SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why do so few get involved in discussions on Sermon Index???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Good word Brother Mark. Mark, I'm not bashful about admitting, I don't know the word even close to a lots of folks here, would I like to? of course. The problem trying to learn the word here is, it's very easy to get confused for someone like me when the "debates" for lack of a better word, get heated. Mark although I don't like this word "baby christian" I'm not a baby christian, I just have a problem reading, understanding, and keeping the word in my memory banks. Now if you want to talk Air Conditioning, we can have a good discussion. Speaking of "Baby Christians" that might better fit the ones that bully.

2016/4/9 12:40Profile

Re:

I hear you brother Bill...and yes, btw, I actually do want to talk air-conditioning lol. I am building a cabin on my property and may need to pick your brain about ac choices. I will contact you...maybe grab a coffee one of these days?

2016/4/9 12:45
onemite

Re:

I have to agree that posting is not for the faint of heart.

I have been challenged beyond my energy to defend my reasoning, and felt I was way in over my head.

Of course, I do want to accept correction. I'm not saying a challenge isn't sometimes a good thing!

Other times, I have responded here and there but felt invisible. That very statement reveals insecurity!

I have posted when I felt a burning to share something of mine to encourage, but I try to keep it minimal too. The things I have felt so bold to post on a public forum have most often been the things that I am most passionate about- the things that I have experienced first hand and are the areas that God has touched me so deeply that words seem to diminish their depth.

If Im honest, when I have created my own posts, it was because I was in need of something from others in the family of God, whether looking for validation, approval,encouragement, because I was lonely,or just needed a word to help me fan the flame within me. Some reasons are good. Some are not so good.
I try to keep myself in check so that I don't fall into what I call "the lonely trap" which is talking about God in order to fill a longing that is never filled, instead of talking in a way that cultivates or a deeper hunger and longing for Him and His righteousness. I just want to become a better Christian. I want to know how to apply God's truth to my practical everyday walk in life.

I often read posts about happenings in the world and keep my thoughts to myself, not only because I believe that my opinions are unpopular, but because I have lived in places where it is dangerous to be a Christian and I continue to travel so I don't feel I can freely, safely post on many topics but I love Sermonindex because I see that discretion and discernment have been used to determine what learning material- videos and text sermons would be posted.

My lack of participation here has nothing to do with anybody here.:) You are all great. I enjoy reading through your posts and even seeing how you all manage your disagreements.

Hope you all have a great day. It's been nice being part of this thread!

Onemite.

2016/4/9 12:54Profile

Re:

I haven't felt any desire to join in recent conversations, as l do not wish to waste my time on matters which are purely conjecture. I just have no interest in what might or might not happen in the future. What happens today is enough for me. Time for involvement does also depend on my health and energy and recently l have been having a health crisis.

2016/4/9 12:57
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

The gracious and merciful Lord Christ Jesus be with you in Spirit and in Truth, dear brother Awakened.

I was just about to get dressed for another work shift, and so this came to my mind maybe 2 minutes before I came to my pc and saw your post - "I am getting behind on a few things that I feel greatly compelled to post on this site for the glory of God and the benefit of the brothers and sisters that are in Christ, the suffering saints, and the discouraged." Then, my heart seemed to sink low and tears began to flow from my eyes - "Lord, be merciful to me a sinner".

By the grace of God, I will post a few things this weekend, as well as my week-late, "The Apprentice and the Hollandaise Sauce" for brother Jeff Marshall.

The Lord be with you all this weekend. Let us draw nigh unto Him, and He will draw nigh unto us. For He works in us both to will and to do according to HIS good pleasure. Oh, what an amazing God we serve, that will we were yet sinners, Christ died for the ungodly.

2016/4/9 13:06Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

As you might see I am not someone who it "quiet" in posting but than again numbers can be very deceiving. The times I have posted go through seasons. Sometimes more often as GOD gives leading other times not at all...

I post in the devotional thread often, in fact over the last few years that is where I post most of the time. I try to respond to prayer requests as the LORD leads but I don't get caught up in discussion very often. I will admit most of the time things discussed go right over my head. When I read a post I ask myself will taking part benefit me/others in my walk? Will it help any others or me to grow closer to JESUS? Most times the answer is no so I just don't post to those discussions.

In all honestly I don't really look at the numbers though:)
I just always try to look to the LORD and see what HE has for me in a post and what HE is leading me to do...

God Bless
mj

2016/4/9 13:09Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Why do so few get involved in discussions on Sermon Index???

Personally, I only post after prayer. If the Spirit does not bear witness that I should open a thread or stir a response I am silent.

There have been a couple times where I have entered into a discussion in the flesh and seem it eat up my time. I have had to apologize for my poor witness. I know that sometimes I have delayed posting because I am fearful of my words cutting wrongly and sought confirmation from the Lord for several hours.

There have also been several times where God has given me grace by preventing posting through my browser crashing, login cookie expiring, servers going down or even my internet connection failing.

2016/4/9 13:09Profile

Re: Onemite

Hi brother/sister? (not sure sorry)

I like what you said here, "I just want to become a better Christian. I want to know how to apply God's truth to my practical everyday walk in life."

This forum is helpful in different ways to different people but I think the greatest help has to be what you mentioned. Unfortunately, historically speaking - the busiest posts have little to do with how one can practically improve on ones everyday walk with Christ.

I think this kind of open discussion and honesty goes a long way to fixing that. If we can work on how we discuss matters as believers online, then we can hopefully work on improving in our real life relationships too. God has and will continue to use this forum for that means, if we will continue to be honest and transparent and humble with one another.

2016/4/9 13:45

Re: Brenda

"I just have no interest in what might or might not happen in the future. What happens today is enough for me."

Amen sister Brenda, this is one of the main reasons I left facebook...end times and current events DOMINATE the christian community on facebook. Or maybe its just the friends I kept lol.

2016/4/9 13:46

Re:

Praising the Lord with you brother Richie..."Oh, what an amazing God we serve."

2016/4/9 13:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy