SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : When you see Jerusalem compassed with armies...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Julias,

Bro Greg has asked you to change the subject. Some folks live for controversy. When it is clearly not edifying and has resulted in the locking of many threads and has resulted in a bad spirit between brothers. why do your persist? Tell you what Julias, why not share your testimony here? Tell us how you came to know Jesus, how you love Him and perhaps some testimony of how He has blesses you over the years. I believe this would be edifying............bro Frank

2016/5/1 17:12

Re:

Apollus, you probably missed it, but I already agreed with docs that we are both going to stop commenting on these threads.

2016/5/1 17:39
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: When you see Jerusalem compassed with armies...

Obviously. When Messiah came the first time, he did not deal with Rome. The Jews cried, "We'll have no king but Caesar"
When messiah returns he comes to smash the image of Daniel; the continuation of the Roman Empire, and this time he will deliver Israel from Rome. The Vatican is busy buying up property in the area of the old temple and it's not for a tourist attraction. This is your year of mercy says Rome. Obviously there is something afoot.

It's similar to the account of Joseph in Egypt when he finally revealed himself to his brothers. Reconciliation.

The Jews go to great length to protect their brothers, but don't hear the cries of their brother Joseph (Jesus). They will look upon him who they (caused to be) pierced. There must come a reconciliation first. Paul said, " I beseech you brethren be reconciled to Christ"

2016/5/1 17:42Profile

Re:

Post removed

2016/5/1 17:48
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Tell you what Julias, why not share your testimony here? Tell us how you came to know Jesus, how you love Him and perhaps some testimony of how He has blesses you over the years. I believe this would be edifying

I second this request, it would be wonderful to hear how your soul come to know the Saviour.

And to answer the main point hopefully of your question, the Gospels nor our Lord ever give us justification to hurt another person but rather forgive, bless, love and die for.

2016/5/1 18:33Profile

Re:

Neil is right,

It's not just an SI thing, I belong to a few Hi-End Audio sites and there are some that are simply combative and unless they are given a time out or are tossed they disrupt everything. One forum that was once very popular is now nothing but tumble weeds because of a few guys that operated exactly like rogues.

Brother J I reached out to you personally and in kindness, your wisdom is not from above.

Marc mc

2016/5/1 19:30

Re:

Thank you very much for your reply, Greg.

I also believe that. His life in us would rather suffer persecution and death than inflict the same on others.

My testimony is in the Word so I'll start with this:

He brought me up out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell. I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me. Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct me, and withheldest not thy manna from my mouth, and gavest me water for my thirst. Thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth. I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the Lord. I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

Details of my old life tend to give glory to the enemy.

2016/5/1 19:48

Re:

Hi Julias, I agree that details of our old life can and often does give the enemy to much platform time. That is why it is good to hear details of our new life. Yet I was hoping to hear in your own words the circumstances surrounding you being saved and how He has changed you over the however many years it has been since you were saved. That might be a good place to start, how long have you been saved? I was saved at the age of 26 and I am 52.................bro Frank

2016/5/1 21:18
passerby

Re:

Luke 21:20-24

20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. 23 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

verse 22: For this is the time of punishment.

verse 24: Jews are taken prisoners and Jerusalem will be trampled by the gentiles ....... until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled.

In 70 AD Jerusalem was desolated.... a time of punishment..., but prophecy does not end there.

Joel 3:1-2 “In those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will enter into judgment against them concerning My inheritance, My people Israel, for they scattered My people among the nations and divided up My land.”

This is the day of redemption.

Romans 11:25-27

v25: I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part.... until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; He will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is My covenant with them when I take away their sins.”

V25: "Israel has experienced partial hardening", is Israel
in this verse pertains to the church?

2016/5/1 21:18Profile

Re:

Hi Apollus,

As pearls are, the testimony the Lord has given to me is precious. I have been ridiculed, belittled, slandered and accused by NDY, Rev_Enue and Neil. (And of course I am constantly reminded those types of attacks are not condoned, here). With those three in mind, who attack with impunity, this may not be a good environment in which to cast my pearls. I simply cannot trust the three amigos getting to know me more intimately. I'm sorry, but I trust you understand.

2016/5/1 21:37

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy