SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Apology

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Apology

To the Saints here on SI,
And Julius especially, I just want to apologize for some of the way I dealt with one of the other posts & the situation. I certainly didn't mean to berate or belittle, my heart was actually far different than that, but I realize it can come across differently. And at some point, I should have just let it die, but a specific nerve was hit & all in line with other things the Lord had made clear to me, but I should not have continued to go on. It didn't result in anything positive anyways after awhile what was said was said, & I should have left it be & moved on & I didn't. Anyways, my heart is for the Body of Christ, the Word of God, the person of Jesus, & the Spirit's work to be embraced & heralded, but I let something I think was wrong get me out of sorts & for that I do honestly want to humble myself & apologize. Anyways, may God richly bless you all.
In Him,
Jeff

2016/4/25 14:24

Re: Apology

Quote:
To the Saints here on SI,
And Julius especially, I just want to apologize for some of the way I dealt with one of the other posts & the situation. I certainly didn't mean to berate or belittle, my heart was actually far different than that, but I realize it can come across differently. And at some point, I should have just let it die, but a specific nerve was hit & all in line with other things the Lord had made clear to me, but I should not have continued to go on. It didn't result in anything positive anyways after awhile what was said was said, & I should have left it be & moved on & I didn't. Anyways, my heart is for the Body of Christ, the Word of God, the person of Jesus, & the Spirit's work to be embraced & heralded, but I let something I think was wrong get me out of sorts & for that I do honestly want to humble myself & apologize. Anyways, may God richly bless you all.
In Him,
Jeff

Thank you, Jeff. I pray the Lord blesses you and your family and provides for all your needs. I pray He also encourages you and strengthens you in your inner man and that He will give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.

In Christ,
J

2016/4/25 15:35

Re: Apology

Thank you brother for your post, may the Lord continue to bless you and fill you with peace.

2016/4/25 18:38
proudpapa

Re: Apology ?

When this was first wrote,
I read it and read it again. I was going to comment at the time with a word of encouragement,

but as I read what was written, it appeared to me that there was no apology beyond the title.

Jeff, your attacks on Julius since this post, reaffirm that My original reading of this content, was correct.

2016/5/15 18:56Profile

Re:

Thank you for your words PP - anytime you want to encourage me (which you didn't do) or accuse me (which you did do), feel free I guess. I did apologize. Whether you accepted/believed it or not. For "How"I went about it in frustration. And I was not intending to attack Julius. Asking someone a question is not an attack, even if it gets bent & wrongly analogized & turned back around. I'm not going to go into why I asked the question. It really doesn't matter at this point. God is the judge ultimately who sees all & knows the intents & motives of the heart. We can often be wrong in our presumptions & perceptions, particularly in this limited 2-dimensional form of written communication. But I respect your "coming to your friends side" even if in the process you dig up an old thread just to accuse me of being a liar & such. Either way, I hold nothing against you friend.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/5/16 0:54

Re:

And it is interesting you wouldn't be asking Julius where His public apology was for calling Pre-Mils those of a False Gospel, False Christ, FALSE SALVATION, just accusing me of lieing when I apologized for HOW I went about trying to push him for an apology, but I digress

2016/5/16 1:27
proudpapa

RE: ///And it is interesting you wouldn't be asking Julius where His public apology was for calling Pre-Mils those of a False Gospel, False Christ, FALSE SALVATION,///

I rebuked him directly and publicly I wrote : ///I have to say that I find the title of this thread a bit provocative and disturbing...///

His response was : ///Yeah, I would like to change the title, too. I have not been comfortable with it. In reflection, I admit it is too provocative. Any ideas?///

I also rebuked him with : ///"...but to insinuate that all those whom intelectually believe this, are following a false Christ, I feel is a bit overboard.
Lets remember "we see through a glass, darkly"///

His response was : "........This explains what I mean by false gospel and false Christ. ((((I'm not saying the brothers participating in this thread believe in a false Christ)))). ((((Sorry, if I communicated that.)))) Though, they may unwittingly be preaching and teaching things that Christ already rejected when He came the first time.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=56773&forum=36&start=40&viewmode=flat&order=1

That was on 2016/4/23 your apology was on 2016/4/25 two days after he made the statement!

You continue to relentlessly keep bringing up the above subject and throwing it in everytime you get a chance.

On 2012/5/13 I wrote : ///I would encourage every single individual whom has attacked Julius to consider there own short comings on these forums, Think about it, have many of those whom attacked Julius not been guilty of the same and in some instances worse.///

The hypocritical blindness of those whom where attacking Julius was unreal in that thread.

You responded : ///........ I also even admitted & apologized for at times going too far and/or saying too much. I did that publicly too from the heart.
However, before we set up a martyrs grave here for Julius, I do think it should also be said that I, before having done any of these things, came to Julius' side, was kind, soft, gentle, giving the benefit of the doubt To him, etc. & why did I receive from Julius? Sarcasm, attacks, snarky comments, being grouped up on by him & the 3-4 here who have pushed his narrative, etc. Julius was nasty towards me early on and I was nothing but kind & gracious to him. Don't just remember the most recent threads & ignore the ones from a couple/few weeks ago and how we got to the place where we are now on some of these discussions. And then he actually accused, as well as everyone else on the forum & in the majority of church history who believes in Premillinealism, of having received a "False Gospel, False Christ, FALSE SALVATION" (His words/title - before changing it - not mine). But all I asked for was likewise an apology to all those he accused of not having "TRUE SALVATION" (which is pulling up wheat that Jesus warned against). All I asked for repeatedly was to admit the wrong & apologize? Yes, I went on and on, because he refused to do it. Did it ever happen? No it did not.///

2016/5/16 3:10Profile

Re:

I'm sorry, but I'm going to be really frank with you (since you've certainly had no problem being that, or more if not outright accusatory, with me), but when I read that & you tell me that's a real apology from Julius ("I didn't intend to communicate False Christ" - when that's his EXACT words, followed by FALSE SALVATION) & he never actually said "I'm sorry to everyone out there I offended & accused of calling a false believer, over 50%+ of everyone on the site including the moderators & all the SI preachers/teachers whose recordings are featured here, but yet you go back, dig up my apology, accuse me of basically being a liar/deceptive/dishonest, etc.,it seems to me you have an axe to grind or an impartial basis of comparison to give your friend (who agrees with your views by the way) a pass, & accuse me (the only one who posted a public apology & I never called anyone false believers for disagreeing with me), it seems to me that it's actually you that has an axe to grind? That's fine though. I hold no grudge/offense against you in my heart. May God richly bless you today!
In Him,
Jeff

2016/5/16 9:53
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Dear brothers,

It is strange reading these personal replies to accusations. The strangest part about the replies is when I get to the end after reading all that was written before - then comes the "spiritual" "the Lord bless you" anyway kind of ending.

I never understood Jesus to say "bless those that curse you...after you have set them straight."

Since "bless" in the original is a compound word ( eu = well) + (logeo = speak) - the meaning is "speak well".

Setting someone "straight" on a public forum by pointing out their faults for others to read is kind of stretching it to try and spiritualize it by adding "bless you" at the end.

When I read these type of posts I see "contra" = against + "diction" = to say. Adding "bless you" to airing our grievances is a "contradiction."

Mak

2016/5/16 13:57Profile

Re:

Proverbs 9:7
"Whoever corrects a mocker invites only insult, and whoever rebukes the wicked will himself become stained. Don’t rebuke a mocker or he will hate you. Rebuke a wise person, and he will love you. Counsel a wise man, and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man, and he will add to his learning".

I am reminded of this scripture after reading the SI threads of late. If a wise man is corrected he will not insult you, in fact he will thank you for the correction and thereby grow in grace and maturity.

2016/5/16 15:14

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy