SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Prayer For Our Cities?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Prayer For Our Cities?

Hello Saints,
I wanted to put forth an idea about maybe a few of us saints getting together once a week for prayer, specifically for revival in our own cities. I know bro. Neil has mentioned his burden for the area he lives in, and the Lord has given me a burden for my city. Does anyone else have a God-given burden for their neighborhood, area or city? We can pray for our nation, but the US is made of neighborhoods, towns, cities, and states. Heaven-sent Revival in 1 town or city will spread to others as it has in the past. As Bro. Ravenhill said once, you don't need to advertise a fire!
We have telephones, skype, and probably other resources that I don't even know of that can be utilized.

What do you think about this, brothers and sisters?

2016/4/23 11:25Profile
docs

Re: Prayer For Our Cities?

I'm getting busier it seems as I am trying to do a new thing I believe the Lord is leading me to embrace. But your idea is as good a idea or inspiration as could be out there right now. Defintely worth looking into and pursuing. We have been having some meetings here about once a month here in Bemidji, MN where we get together with no agenda but to worship and it usually ends up in prayer and intercession for our city and nation. The blessing I am finding these days is not in the Sunday church meetings, good as they are, but in the somewhat smaller worshiping praying groups of saints who get together. Our cities and nation is in DESPERATE STRAITS only prayer can relieve as people return to God.

2016/4/23 12:48Profile
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Re:

Yes brother, the operative word is "desperate". Are we hungry and desperate enough to plead with God for true revival?? If we are not, we can ask Him for that burden. The Lord needs intercessors. I praise God for the small group of praying saints you are a part of. May He multiply the number of praying saints exceedingly in our nation.

2016/4/23 14:51Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Prayer For Our Cities?

Hi Renee,

This is an excellent idea that you have suggested, and is one that our prayer group has been doing for many years now. We pray for revival to come first to the Church. We know that judgment must begin with the House of God, and if we would judge ourselves, then we would not be judged by the Lord. We pray for our cities, state, nation, and Israel. We pray for whatever the Lord puts on our hearts such as the persecuted church.

I could give you many testimonies of what the Lord has done in specific areas that we have prayed for. We have seen abortions greatly decrease in our state, and the possibility of the closure of the remaining abortion clinics.

There are many prayer movements going on throughout the nation in an attempt to mobilize prayer groups throughout the nation to pray for revival, and for specific urgent areas where prayer is desperately needed.

There is an App called "Give Him Fifteen" that you can download on your phone that has a daily prayer devotion along with a prayer that is very good. One of the recent prayer devotionals was on "praying for our neighborhoods."

There is another good prayer devotional called "Pray As One", which is an excellent prayer devotional bringing unified prayer across the nation. Many of the prayer devotionals are written by Dr. David Butts, who has written articles for "Herald of His Coming", and was this excellent paper's chief editor at one time. Unlike some that are resigned to this nation being destroyed by the powers of darkness and have lost all hope in a revival and awakening coming to our nation, there are thousands of believers, intercessors, and prayer warriors that are contending for revival, fighting the good fight, and standing in the gap.

We do not know how to pray as we ought to, but the Holy Spirit intercedes through the saints so that we will be able to pray the perfect will of God in anything that we are interceding for.

God is looking for intercessors that will stand in the gap and make up the hedge, because He would rather show mercy than judgment, and our prayer is that in His wrath, that He would remember mercy.

It has been my experience that it is much easier to get Christians together to pray that have a burden, than it is to get a group of pastors to unite in prayer. But wherever, you do find pastors coming together to pray for their cities, there has been amazing results.

2016/4/23 16:51Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I wanted to put forth an idea about maybe a few of us saints getting together once a week for prayer, specifically for revival in our own cities. I know bro. Neil has mentioned his burden for the area he lives in, and the Lord has given me a burden for my city. Does anyone else have a God-given burden for their neighborhood, area or city? We can pray for our nation, but the US is made of neighborhoods, towns, cities, and states. Heaven-sent Revival in 1 town or city will spread to others as it has in the past. As Bro. Ravenhill said once, you don't need to advertise a fire!

Dear brother,

This is an excellent idea. We have been encouraging this type of thinking of saints to come together from all different denominational backgrounds to see the Lord together for empowering of the Holy Spirit and Revival. And to encourage each other to be lights and missionaries in their areas. We have certain gathering meetings coming up to encourage saints to connect together and even start a consistent meeting where prayer and sharing of the Word can be practiced: www.gfel.org

prayer is the foundation of any gathering of saints: https://ia600202.us.archive.org/28/items/principlesv4/63_Epilogue.pdf

2016/4/24 7:18Profile
jujashan4

Re:

Can't see the Australian cities there :-)

2016/4/24 7:47Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"But you shall receive power after the Holy Ghost has come upon you: and you shall be my witnesses to me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and to the uttermost part of the earth." (Acts 1:8).

Sometimes, we pray for the world to be saved, and forget that our next door neighbor needs the Lord.

Often, it is much better to meet for prayer in a home or a neutral place than in a church. I remember during the move of the Holy Spirit on most every denomination in the early 70's that prayer was spontaneous. There were believers gathering from every denomination to join together for prayer. The Priest that married my wife and I was baptized in the Holy Spirit and was invited to speak in an AOG church. The Full Gospel Businessmen would meet, and there were men and women from all denominations at these meetings.

Home meetings are an excellent way to have fellowship over a meal, pray, and read the Word. Many people that do not ordinarily attend church will come to eat a meal, and to have their needs prayed for.

We can't organize a move of the Spirit, but we can pray, and the Holy Spirit will move on the hearts of those that we are praying for. It is time that we take our Christianity out of the Church building into our neighborhoods, into the local store that we shop at, wherever we go. Christ is in us, and He wants to touch people through us. My wife has been gifted with an amazing prophetic gift, and many times the Lord will lead her to a total stranger in a store or restaurant, and after a few minutes she is often praying for someone because the door was opened through the revelation that she received from the Lord concerning that person. If we walk in love for people and show genuine concern for their needs, the Lord will open a door that will allow us to pray for them, and share Christ with them.

2016/4/24 8:50Profile
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Re:

Thank you for the information, Greg. Do you have any details on the gathering in Atlanta on June 18th? I would like to pass on that info to the fellowship I attend.

2016/4/24 16:15Profile

Re: Prayer Call Possibly

If anyone is serious about praying for a movement of God's Spirit. I have a prayer conference call number I can put at our disposal. It is the conference call number I use for Persecution Watch.

Presently the number is tied up for Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday nights. Also the number is used every other Friday for a fellowship call.

However Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday nights are open to use the conference call number. Then I will be glad to make this number available to those who was so desire to pray for revival and a movement of God's spirit in our cities.

If anyone is interested we can even pray tonight. Please respond in this thread if there is an interest. Then I can post the conference call number and access code.

Also I will post my email after my signature. You can contact me via email if you would like to have such a call.

Brothers and sisters just offering this as an option. Sometimes it is hard to find people in our respective communities to pray as a group. Although a physical group is definitely a better option. Just offering a prayer conference call number as another option.

Bro Blaine
[email protected]

2016/4/24 18:34
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Re:

Bro Blaine,
I am available at any time, whatever day. Just let me know if others are interested.

2016/4/24 20:10Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy