why would God pour out final judgments upon ALL the nations? Local revivals may come and it would be good, no complaining here, but they would likely restrain darkness at their local level only and not nationally. I guess. I'm just wondering what the church really views as ahead and coming. Are all the nations, and in particular this nation, going to turn back to God at this point?

10 Many will be purged, purified, and refined; but the wicked will act wickedly, and none of the wicked shall understand ...(Daniel 12:10)

Also, speaking of an end time scenario, Isaiah wrote,

1 Draw near, O nations, to hear; and listen, O peoples! Let the earth and all it contains hear, and the world and all that springs from it.

2 For the Lord's wrath is against ALL the nations, and His wrath against all their armies; (Isaiah 34:1-2)

2016/5/8 7:03Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: What context will revival come in?

I agree with the sentiment of your post- but not sure why you say Is. 34 is referencing an end-time scenario.

2016/5/8 8:19Profile
docs

Re:

1 Draw near, O nations, to hear; and listen, O peoples! Let the earth and all it contains hear, and the world and all that springs from it.

2 For the Lord’s indignation is against all the nations,
And His wrath against all their armies; He has utterly destroyed them, He has given them over to slaughter.

3 So their slain will be thrown out, And their corpses will give off their stench, And the mountains will be drenched with their blood.

4 And all the host of heaven will wear away,
And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll;
All their hosts will also wither away As a leaf withers from the vine, Or as one withers from the fig tree. (Isaiah 34:1-4)

Verse four with heaven wearing away and the sky being rolled up etc. is related to II Peter 3:10,

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

In the typical near/far fulfillment characteristic of much of biblical prophecy, a glimpse into the immediate time and also a glimpse into the far future is provided by Isaiah's reference in 34:4a. The day of the Lord and events occurring at this day that Peter spoke of in II Peter 3:10 is the day of the Lord's vengeance and final pouring out of judgment on all nations at the end of the age so it has a end time context the same as Isaiah's reference in verse 4a. Isaiah and Peter are describing the same event which is centered around the eschatological day of the Lord.

2016/5/8 9:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy