SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A call to Repentance

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Lahry
roger that...

2005/5/22 17:41Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro dohzman
that's all He told me to say and I said it. I couldn't very well add anything else without inviting trouble on myself. Perhaps in time God will place another component of this message upon my spirit?

2005/5/22 17:44Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Warning

Thanks Lahry, Dohzman,

Coming on the heels of the long discussion of this whole realm... Felt it was more prudent to sit back and say nothing when this first came up.

It needs to be reiterated strongly and considered just what you are doing here IRONMAN. Do you understand and realize the very weight of those four words? This is exactely why the putting you through the motions earlier in the previous thread. Is it because we have a certain bent against this or is it out of concern? Will we truly bring to bear the test necessary or hold back not to offend anyone?

This does not bear witness with my spirit, even after letting go of whatever preconcieved thoughts I may have had and honestly had not completely discounted the possibility that you are what you may percieve the Lord is or has been telling you. I do understand the leading of the Holy Spirit and yet also the leading of the flesh and all it's inherent confusion, not to mention the advesaries and his minions tactics, which can be very, very close to the truth.

If there is anywhere to inject doubt it would be with your own thought's, I believe it to be very healthy thing to do so. But do not let that be confused with faith or the prompting of the spirit. Surely that will sound like profound double speak, but consider, seriously consider what your own brethren are exhorting here, it is not from malice nor contention but for your own and others welfare.

Those four words ought not to be spoken unless you know beyond a shadow of a doubt just what they carry and especially if you are to bring them to bear here amongst serious saints. What you do not see and as it has been alluded to is that there are many already in this state of being and just as surely some that may be in no need of repentance at this time. Surely there is an end to specific repentance no? What of Dohzmans and Lahry's thought's?

Do you see what is at stake here? That you are proclaiming that the Lord is [i]saying[/i] these very words, not supposing and perhaps or this is what I believe the Lord is saying but ..."Thus sayeth..." The very God of the universe is telling us all these very words!? Are you [i]sure[/i] of it?

And of all the places why here? Where a great many already are broken and busted up inwardly...This just doesn't jive. Take it to the streets, take it to Creeflo Dollar, take it to whoever it is that needs to really hear it. This is not pride I am speaking of, but why in the world would we need to hear a message that we already are familiar with in the deepest part's of our beings...

You are on some very dangerous ground here.

Praying

2005/5/22 17:55Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Dohzman
again, i spoke only what God said, nothing more or less. Those who walk in the spirit all the time won't receive God's wrath. i agree notall those who are dying are livivng a life that displeases GOd hence i mentioned to bro Lahry that those who are dying or suffering IN GOD'S SERVICE are suffering the wrath of the enemy.

as far as the pronouncements go, i can be as specific as God lets me. i can't add anything else or take anything from what He wants to say through me coz that corrupts the message. what God needs me to do is to just speak whatever He places on me, nothing more or less. i'm sure that at some point God will place the message of the rewards of mercy and comfort in time, but He hasn't as yet.Right now He just wanted to say through me the need for repentance. Perhaps without repentance we can't receive the gifts of mercy?

2005/5/22 18:04Profile
IRONMAN

Re: Warning

bro Mike
before i typed those words i went back and forth with God about it. I didn't want to do it. i mean i felt like "why should i say it?why should anyone listen?isn't this preaching to the choir?" Eventually i did as i was told. He made it clear to me what He wanted to say through me and even humored my initial refusal. I have experienced being led astray by the enemy and God has revealed that to me and rebuked me for it. Perhaps my initial refusal to write this was more out of caution so i could avoid rebuke again. But God made it abundantly clear that's what He wanted me to do.

i know and appreciate you concern in this and i thank you bro Mike, Lahry and Dohzman. At first when i read your post bro Mike i was rather unsettled i must say. God reassured me beyond any doubt it was what He wanted me to say. i wondered why God would say this through me at this time in this place to the choir so to speak. Maybe sometimes the choir (all of us) needs this more than it realizes. It doesn't make much sense to me either but then again it probably made no sense to Noah to build an ark when it wasn't raining.

Again, i spoke only what God said. I'm sure at some point He will have me out in the streets but for whatever reason, He instructed me to start here. Perhaps the purging of the world requires that the saints themselves be purified first.

2005/5/22 18:37Profile
roadsign

Re: repentance

Quote:
Perhaps the purging of the world requires that the saints themselves be purified first.

"Judgment begins in the house of God."

Yes, Son of Thunder, there is a great need for repentance - and I'm no exception. I fully admit that I do not love the Lord with ALL my heart, ALL my mind, ALL my soul. I have idolatrous trusts and rival loves. Only the Spirit can bring them into my conscious awareness, and lead me to deeper repentance. I submit to him to purge my faith through refining trials.

PS I noticed that you did not respond to my earlier post - in which I asked if you'd mind sharing your own journey through repentance? Maybe that is not my business, but I must admit that, to me, the walk speaks more FORCEFULLY than the talk. Why not speak with THUNDER?
Diane

2005/5/22 19:13Profile
Spitfire

Re: confused

I guess I don't really understand the controversy here. Are we saying that Ironman shouldn't have posted a message of repentance or that he shouldn't have prefaced it with "thus saith the Lord"? Can someone help me understand the debate?

2005/5/22 19:23Profile
dohzman

Re:

I have no problem with any "thus saith the Lord", but the Word of God says The spiritual man judges all things, and again the spirit of the prophets are subject unto the prophets. In scripture we see the warnings of God on an idolatrous people who became heavy laden in thier sin, but with those warnings came the olive branch of mercy and grace too.That runs throughout the Bible and is very important. If I can say something to either weaken or take away HOPE, or motivate you out of anything besides love and faith , I can destroy you and bring your walk in Christ to a halt.You will do things out of the flesh. So while that's a warning, possibly, its neither sound in its terms-----wrath-----nor is it complete. Holiness is equal to completeness, so let me ask you, where is the completeness, where is the mercy and grace? Would a God who has justified us by the cross of Christ turn around and condemn us with his wrath? Bro. Spitfire ,read it again and think---if this is the only word God is speaking here to the individuals on this board, is that a valid word? should we put it to the test? How do we judge it? How do we rightly divide this word?When ever prophesy comes forth it needs to be judged, thats the pattern in the NT. That's how the body of Jesus' Christ stays safe and healthy.

2005/5/22 21:36Profile
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
The time has come to turn from it lest we suffer His wrath. Let us all repent.

The children of God through Jesus Christ are not numbered with those who recieve God's wrath.Look at Ps7:11 God is a righteous judge; and God is angry with evildoers every day.(literal translation)Psa 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.(KJV)
I do believe the message of repentance and holiness but it's the Lord's desire to move His people forward from there onto the fullness of the Lord Jesus Christ.

2005/5/22 22:10Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Where are we going with this

To Ironman,

If this is what the Lord told you 'nothing more nothing less', then I suggest you read 1 Kings 13. I think it may help you in this situation.
Either it was from the Lord or not, so rest easy, did he tell you to defend yourself?

This is either this is a public forum, or it isn't. If there is a problem with a prophet, speaking what they believe the Lord has told them, then we need to say so very clearly, straight out, and right at the beginning so we all know where we stand.

I can handle testing the message, thats in the bible. So, if, like one of the posters said 'there is no witness' thats great, if someone says yes, well then thats great to. Who among us is recognised as a 'prophetic voice' on this forum? Knowone that I know of. So this is the problem that we have. So Ironman, you word will be judged by the church.

Does this make sense? I'm trying to say allot of things in little words.

2005/5/23 0:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy