SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Meet the Baptist Transgender Preacher Who Talks to Angels

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Meet the Baptist Transgender Preacher Who Talks to Angels

Allyson Dylan Robinson is the first openly transgender ordained in the Baptist church. Donning long red hair and thick-rimmed glasses, he told the Alliance of Baptists he was a "white, straight, lower/upper middle class, European-descended man" when he first arrived at Baylor University's George W. Truett Theological Seminary.

As Robinson tells the story, he prayed for 30 years that God would change him and even tried deliverance ministry to find freedom. But God did not answer his prayers.

"I have known my entire life that the world was wrong about me, that on the day I was born, when the doctor took a cursory glance between my legs and authoritatively declared 'It's a boy,' he was wrong—dead wrong," Robinson said.

Robinson admits he was so miserable at one point that he contemplated suicide and concludes that "an angel of the Lord" named "Reason" kept him from taking the plunge into death.

After that experience with the voice, he became a woman, got re-ordained and proudly does church by his own rules despite what the Baptist denomination believes or what the Bible says.

from: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/watchman-on-the-wall/56575-meet-the-radical-baptist-transgender-preacher-who-talks-to-angels

2016/4/20 6:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Meet the Baptist Transgender Preacher Who Talks to Angels

This seems to be the denomination of baptist churches that accept transgender pastors: Alliance of Baptists http://allianceofbaptists.org

2016/4/20 6:07Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Any time a voice outside of yourself asks your heart a direct question, run. Don't answer it.

I am convinced that God does not ask us much of anything. I have learned that questions, especially "what if" questions, of this nature are -- at least in my experience -- not the voice of the Lord. Not saying never and not saying your experience is like mine or that it should be. But I can not recall any occasion where God spoke to me in a question unless it was to correct me. The questioner is Satan, "has God said?" The Bible says His Word is "yes" and "amen" and if He questions me then it is to reveal to me that I have no answer for Him. (I.e., "why dost thou persecute me?"). My response in such an instance is silence because I have no "strong reason" to bring Him, only my repentance and obedience.

2016/4/20 8:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

One reason for posting this news article, is that I was speaking with a baptist brother in a prayer time this last Monday and said it will just be time before the baptist denominations start to embrace homosexuality. And this morning I was shocked to read about this transgender pastor.

God help us in this great time of apostasy in North America.

2016/4/20 8:30Profile

Re:

Along with that Emergent Theology, New Contemplative Spirituality, False Mysticism, and of course the continuing Ecumenical spirit are taking over the Institutional Churches. I have been doing more investigation on the "IF Gathering", a group started by women for women and the leadership is made up of Catholics and non-Catholics involved in New Age, Emergent theology.

Ann Voskamp, author of 1,000 Gifts is very influential in the IF Gathering and my daughter reminded me that she was given her book by a relative about 4 years ago and after reading a bit of it, threw it away. It contains sexual language relating to communion with God which is just perversion cloaked in spirituality.

Jen Hatmaker is also influential in this movement.

The reason I am alerting everyone is my neighbor who is Calvinist and belongs to a Bible Church told us they are having IF Gatherings in their church and wanted to know if we knew anything about it, which we did not, but have been learning, quickly. My daughter who is moving to another city was thinking of going to a particular independent spirit-filled church on a recommendation from a friend, but found out that the Pastor's wife is leading an IF Gathering. So, this thing is spreading like wildfire and pretty much taken over the AOG denomination.

One thing I have noticed about some spirit-filled denominations is that they are always looking for the newest supernatural fad.

Here is a brief intro into the IF Gathering.
http://www.truthkeepers.com/?p=763

2016/4/20 8:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy