SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is the Antichrist Poised to Enter World Stage?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Hi Frank,

I agree with you that having future Antichrist who is going to be a Muslim world ruler it is very impossible because many nations and people around the world would not be deceived by a religion that preaches hate and already has a very bad reputation in the world scene as a religion of hate.

When he appears and comes to power, he will get rid of radical terrorism. He will implement with the false prophet one world religion and one world government. I believe that English will be the international language and he will install a cashless society. He and the false prophet will be the architects of the short lived golden age of deception.

Some early Church Fathers believe that he will come from the tribe of Dan and be a Jew. I believe he has to be of Jewish origin, otherwise the Jews won't be deceived and welcome him as their messiah. The faithful remnant among the Jews that the Father has chosen won't be deceived.

I guess our disagreement is that you see him as rising out of America and me out of Europe. I have a question for you brother, who you think is Babylon the Great?

2016/4/5 1:10Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Re: Is the Antichrist Poised to Enter World Stage?

Thanks for posting this brother Greg. I was'nt aware of this book. I'm looking forward to reading through it, and seeing our brother in Christ's thoughts concerning this issue.

"Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship...."

2016/4/5 2:17Profile

Re:

I disagree with most what has been said, but I'm not going into detailed discussions and give you my version.
I just briefly want to comment about one point that TMK already picked up:
Quote: "Why would he look to Islam for support of anything?"
We all know that "all scripture is inspired " it is the infallible word of God.
Now where does it say that other books are also inspired by the one and only true God.

We are clearly instructed not to add anything to Scripture.

If we believe that all other religions are false then we can't study their books and mix it with the Holy Scripture to support our doctrine.

I don't want anything to do with a "teacher " who does that.!

2016/4/5 3:15
a-servant

Re:

It's simple really, there is one person that is out of Europe, he claims to have direct line descendancy -> the house of David, and he also claims to have a direct line to Mohammed. So he will try to be everyone for everybody. Is he for real? Oh yes, real person of immense power and global influence, waiting for his cue to step in to unite the world.

2016/4/5 4:04Profile

Re:

Redi writes..........

"I guess our disagreement is that you see him as rising out of America and me out of Europe. I have a question for you brother, who you think is Babylon the Great?"

I do see him rising out of America Redi. It is without a doubt, the revived roman empire, right down to its system of government and its people and its place in the world. As for Babylon the Great, not sure about that, not sure what that phrase may consist of. I think one thing is for sure, no theologian is figuring this out and if there is a consensus of opinion and men writing books about it, then we can be sure it wont be that :) We are talking about something that could, if it were possible, deceive even the elect. Most of my American Christian friends think he will be Muslim, but it is not hard, culturally, to see why they would think their " arch enemy," or present day boogey man would become their anti-christ. I am sure in the 50s, 60,s,70s and 80s that many Americans might have believed that a Communist would be the anti-christ............bro Frank

2016/4/5 8:47

Re:

A literal Babylon no longer exists. The "Great Babylon" or "Babylon the Great", is figurative language for for the world system characterized by confusion and rebellion (remember the tower of Babel). It's not one country or a specific false religion.

Babylon is a symbol of rebellion against God and the world system is home to Satan's false religious system, as well as all the other "systems" (political, educational, social, etc) that exalt man over Jesus Christ. The spirit of Babylonian rebellion and licentiousness continues today and will climax in the great confrontation between light and darkness at the appearing of the Lord Jesus Christ!

It is also referred to as "Mystery Babylon" of Revelation 17, which is pictured as a woman "drunken with the blood of Saints, the blood of the martyrs of Jesus," Revelation 17.6.

Not just one country or one religion is responsible for the blood of the Saints, but Satan's rebellious world system.

"The course of this world" is wickedness against Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the COURSE OF THIS WORLD, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

1Jn 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and THE WHOLE WORLD LIETH IN WICKEDNESS.

2016/4/5 9:22
savannah

Re: antichrist

For those who may not know;
Here are all the verses in the Bible that the word antichrist is used.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as you have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; by which we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, of which you have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Study and meditate rather than speculate.

2016/4/5 10:00Profile
docs

Re: He shall become strong with a small people

http://the.mysteryofisrael.org/2014/03/06/he-shall-become-strong-with-a-small-people/

I'm not trying to be dogmatic or whatever but just throwing a little food for thought into the mix. I'm not seeking to set anyone straight but just offering a bit of understanding I believe I have come to. These are possible scenarios in the article and not set in absolute stone.

Meanwhile, many think the career and activities of the AC can be seen in Daniel 11:36-45. Daniel 11:36 is the thought Paul uses in II Thess 2:3-4.

36 - Then the king will do as he pleases, and "he will exalt and MAGNIIFY HIMSELF ABOVE EVERY GOD", and will speak monstrous things against the God of gods; and he will prosper until the inndignation is finsihed, for that which is decreed wil be done. (Dan 11:36)

3 - Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

4 - who opposses and "EXALTS HIMSELF ABOVE EVERY SO-CALLED GOD OR OBJECT OF WORSHIP, so that he seats himself in the temple oof God, DISPLAYING HIMSELF AS BEING GOD. (II Thess 2:3-4)

So Paul's reference comes straight from Daniel 11:36 and Daniel and Paul both used a personall pronoun (he, him) to describe the coming person.

I also agree with the commentators who think his activities begin to be portrayed in Daniel 11:21 to the end of the chapter.

People say why concentrate on the AC when we're supposed to be focused on Jesus. That's very true and goes without saying but how can we not want to know a bit at least about the coming man of lawlessness spoken of in multiple places in scripture.

Jesus has everything in control.

2016/4/5 13:15Profile
a-servant

Re:

"I'm not trying to be dogmatic" haha, yes I think that disclaimer seems to be required these days when you want to quote scripture and violate the spirit that sees any man's opinion as formally equal with truth.

I'm not dogmatic on this one, because it has little scripture that reveals all, and proof cannot be made without a long personal research on terms of looking into the spiritual world of the candidate that simply does not fit on a forum. Yet I agree with starting with Daniel, as he portrays him very accurately. Not just Daniel 11:21 as a person also already in 7:8 as the little horn that comes out of the "ten horns".

Ten horns in eschatological terms most of us grew up with, was thought to be the EU. Which was a tempting concept when they had around 10 members. These days they long passed that number, and research had to find another candidate. This man found one that fits on the dot:

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n2363.cfm

I forgot about that concept, even though one of my teachers told me its basics in elemantary school already. It explains serveral current things, for example: The Reason for All of the wars that the US & allies were fighting in the last few years. After you read it, suddenly they all make sense (for them) - Or is explains part of the current illegals in the US situation where illegal Mexicans get official driver licenses instead of getting deported. They soon will not be illegal any longer it seems. I never saw that one coming, but compare it with the actual quoted news in that article about their last gov. meetings on that.

The "ten horns" are not the EU any longer, just 1 horn of them. And their leaders are to hand over their power that they not yet officially posess to the little horn. That's in Rev 17:12. So they might hand over their power even before this goes live.

One of 2 direct descriptions to identify who will rule them is also in those verses in Revelation, it's so specific that all guesses must be wrong. Although it fits one candidate perfectly. The other proof is his number, unfortunately that fits more than 1 person, yet just one of them fits in all of the 3 relevant key languages, what must be close to impossible in terms of mathematical possibilities.

It's way easier to get a hunch of his identity when you think about what's going on globally with the 10 kingdoms that currently are in the process of being formed. Who is the force behind it? Correct, you can guess that. They are working with 1000s of interest groups independently in all walks of life - yet in firm accord with one spirit to achieve this one goal. That's important to remember, independently but of the same spirit.

Who are the top power groups involved? Who finances them, and who actually controls them. There is a hierarchy of power, and outsiders are not allowed in. And the top of them also has to report to someone, like in a head of a head organisation. And these people at the top of that have both economical as well as spiritual authority within their hierarchy. And they also have a candidate, that is not currently in power, but has all the necessary 'ingredients' and heritage on his side.

I don't think his name is important, he is just another man waiting for his hour of power. But he is not American, neither does he operate on the level of power of heads of state or presidents or bankers or popes. He does however create policies that get adopted by governments. In their spiritual hierarchy he is positioned much higher, more like the uncrowned heir and you can see the respect he gets from presidents when they meet. I noticed that especially at a meeting with an American president in the past, he looked at him like he was a pizza delivery boy that was way too late with a delivery. Then I looked at the presidents face expression and I saw fear.

2016/4/6 5:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy