SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Prayer For Our Cities?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Renee

Sister I'm going to open up a thread tomorrow announcing a conference prayer call next Sunday night praying for our cities.

Brother Blaine

2016/4/24 21:38
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you Blaine and Renee for not just talking about prayer, but for acting on it.

I will be with you all for the prayer call. Please put out a reminder during the week.

I believe that there are a few others that participate on this forum that would be interested in joining in. I know that "Flag Lady" is one of them.

2016/4/24 22:01Profile

Re: Praying for revival.

Brethren, l believe it was Charles Finney who said that Christians who are not in a state of revival, are much more to blame than the lost for not being saved.

I believe that it is the great need of today, that we are on our knees and preparing ourselves for our own revival, before we are equipped to intercede for others.

Scripture is clear "O Lord, who may abide in your tent? Who may dwell on your Holy hill? Those who walk blamelessly and do what is right and speak the truth from their heart. PS. 15:1-2.

It is speaking of those who have a pure heart and walk in holiness. Now God does hear those who 'regard iniquity in their hearts' PS. 66:8 and does 'hear them' though the Psalmist says He does not, but l believe that it is out of His mercy alone, and not because the requester is in a position to move the Hand of God. We cannot expect God to hear the prayers of sinners unless it is to save them from sin that is, to revive them.

How many these days are crying out to God, alone and in groups, for revival and have been doing so for many many years? It seems that God does not hear, in these desperate days where the love of many has grown cold and our enemy is at present invading our borders.

We may console ourselves with the thought that there is no iniquity in our heart, but this is the thing that comes forth in revivals, the lukewarmness of His people who have fallen from their first love.

I do not think that the Lord answers prayers for revival, where the requesters lack the power to break through the powers of the air due to them giving place to Satan themselves because of their compromise with sin. They may be so blinded that they do not even see their sins anymore.

We need to humble ourselves and 'prepare the channels' putting right all of the things that the Lord will convict us of if we come to Him sincerely with that aim.

'O Lord, you will hear the desire of the meek. You will strengthen their hearts, you will incline your ear, to do justice for the orphan, and the oppressed so that those for on earth may strike terror no more' PS. 10:17-18.

I know my need is to be revived myself, and l am convicted that this is my priority, so that l will be able to boldly approach the throne one of grace but l have not succeeded in finding anyone who will pray with me, rather than concentrating on asking for revival for 'them'.

There is a price to pray for ones revival and unless one us willing to put Christ first, and be willing to lose the good standing we have with friends and neighbours, even with our family, willing to lose our reputation and even our ministries, lose all our worldly goods, then we plead in vain.

It may make us feel better about ourselves to be praying for revival, without really seeing what God requires. May He have mercy on us all.

Brenda

2016/4/25 4:19
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Please contact me at [email protected]
if any of you are interested in praying for
our cities.

I will be in touch with Brother Blaine, who
will be leading these meetings.

This is not about promoting anyone's
ministry, but it is an effort at facilitating
prayer for revival in our cities.

2016/4/25 13:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
by brenda7 on 2016/4/25 4:19:58

Brethren, I believe it was Charles Finney who said that Christians who are not in a state of revival, are much more to blame than the lost for not being saved.

I believe that it is the great need of today, that we are on our knees and preparing ourselves for our own revival, before we are equipped to intercede for others.

Scripture is clear "O Lord, who may abide in your tent? Who may dwell on your Holy hill? Those who walk blamelessly and do what is right and speak the truth from their heart. PS. 15:1-2.

It is speaking of those who have a pure heart and walk in holiness. Now God does hear those who 'regard iniquity in their hearts' PS. 66:8 and does 'hear them' though the Psalmist says He does not, but l believe that it is out of His mercy alone, and not because the requester is in a position to move the Hand of God. We cannot expect God to hear the prayers of sinners unless it is to save them from sin that is, to revive them.

How many these days are crying out to God, alone and in groups, for revival and have been doing so for many many years? It seems that God does not hear, in these desperate days where the love of many has grown cold and our enemy is at present invading our borders.

We may console ourselves with the thought that there is no iniquity in our heart, but this is the thing that comes forth in revivals, the lukewarmness of His people who have fallen from their first love.

I do not think that the Lord answers prayers for revival, where the requesters lack the power to break through the powers of the air due to them giving place to Satan themselves because of their compromise with sin. They may be so blinded that they do not even see their sins anymore.

We need to humble ourselves and 'prepare the channels' putting right all of the things that the Lord will convict us of if we come to Him sincerely with that aim.

'O Lord, you will hear the desire of the meek. You will strengthen their hearts, you will incline your ear, to do justice for the orphan, and the oppressed so that those for on earth may strike terror no more' PS. 10:17-18.

I know my need is to be revived myself, and l am convicted that this is my priority, so that l will be able to boldly approach the throne one of grace but l have not succeeded in finding anyone who will pray with me, rather than concentrating on asking for revival for 'them'.

There is a price to pray for ones revival and unless one us willing to put Christ first, and be willing to lose the good standing we have with friends and neighbours, even with our family, willing to lose our reputation and even our ministries, lose all our worldly goods, then we plead in vain.

Straight from the heart of God. Thank you!

2016/4/25 13:56

Re:

Thank you J for all of your encouragement.

2016/4/25 14:47
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

Hello Brother
I am interested and another sister..
Right now there is a phone outage in USA.. NorthernNY where I live. Im praying it will be reinstated.
In Christ
eagleflying (:Frannie

2016/4/30 13:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy