It hurts it cuts it murders
The lives of fellow men
It dims the light of heaven
And makes the world condemn

Ah little tongue, I beg thee
Bend to thy Lord above
That on the path you travel
Your ministry is Love"

- Written by Jennifer Rene Daniel, (Keith Daniel's wife); Extracted from her blessed book of poems, "Just A Whisper"; Copyright 2008; From pages 52-53.

2016/4/25 0:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: "The Tongue"

Amen. May the Lord help all of us who are blood-bought by Jesus to control our tongues by the power of the Holy Spirit.

James 3New International Version (NIV)

Taming the Tongue
3 Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

3 When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4 Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5 Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

7 All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

2016/4/25 7:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy