SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Michael Savage: “West Will Collapse” Without Christian Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Michael Savage: “West Will Collapse” Without Christian Revival

There has never been a successful and long-lasting atheistic civilization — and there never will be — is the opinion of many astute observers. And it’s also apparently the belief of radio giant Michael Savage, as he issued a dire warning on his Wednesday show.

“Unless Christianity receives a new enthusiasm that sweeps the Western world, and Christianity itself rises up against the forces against it,” he said, “the entire West will collapse in your lifetime.”

Savage, author of numerous best-selling books and host of the award-winning Savage Nation radio program, has long warned that the West is imperiled by "savages" from without and is being savaged by militant secularists within. Now, addressing the crux of the matter, Savage is adamant that the death of Christian belief portends the death of the West, as he said:
I can almost prove it. I can almost feel it. It’s palpable to me. ...

read more: http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/item/22984-michael-savage-west-will-collapse-without-christian-revival

2016/4/18 6:57Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: Michael Savage: “West Will Collapse” Without Christian Revival

I pray that Michael Savage will be revived, too, then. Awakened.

2016/4/18 7:17Profile
docs

Re: Past anb contemporary revivals and inner reservations

If we do not have a prolonged, old-fashioned revival, I believe this nation and the world are doomed! I say "old-fashioned" because the revivals of previous centuries carried with them fulsome repentance. They effected a return to moral and holy life-styles sadly missing in what passes for revival today. Somehow our conversion experiences seem to lack the shuddering lack of revulsion against sin which stirred those who earlier fled to the altar of God.

The 1910 revival in Wales so changed the miners that the beasts hauling the ore cars wouldn't budge - they no longer heard the cursing they had come to associate with orders. At the same time, police in many American cities suddenly had so little to do, they formed barbershop quartets to pass the time. Those revivals changed the moral character of entire regions. Unfortunantely, that is not so today.

Several years ago, Elijah House conducted a seminar on sexual problems. Every participant was born-anew. To open the proceedings, we handed out a survey list of forty-three questions. The participants were assured that total anonymity would protect the honesty of their answers. Among other questions, we asked whether they had committed fornication before marriage, and/or adultery afterwards. Over 50 percent admitted to fornication, the same for adultery; and most confessed to having committed both. Then we asked how many had committed the same sins after being born anew. Over 40 percent! That meant that belief in Christ had only effected a ten percent improvement in moral behavior! In similar surveys since then the results have been the same. Somehow the holiness of our Lord Jesus Christ has not yet come to abide in the hearts of many of today's born-anew Christians!

There must come a weeping before God and a crying out for true revival which can truly change the hearts of those who respond. As a counselor I know and teach that there must, after conversion, be a time of sanctification by daily death on the cross, but I also know unless their hearts are truly repentant and seeking to be made like Christ, men and women will not undergo the cost in pain to ferret out sin and die to it.

There must come a breaking. There must come a fire of love so deep that men can no longer stand to disgrace the Lord who loves them. There must be a move of the Holy Spirit upon the hearts of men so powerful and direct that they will moan with the weight of their sins and cry out in agony to be changed or die. There must be born a hatred of sin so compelling that men would rather give up life itself than do anything to dishonor the Name and the Law of God.

Put in the simplest of terms, our revivals in this day have lacked the "fire-power" to truly change the hearts of men. We have been like barkers in a side show, or like candy-store merchants, offering whatever goodies might entice people to receive Jesus. Too many have come to Jesus for what they can get, rather than for the love and honmor due to Him who saved us from hell. Though the ineffectiveness of conversions today is not the historical cause for sin among Christians - the shallowness is itself an effect of the other causes - nevertheless I believe true revival is the only answer - only a sufficently powerful move of the Spirit upon the hearts of men can grant them the inner strength to bear the cost of real change! Earlier revivals carried that depth. Perhaps herein lies the greatest historical change which has resulted in born-anew Christians continuing in sin as though they never had been reborn - their conversion has never yet become that deep and real!

Taken from "Why Some Christians Commit Adultery - Cause and Cures" - by John Sandford - copyright 1989. (END)

Docs: Maybe it's just me and I won't say that much because I'm not that qualified to do so. In a way though it seems some of the calls to people today to come and be saved is so they can get saved of course but it's like they're almost told you need to do this so you won't miss being able to get in on all the good stuff that's coming. Meaning, you can get saved and join in with us as we will be used to perform signs and wonders etc.and our fame will go abroad. I wonder if sometimes people who call for revival are doing it because it's popular to do so these days and if revival comes then their own church and fellowship or ministry would become known as "experiencing revival" and thier fame would go abroad instead of, "He went about all the cities preaching the gospel and healing many and HIS FAME was spread abroad." I don't know for sure. I'm just musing here. We've got to get "HIS FAME" being spread as our chief motivation and goal. At this point, I'm sincerely trying to figure out why I experience sort of a hesistancy on the inside when I hear calls for revival. I guess I've seen many things go on in churches where since there is no real revival we'll make these things happen and people start doing things because after all, this is what people do in revival. The authentic is not being birthed. I guess the Lakeland debacle is fresh in my mind because of the carnival atmosphere I saw on videos and and the way it ended when the chief revival preacher was exposed. In the Brownsville revival many many came and new buildings were built I was told and read. Then when "things" calmed down the five new buildings built had to be foreclosed on because the money and giving by the people dried up when "things" quit happening. I've heard that the leadership in the Brownsville fellowship changed five times after the revival. So I'm agreeing more and more we need a old fashioned revival but at the same time I have reservations as to what type of revivial it will be and that makes me feel hypocrtitical because we all should want revival. I'm just being honest.

Just Monday morning musings here probably in need of some adjustment and rethinking from others. But that's where I am at. Is the pure holiness of God going to be stressed in any revivals along with the fact this this holy God is the one we have sinned against? Or will the things going on take precedence? Whose fame are we after?

Apologies if any of this is offensive. I'll hush now.

Thank you and may you walk close with the Lord today.

2016/4/18 9:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

This post was made not because mr savage is a christian, he is not but that the secular prophets (as david wilkerson called them) are shouting much louder then the truth prophets of the Lord.

Where are the true godly brethren in the churches today warning believers of the dire place we are in as a nation? That was my intention and reason for posting the article. Find me a popular preacher on TV that is giving a message of warning of the place we are in and the need to seek God in prayer and repent of our wicked ways.

2016/4/18 14:02Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Yes, I understand. I still pray for Michael Savage to become a Christian. Good grief, if he sees that which he sees, he is a blink away from seeing the hopelessness of all nations and that all hope is in Jesus anyway. I think it is a stark admission and I pray God saves him.

2016/4/18 16:36Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Something I have noted in "Europe" is that people who just 10 years ago would not identified themselves with Christianity are now identifying with Christianity.

2016/4/18 18:04Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Colin,

This is news to me. Mind sharing some details?

Sandra

2016/4/18 22:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy