SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Christian Revivals

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

To be an empty vessel involves paying a great price, in the emptying which one must be willing to pay.

2016/5/17 12:23

Re:

But Brenda is the filling not worth the price one pays for emptying?

2016/5/17 14:04

Re:

Oh yes it is.

2016/5/17 14:53
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Blaine,

In answer to your question, I believe that God does want to make His Church a habitation that He dwells in. He is present in every believer, but as it was mentioned, there must be an emptying, before we can be filled. We are crucified with Christ, so that He can live His life in us and through us.

"Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" (1 Corinthians 3:16).

"In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." (Ephesians 2:22).

I don't believe that it is either a visitation or a habitation that God wants to give us, but it is both.

“Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.” (Psalms 144:5).

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;" (Acts 3:19).

Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee? (Psalm 85:6).

"O Lord, I have heard the report of you, and your work, O Lord, do I fear. In the midst of the years revive it; in the midst of the years make it known; in wrath remember mercy."
Habakkuk 3:2 ESV

"Revival is the VISITATION OF GOD which brings to life Christians who have been sleeping and restores a deep sense of God's near presence and holiness. Thence springs a vivid sense of sin and a profound exercise of heart in repentance, praise, and love, with an evangelistic outflow."
Author: J.I. Packer

2016/5/17 16:06Profile

Re: Mike

Brother good thoughts from your post. Much wisdom coming forth from the word you shared.

2016/5/17 16:48
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you brother Greg for sharing this documentary with us on the Church in China.

The persecution of the Church in China has only resulted in the furtherance of the gospel. This is something that the Church in America has very little knowledge or experience of, but this is exactly how the Church grew in the book of Acts. The Holy Spirit was poured out, persecution came, and the gospel was spread throughout the world.

"But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;" (Philippians 1:12).

2016/5/17 18:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy