SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Franklin Graham Warns America: 'I Fear That Our End Will Be Near'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Franklin Graham Warns America: 'I Fear That Our End Will Be Near'

Evangelical preacher the Rev. Franklin Graham has warned that much like the decline of the Babylonian empire close to 2,500 years ago, America may also be staring down at its end, unless it turns back to God.

"What's the writing on the wall for America? As a nation we are found lacking because of sin and disobedience to God's Holy Word. We have not honored Him. If we don't turn back to God, I fear that our end will be near," Graham wrote on Facebook Sunday.

He noted that 2,500 year ago, present day Iraq was known as the Babylonian empire, and boasted one of the largest armies in the world at the time.

"Its king, Belshazzar, was having a big party drinking and boasting with his wives, his mistresses, and his nobles," Graham described, referring to the account in the book of Daniel in the Bible.

He added: "While they were partying, the hand of God appeared and wrote a message on the wall, terrifying everyone including King Belshazzar. His face grew pale and his knees went weak. Daniel is called in to interpret the handwriting which says three things: 'Mene: God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end. Tekel: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting. Peres: Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.'"

After Daniel warns Belshazzar that he is guilty of worshiping false gods, the king is slain that very night, and the kingdom is lost.

Graham has made several such warnings in the past, declaring at his Decision America Tour that the U.S. is "being stripped of biblical heritage."

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/franklin-graham-warns-america-our-end-will-be-near-160821/

2016/4/4 16:08Profile

Re: Franklin Graham Warns America: 'I Fear That Our End Will Be Near'

May we please hear & heed these warnings, & not just say, "there is no America at all" in this new kingdom. God forbid.

2016/4/4 16:27
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

A fool says in his heart that there is no God We are a nation of collective fools. Graham is right here.

I think it is helpful to be reminded frequently of our plight before God. Whereas, I differ from our brother and terms of the political implications of our foolishness -- he is far more concerned about the "nation" as an entity than I am -- he is spot on about the history of those who reject Him.

2016/4/4 21:15Profile

Re:

As has been said, the problem with America is not the heathen but the Christians. I know of only one solution. It is always the solution to any of our problems. Turn to the Lord.

2 Ch 7:14 If MY PEOPLE, which are CALLED BY MY NAME, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This is NOT the time to be fearful or panic. 365 times the Bible says, “fear not…” This IS a GOOD time to get SERIOUS with your relationship with God! This is also a good time to win souls, "multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision".

A time of purification for the Church is coming and the only way to avoid tribulation/persecution is to deny the Lord. We can't really tell Christians in other lands there will be no tribulation since thousands are dying each day for their faith.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world YE SHALL HAVE TRIBULATION: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in TRIBULATION; continuing instant in prayer;

1 Thessalonians 3:4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that WE SHOULD SUFFER TRIBULATION; EVEN AS IT CAME TO PASS, and ye know.

Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great TRIBULATION, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

“In the world ye SHALL HAVE TRIBULATION…” Jn. 16:1-4, 33. (don't confuse tribulation with wrath!)

Many will be caught by surprise, fall into disillusionment that they are still on earth during this great tumult and fall away.

We must exhort people to continue in the Faith and press into the Lord.

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and EXHORTING THEM TO CONTINUE IN THE FAITH, and that we must through much TRIBULATION enter into the kingdom of God.

2016/4/5 9:09

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy