SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Who is Mystery Babylon?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

For us Christians who are members of the body of Christ what is most important when we study the end times and the last things is that Jesus Christ is comming again as King of kings and Lord of lords. We need to take heed of the warnings of the Bible and not be deceived but be watchful and ready for our Bridegroom.

I don't worship an it, a doctrine of the second comming, I worship a living person and eternity will not be enough for me to express my humble gratitude to my Savior and to my heavenly Father and to the Holy Spirit, for saving a wretched sinner like me and making me fit for heaven by grace.

The Bible teaching about eschatology shapes my understanding of end times and second comming. I will drop any unbiblical opinion or prejudice that comes not from the Spirit of truth. I don't let any special school of thought, theological system shape my understanding of the sound biblical doctrine, even though they did in the past. To grow spiritually it means also to grow in the knowledge of God and as we know better God we will receive more light to understand better the biblical teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

I have learned to accept that when there are verses or passages in the Bible that I don't understand, to acknowledge that I don't understand it and search for light in understanding that passage. If a godly bible teacher will give to that passage a sound biblical interpretation and shed light to it I will accept it. Zac Poonen for example has been a great influence on me because he is not only a godly man but a very faithful and sound biblical teacher.

We have to be careful not to get caught up in vain arguments and about different doctrines of the Scriptures and lose sight of Christ. And when we interprete the Scriptures we should use our enlighted understanding that comes from the Holy Spirit and also interprete Scripture with Scripture and always apply sound biblical principals of interpretation to understanding the Scriptures. Unless there is a figurative language used, we should interpret the Scriptures in its literal, normal and natural sense. Also especially in the OT we need to interpret it in the light of the NT. An example is the Song of Solomon, it's literal interpretation applied to Solomon and Shulamite who was a shepherdess wooed by King Solomon and Solomon wrote a lyrical poem about their love story. Many Christians today give a spiritual or allegorical interpretation of Song of Songs as representing the love story between Christ and the Church and this is true in a spiritual sense, we are the Bride of Christ betrothed to Him and waiting to be married to Him when He comes back for his Bride.

2016/4/8 1:02Profile
a-servant

Re:

savannah: "What great city? - The same" great city" mentioned six chapters before."

Nope, one is about a great city, the other is about a great city that is identified as Babylon, 2 contexts

Revelation 11:8  And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

dead bodies are lying in the street of the great city

vs.

Revelation 18:21  And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

nobody is lying in any street, no more streets, no city

Greater context questions:

Is Jerusalem identified as Babylon anywhere or the Lady of the Kingdoms?

Does Jerusalem have a deep water port for merchant sailors?

Does Jerusalem have multiple deep water ports along its coast lines?

Did Jerusalem made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication?

Is Jerusalem known for its cattle, and goods, and fine merchandise, and delicacies, and pharmaceuticals, AKA sorceries?

Did Jerusalem initiate the United Nations world governance?

Is Jerusalem the economic center of the world?

2016/4/8 5:41Profile
brothagary

Re:

A question ,,,,,,who are the Harlets ,,we have the mother of Harlets ,,,who are the children

2016/4/8 5:54Profile
a-servant

Re:

Revelation 14:8  And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

--> she made all nations drink, mom pushes her wine unto her mental and spiritual offspring

Jeremiah 51:7  Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD'S hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.

--> all nations drunken of her wine, now they are mad

Like mom, so are the kids. Of course the kids will wake up at one point and realize that, and be angry with mom.

Let's be a bit more specific, from international obscurity to some specifics, I just read an interesting statement:

"Freemasonry is a big deal in the Southern Baptists, you pretty well have to be one to get a job as a Pastor because of the local boards. Sad situation. A group tried to do something about this fifteen or twenty years ago, got a good resolution passed on Freemasonry. The resolution and it's supporting documents disappeared from the Southern Baptist main website a few years ago."

Maybe that's something to start looking at when considering some of mom's direct offspring, after you realize that "Of the 3.5 million Masons in the U.S. 1.3 million are Southern Baptists." according to:
wayoflife.org/database/whynotsbc.html

above author also explains why both are incompatible, but still live together

But Masons can also be Christians? No, check:
Why Freemasonry is not compatible with faith in Jesus Christ by James L. Holly

But some masons are just deceived about that, basically they are and remain Christian? Needs a bit research to answer that with absolute certainty. But it is possible to answer that question, after reading a few articles here:
cuttingedge.org/fmcorner.html

Now imagine someone tries to merge Christianity with a pagan mystery religion that really cares only about Lucifer at level 30 degrees and above, and pushes that around the globe, just because they can, until all nations are drunk on it as well. And the label will say "Christianity" and inside it's the direct opposite. Preparing the way for the final deception that is much more complex than Nero ever attempted. These are the real endtimes, and we need to get prepared, because without direct guidance of the Holy Spirit nobody has any chance to get through this mess.

2016/4/11 7:45Profile

Re:

In this hour it is no longer a Mystery. The United States is Babylon the Great.

marcmc

2016/4/11 9:09
dohzman

Re:

I personally do not agree or disagree on the whole freemasonry thing but from a practical stand point New York City is the only literal location that fits the bill of Babylon in this present age.

2016/4/11 9:14Profile

Re:

Quote:
Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine (false doctrine) of the wrath of her fornication (spiritual adultery).

Comments in parentheses added by me.

WINE AND STRONG DRINK in the Bible is a metaphor for false doctrine.

Whoredom (spiritual adultery) and wine (false doctrine).

Read in context:

Isaiah 28:7-14

But they also have ERRED THROUGH WINE, and through STRONG DRINK are out of the way; THE PRIEST AND THE PROPHET HAVE ERRED THROUGH STRONG DRINK, they are swallowed up of WINE, they are out of the way through STRONG DRINK; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment. For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

(Isa 19:14 The LORD hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.)

WHOM SHALL HE TEACH KNOWLEDGE? and whom shall he make to understand DOCTRINE? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

WHEREFORE HEAR THE WORD OF THE LORD, he SCORNFUL MEN that rule this people which is in Jerusalem. (They scorn the Word of the Lord and fall into error. They love to have their ears itched with false doctrine).

"Deep Sleep" = Spiritual Slumber
Here, the Holy Spirit actually tells us that it is not literal wine that has caused them to sleep. False doctrine!

"Drunken" - filled with false doctrine, brazen, arrogant, scornful against the true Word of the Lord.

Isa 29:9 Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are DRUNKEN, BUT NOT WITH WINE; they stagger, BUT NOT WITH STRONG DRINK.
Isa 29:10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep (spiritual slumber), and hath closed your eyes (spiritual eyes): the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.

They cannot understand the Word of God.
Isa 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed (They cannot understand, prideful heart and false doctrine has blinded them):

Mark 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

2016/4/11 9:28
dohzman

Re:

Didn't some one just recently post a David Wilkerson prophesy on the endtime church movement that would encompass all faiths? into one big covering under the name of charity?

Just a thought: The doctrine of America is freedom and prosperity, there is nothing in the Word of God that says that the Doctrine coming out of Babylon has to be false christianity. Is the glass half empty or half full? Do we approach the Word of God when we read it listening or with a preconceived idea on what it means based on what others centuries before told us it means?

2016/4/11 10:13Profile

Re:

Who is the ruler of the "City of God"?

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto THE CITY OF THE LIVING GOD, the HEAVENLY JERUSALEM, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Who is the ruler of the "Great City Babylon"?

Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is THAT GREAT CITY, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Rev 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Any false doctrine that usurps the Word of God can be found in "THAT GREAT CITY".

2016/4/11 10:55

Re:

I used to think Mystery Babylon could be some Atherial still to come "UN led coalition of nations". I have listened to teaching to that ends. I have heard explanations of a "Revived Roman Empire" & how that supposedly "fits" for Mystery Babylon. Or America? I used to wonder if America wasn't Mystery Babylon? Very popular statement/teaching these days.

I no longer think this at all. One night Inwas reading these passages & thinking on these things & ran across a video on YouTube called: Babylon the Great & the caliph Antichrist. It blew my mind. And then just yesterday in fact I checked out an episode of "Joel's Underground, Episode 7, Where is the United States in Bible Prophecy?" from Joe Richardson. He goes right at the false notion that the USA (in its current or historical state) is "Mystery Babylon". He does it word by word, line by line, precept by precept from the Biblical texts themselves. And then shows plainly in the text that it speaks of being geographically located in "the wilderness" & that the Jews (& ancient Greeks which the NT was written in) CLEARLY defined Wilderness just like God did in the OT: as a desert. And on and on through the Biblical text to show that "Mystery Babylon" is pointing to what looks much more like Islam (centered on Mecca, a city in the middle Of a desert) than the UN, EU, USA, Rome, etc. Joel explains more why, & the YouTube video I had watched first has point by point in detail history & facts that line up so identically with Islam, it will really blow your mind.

Worth checking out & looking into, of course unless you already have all of End-Times Prophecy figured out 100% & everyone else with any other facts & perfect fits for the Biblical texts are just "fly by nights", kooks, or just don't understand scripture the way you do (😊).

God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/11 11:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy