SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Had a dream about a great woman and a fierce beast last night!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Had a dream about a great woman and a fierce beast last night!!!

Hi everyone,
I am not one to have dreams too often and I do not dwell on end times stuff as you have probably gathered from my recent posts. Last night I preached at a church and God moved powerfully on many people in a way I have not seen for a long time. I am so thankful to the Lord for His annointing. So that is the backdrop. I went to bed quite late and in the middle of the night I had the following dream.

The dream began with me looking at images of a huge towering creature who was a women in appearance. Evil and menacing. She was thousands of feet tall, surrounded by clouds and smoke and flowing robes. I was either watching a video documentary talking of this creature or I was being shown an image of her. But I remember thinking she was the woman from Revelations and related to the end of days. I recall thinking that she was not going to show up anytime soon though.

Then the dream cut to real time so to speak. I was outside with my family and in the distance a long way off I saw a great towering entity surrounded by great darkness. It was this SAME WOMAN CREATURE I had seen in the previous part of the dream. She was terrifying to look at because of her great size and power. And she was crushing people before her. Many were running away in terror trying to escape.

I recall saying to myself..."ok this is it, this is happening a lot sooner than I thought...its time"!!!

But then I noticed another creature in front of the woman. This creature was smaller but still hundreds of feet high. It had a face like a skull, like death. And he was swinging a weapon and breathing a gas(?) or something was coming out of his mouth that was destroying people.

As I watched I saw him destroy people but it was almost selective. I got the impression that some were destroyed and some were left intact.

I gathered my kids and held them and told them that there was no need to run, that we had to just wait until it passed and trust the Lord.

Then I awoke. And I was trembling. This has really stuck with me, not in a fearful way of any kind, just a sense of urgency as if time is really, really, really short.

If any of you have any inkling of what this might mean please feel free to comment. But lets not get into any doctrinal arguments please:-)

2016/4/15 16:20

Re: Had a dream about a great woman and a fierce beast last night!!!

That's a pretty powerful dream there friend.

I believe that "a great beast" is coming sooner than you might expect (that part is pretty clear).

Could be showing a lot of things. I may share what beast I think is coming when it comes, but will pray about that first. Don't want to speak prematurely or get some big debate/argument started. Really I don't. So I will pray about that first.

One thing I am CONFIDENT of brother (from MANY dreams I have had in recent days & in speaking with people on the subject), is that things are happening on the time clock of God MUCH FASTER than I believe most people can actually see or will admit. That's why God gives prophetic insight (in dreams, visions, etc.) on these things. That's why Joseph in the OT was given the interpretation of Pharoah's dream, why Jesus' earthly father Joseph was given a dream to get up & go to Egypt, why Agabus was given a prophetic word that a famine was coming to Jerusalem, etc. To give God's people a prophetic insight from the one who knows the end from the beginning, so that hearts are prepared & not rattled, & sometimes so actual instructions/preparations can be made for the sustaining of God's plan for God's people.

The good thing is that God is speaking. Through His Word yes, but also through dreams & visions in these last days (I hear & know of personal testimonies DAILY from Muslims, Buddhists, Isreali Jews, & yes, even Americans, who you can't tell God doesn't do that anymore cause He is doing it for His purposes, confirming it, & even in some instances Sovereignly saving people through it) May we not be like those in the book of Job to whom "the Lord speaks in the night, in a riddle, but men don't perceive it."

God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/15 16:45

Re:

thanks brother Jeff,
"things are happening on the time clock of God MUCH FASTER than I believe most people can actually see or will admit."

This is exactly the impression I was left with after the dream.

I also had a dream a few years ago and I was standing in New York looking at the Dow Jones ticker and there was a boom and I heard a thunderbolt and lighting crack and the Dow display in New York went from 12000 (or whatever it was back then) and dropped like a rock to 00000. And then I heard a voice speak

"For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be."

2016/4/15 17:11
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Wow! Brother Mark, were you Preachin? Mr. Bill needs to come over there and get some of that on him. I'm out by the Horse Race Track, N/W side of the big city. Mr. Bill has multiple dreams everynight, but then again I'm an old dude, the word say's us old dudes will be dreaming.

2016/4/15 17:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

"The dream began with me seeing images of a huge towering creature who was a women in appearance. Evil and menacing."

Well, Hillary has been in the news a lot lately.

I definitely believe that dreams can come from the Lord. I have had three that I would say for sure were from the Lord. Obviously not all dreams are from the Lord.

I heard a dream expert one time explain that when we dream, it is almost always "pieced together" by something we had experienced or seen in the prior 24 hrs. She was saying that our mind creates dreams out of pieces of information. The brain tries to create a story out of incongruous pieces of information which is why sometimes dreams seem nonsensical or strange things seem to happen. I think there is some truth in that.

I also think that sometimes, especially in God dreams, that the impression we are left with is more important than the actual content of the dream. In your dream you came out of it with a sense of urgency. That is the message of the dream; I think trying to interpret the pieces is fraught with difficulty.

2016/4/15 18:11Profile

Re:

MrBill,
The way the language reads (in Hebrew) in Joel there is just a way of saying God will be giving dreams & visions to old, young, male & female.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/15 18:17

Re:

TMK,
As Once a Psych major & a Philosophy minor, I used to believe as you explained someone did concerning dreams. But I don't now. That doesn't fit the Biblical explanation of dreams. I am going to post a great article that a leader/teaching brother in our fellowship wrote way back titled "was it just bad pizza?" It's not short, but WELL WORTH the read, so I'll create another post.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/15 18:23

Re:

And, For some of the best dream interpretation teaching I have seen, go on YouTube & look at the late John Paul Jackson's "Dreamipedia" videos.

2016/4/15 19:32
staff

Hi Awakened,
Dreams are very important in the bible and should be taken seriously.
Interestingly we take visions far more seriously than dreams and I think the reason is this,church people can have visions and dreams but non saved only have dreams.Non saved people interpret dreams as saved people do also(in a different way).
So because non saved and saved have dreams and interpret we wrongly I believe shy away from putting dreams in their rightful place,
Yours Staff

2016/4/15 19:44Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Jeffmar
Thats interesting about Joel could you elaborate as to why its interpreted differently into english?
Thanks for post
Yours Staff

2016/4/15 19:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy