SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Sadhu Sundhar Singh on Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
brothagary

Re:

Yea I'm hearing ya,,,but also I notice how much it takes to say lord please give me bread ,,,and compare that to Christ teaching on prayer for the holy spirits fillings which he taught to press in for and continue asking ,,if I may say till that place was shaken as in the acts of the apostals ...

Not try to take away from the idea of petitions ,,but the lord what we need before we ask ,so seek the kingdom and all things will be added to us ,

I'm sure we can spend more time seeking the kingdom ,and less times praying through a list that takes an hour ,. A literal written paper list of needs

Do you have the faith to just lay the list of needs upon the alter so to speak ,and say amen thank you lord ,and exacise faith ,and then we can spend the next 45 mins out of the hour, seeking his kingdom spirit and his righteousness ,,,,,,,

I know you have that kind of faith imspeaking rhetoric .

Lord please give us this day our daily bread ,,and please answer our pray list scince you said it is your will if we abide ,,amen

Now let's get down to bisness,

2016/4/21 3:28Profile

Re:

Good stuff Brothers. Really feasting at the Lord's table. So when we are seeking first His kingdom. Is that essence seeking Jesus Himself?

As I am reading your posts the verse is coming to mind out of Luke. When Jesus says that the kingdom of God is within you. I am wondering if He is making reference to Himself. If so. Then it would make sense to seek Him and His righteousness. And He will surely take care of our needs. And that would be too certainly seek Him in prayer.

Brother Blaine

2016/4/21 5:53

Re: Give Me Jesus

I have been listening to Fernando Ortega, Give Me Jesus. Then realize. This is a prayer. Give Me Jesus. There is such a simplicity and purity in this prayer. Give Me Jesus.

Imagine if you will a father who has a child. How would that Father feel if that child kept coming to him saying dad give me this or I want that. The child would be pretty spoiled.

But imagine how that father's heart would be moved if the child came to him saying dad I love you. I want to be in your lap and just be with you. How that father's heart would delight to love that child. And imagine how that father would want to give that child whatever he needed.

How would God respond to us if we would just seek Him for who He is. Just want to be in His presence.

God bless Fernando Ortega for this beautiful song. Give Me Jesus.

Brother Blaine

2016/4/21 6:22
brothagary

Re:

Yep amen, just the simple broken wailing for more of Jesus , is the pray that I want the Holy Spirit to pray in me ,

2016/4/21 6:37Profile
brothagary

Re:

That is where the unspeakable joy is ..

Have you ever noticed that even when we have our most fullest experience in the Holy Spirit,,we at that time morn for more of him ,for us and for the fallen world ,with a broken joy of indescribable emotions,that produce a pure thanks giving ,,,,,,,,I want that ,,,every thing else seems like a waste of time if I don't get more of that ..........

What a Devine Delemer

2016/4/21 6:43Profile

Re:

Gary you are so right. I've been listening to the hymn Be Thou My Vision. Another beautiful expression of give me more of Jesus. Somehow when you're seeking Jesus. Nothing else really matters.

My heart is grieved over the countless hours of debating theology in this forum. God grant me that desire to simply focus and get more of Jesus.

But as I get more of Him. I get more of His heart and see His longing to reveal Himself to a broken sinful world.

Oh dear God give me more of Jesus.

Brother Blaine

2016/4/21 6:51
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

Amen! Thank you brothers for the blessing of what you've been sharing on this thread.

2016/4/21 12:51Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

"If eggs are not properly hatched they become rotten. So we too are in danger of perishing from sin. But we are being prepared and we shall fly from our shell into our heavenly home. Even animals know their master but we don't know our Creator. We cannot change His will but through prayer we can understand His will. What is necessary for His will, will be given to us to carry out His plans.

We are being changed. When the egg is being hatched it is changed; then, in time, the chick will become like the mother-bird. The liquid matter is changed until it becomes a young bird which becomes like its mother. In prayer we are being hatched and changed and prepared to be like Him. All eggs do not get hatched. They need the Mother's warmth. So too we need the baptism of the Holy Spirit to make us warm. We must receive the warmth and heat from Him in prayer."

2016/4/21 12:57Profile
Sree

Re:

Thank you sister for sharing. I do not think the point that Sadhu brings here is not to ask for earthly things to God in prayer. But it is to not be occupied with earthly things and miss the fellowship with father.

2016/4/21 14:39Profile

Re:

Gary writes.........

"Have you ever noticed that even when we have our most fullest experience in the Holy Spirit,,we at that time morn for more of him ,for us and for the fallen world ,with a broken joy of indescribable emotions,that produce a pure thanks giving ,,,,,,,,I want that ,,,every thing else seems like a waste of time if I don't get more of that .........."

Your right brother, if we dont have that then what is the point? Its kinda like 1 Cor 13, if we dont have love then what does anything else profit us?..............bro Frank

2016/4/21 14:50

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy