SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Visitation or Habitation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Visitation or Habitation

A lot of prayers have been going up for revival. Many people have been praying for revival for years and not seeing an answer to their prayers. One would wonder why?

Is it possible we are praying the wrong prayers? We are pleading God for a visitation of His Spirit? Is it possible that He is wanting us to pray that we be a habitation of his Spirit?

Bro. Blaine

Rededited for clarity

2016/5/7 14:08
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Visitation or Habitation

Timing...

Or I should say the God's timing... You don't see a Move of God yet because it's not the time...

2016/5/7 16:43Profile
docs

Good thoughts bearmaster.

What helps me at this point is continuing to acknowledge that the Holy Spirit already dwells within the entire church because He indwells personally each and every believer of the true church and He doesn't come and go. He's already dwelling within to stay so He is already habitating. I guess the church which He already inhabits may not be ready yet to release that which it has within.

2016/5/7 22:14Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Thats reminded me of what God wants in our private lives. I habitation of His Spirit. But people love the gifts of the spirit more than losing their lives and following Him so there is still only a visitation in many hearts.

because they haven't left the chidhood stage of the Life, they claim it as being the only way, the true way, not knowing their is a continual habitation we can have.

2016/5/8 8:30Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
by bearmaster
A lot of prayers have been going up for revival. Many people have been praying for revival for years and not seeing an answer to their prayers. One would wonder why?

If I may offer a small humble opinion, people pray but they don't prepare first (me included). I read somewhere that the Lord would wake Evan Roberts every night at 1:00 am and he would pray till 5 am; so could it be possible that he wasn't even praying for revival but that is what God sent?

Quote:
by bearmaster
Is it possible we are praying the wrong prayers? We are pleading God for a visitation of His Spirit? Is it possible that He is wanting us to pray that we be a habitation of his Spirit?

Yes, it is very possible that we are praying the wrong prayers or praying with the wrong motives.

If we are His temple, then I believe we should be praying that He inhabit His temple!!!

God bless, bear
Lisa

2016/5/8 8:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
Good thoughts bearmaster.

What helps me at this point is continuing to acknowledge that the Holy Spirit already dwells within the entire church because He indwells personally each and every believer of the true church and He doesn't come and go. He's already dwelling within to stay so He is already habitating. I guess the church which He already inhabits may not be ready yet to release that which it has within. I'm just thinking out loud here.

I guess there are many things I still don't understand about all the calls for revival. We need it to be sure but no matter how big and large the revival is the Bible clearly lets us know that at the end of the age men a vast multitude of souls will be saved yet even as the nations shall wax worse and worse and descend into greater evil and iniquity and the moral character of man outside of God will rise in a full rebellion against God and His laws and His covenants. It's sort of like many calls for revival are trying to get around the evil that is to come but I believe there will be are revival also at he end of the age but in the midst of a growing and fully manifesting evil. I was speaking with a group of Christian friends about this very thing just a few minutes ago so it is fresh in my mind right now. At this point, is this country and the nations destined to turn back to God again and on a broad scale embrace righteousness again? If so, why would God pour out final judgments upon ALL the nations? Local revivals may come and it would be good, no complaining here, but they would likely restrain darkness at their local level only and not nationally. I guess. I'm just wondering what the church really views as ahead and coming. Are all the nations going to turn back to God at this point?

(Isaiah 34:1-2)

Interesting. Aren't these two thoughts contradictory?

Quote:
yet even as the nations shall wax worse and worse and descend into greater evil and iniquity and the moral character of man outside of God will rise in a full rebellion against God and His laws and His covenants.

Quote:
At this point, is this country and the nations destined to turn back to God again and on a broad scale embrace righteousness again?

To be fair, your first quote is a statement and the second one is a question, so they are not really contradictory. You are just asking for confirmation on your statement and wondering if maybe things will get better.

2016/5/8 10:27
dohzman

Dear Bro. Blaine

I did not see the original post before you edited it so really I can only give what what I see in your present post.

Is it possible we are praying the wrong prayers? I am not sure there is really a "right" prayer to be honest. Maybe a right heart would be a better place to start.

We are pleading God for a visitation of His Spirit? Is it possible that He is wanting us to pray that we be a habitation of his Spirit?
If we are His children and have been born of His Spirit I am not sure how we can be unborn of His Spirit and become not His Child....and NO I am not a Calvinist...just a very simple man.

I think prayer serves so many different functions each reaping a different outcome. The same with revival, what do we think revival is? What are we expecting to see? Why do we want revival in the first place?(This is not a stupid question because I know of many pastors who want revival only to have bigger congregations and all that comes with that.....you can fill in the blanks).

The nuts and bolts of Christianity usually comes down to specifics when we approach God, First BELIEVE and believe that HE IS a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. That s why children are so precious, they simply will just go to their father/grandfather and not be hindered (in most normal healthy circumstances)and they make their requests, when they make their request they do so expecting to receive. It is the joy of any father or grandfather to fill that request, no matter what that request is. So maybe the Lord is just really waiting on us to become more like children?

Just a thought my brother. God Bless Bro. DMiller

2016/5/8 19:05Profile

Re: Dear Bro. Blaine

I love the question that speaks to visitation or habitation. It reminds me of covenantal promises and taking possession. God promises His people the promised land but it must be possessed. Some folks think the land covenants are yet to be fulfilled but God gave what He promised, it was up to the Israelites to possess the land. If I own something and give it to you and you fail to take possession of it, is that my fault or yours? If I promised you something and then give it to you then I have fulfilled my promise, if you dont take it then what has that to do with me?

If there is a peace to be had that surpasses understanding, in Christ, and there is, then how do I possess it? Jesus said " Be anxious for nothing." He gives us a command. For those who follow His command then the peace that surpasses understanding follows. Jesus part is to supply and our part is to possess what has been given. We have a part to play.

God has made many promises to His people yet much of Christendom has failed to possess the promises in Christ which are yes and amen. The failure is our part for God is faithful to those who are obedient and who are diligent. We want to partake of the glories but we do not want to partake in the humiliations. We want abundant life in Christ but we are not willing to take up our crosses and die. We desire the feast but we have no stomach for the fasting. The Lord inhabits the praises of His people. We praise God with our lives, we praise God with our desire to follow Him. We praise God when we can glorify Him when we are hungry, when we are naked, when we walk through the valley's. God is looking for a people to inhabit all the days of their lives. But, I thank God that He considers the weaknesses of our flesh and our own lack of faithfulness.........bro Frank

2016/5/10 0:32

Re:

Galatians 2:20 says that Christ lives in one crucified with Christ. Is this true only for Paul or can Christ live in my life?

Brother Blaine

2016/5/13 8:55

Re:

Paul's inheritance is the same inheritance for you and I, Blane if we meet the conditions set forth by the Lord Jesus in His Testament to us.

Paul did not inherit lands, houses or goods. He inherited Christ... Who IS eternal life.

Frank said it perfectly.

Quote:
God promises His people the promised land but it must be possessed. Some folks think the land covenants are yet to be fulfilled but God gave what He promised, it was up to the Israelites to possess the land.

Jesus kept all of His promises in the OT and we can trust Him to keep His word to us in the NT. It is' that vacillates, God's faithfulness is never in question.

He will come to everyman who receives Him in faith and walks according to His word.

John 14:21-23
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

2016/5/13 9:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy